• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News York City (home) - Saturday 10th August 3pm - tickets on sale now

I’ve only just realised from this thread - the whole south lower is a family section?! That’s absurdly massive for a family section.. probably needs to be sorted with the amount of revenue we lose there..

Only 212 tickets outside of Family Areas left. They need to change the South Lower as there is no reason to that much be family.

I’ve only just realised from this thread - the whole south lower is a family section?! That’s absurdly massive for a family section.. probably needs to be sorted with the amount of revenue we lose there..
Yep. It’s about 1,600 seats in total including the two end blocks of the West stand. Absolutely bonkers. Especially when we are up against it space wise.

Turn the whole South lower into a cheap seats (or terracing) section open to all and get them all sold.

Theres over 700 tickets available in the South lower, about the only place left in the ground you can get a pair of seats together.

Problem is you need a child in tow to be able to purchase one. Am I missing something? Crazy, that we will miss out on probably £10k of revenue because our Family section is so unnecessarily massive.

Do you? I've just got to the checkout page with a single adult ticket.

I think it would have been good if the consortium done a lap of honour so the fans could show there appreciation before the game
I just raised this with Justin and this as expected was his response:

We don't want it to be about us. We want focus on the pitch and just a day of celebration.

We will be there (everyone except George can make it) and I'm sure there'll be lots of interaction with fans throughout the day but us formally making ourselves centre of attention doesn't feel right.

Fans selling out Roots Hall is the best thanks

If this sells out or nearly sells out excluding the away support then we will get a rough estimate on our capacity at roots hall this season, should be interesting to see.

They need to get the extra block opened to increase capacity.
Maybe a question for Justin on Friday at the 'Big Clean' event.

If this sells out or nearly sells out excluding the away support then we will get a rough estimate on our capacity at roots hall this season, should be interesting to see.
7,049 seats in the home areas + Approx 600 away + Approx 400 Corporate/Freebies = 8,049 (roughly)

Not to bad I suppose, let's hope we hit that a few times this season.
It will be the away section that lets us down, with the exception of this weekend and a couple of others.

If we hit over 7,500 regularly, at the moment that will be pretty much a sell-out for home fans.

To get the safety certificate increased, they need the police, local authority, ambulance to agree that the areas of the ground that are run down are fit for purpose. That north west corner is a health hazard that’ll take more than just a friday clean to get that il to scratch.
Are you aware of what needs doing to get it up to scratch? It seems the most obvious area to bring back into use, not least because it has its own turnstiles and a big exit ramp. I seem to recall that the toilets always were a bit basic in there but other than that and perhaps catering (which could be a mobile van).

Sorry - I'm off topic so maybe you can answer this over on the ground improvements thread @Poyntless

To get the safety certificate increased, they need the police, local authority, ambulance to agree that the areas of the ground that are run down are fit for purpose. That north west corner is a health hazard that’ll take more than just a friday clean to get that il to scratch.

When I spoke with John Watson at Wakering,. He said the plan was to make the YZ in the North West corner away fans with an entrance via fairfax entrance and the north returned to home fans to enter via the car park.

Estimated cost was around 75k-100k

Not sure if this has changed

Either way. Its great to see both East and west reaching capacity. Still goign to be a nightmare getting a beer and using the concourse.

When I spoke with John Watson at Wakering,. He said the plan was to make the YZ in the North West corner away fans with an entrance via fairfax entrance and the north returned to home fans to enter via the car park.

Estimated cost was around 75k-100k

Not sure if this has changed

Either way. Its great to see both East and west reaching capacity. Still goign to be a nightmare getting a beer and using the concourse.
Anyone know if there are queues at ticket office?

Last few singles available in East and West stands.
Back row of South Upper still available.

sold over 850 in South Lower and Family stand and as pointed out earlier it would appear that you can buy just a single Adult ticket now in these areas.

We had 7,948 for our last home league game against Rochdale with 198 away fans.
York already sold 400 so let's hope our first crowd under the new regime is higher than the last one under Ron.

Last few singles available in East and West stands.
Back row of South Upper still available.

sold over 850 in South Lower and Family stand and as pointed out earlier it would appear that you can buy just a single Adult ticket now in these areas.

We had 7,948 for our last home league game against Rochdale with 198 away fans.
York already sold 400 so let's hope our first crowd under the new regime is higher than the last one under Ron.

Can't see it being less tbh.

Such a shame that x y z aren't available as this could have been 10k

Anyone know if there are queues at ticket office?

Only a few ahead of me about 1 hour ago. Held up for bit as it looked like two old g**s were blaming staff for some issue.

I was doing a favour for someone who's accounts aren't recognised. Managed to get him two adults and a junior in block Q. The only place left where you can sit together. Probably about 40/50 tickets left in that bit.

Back