• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News York City (home) - Saturday 10th August 3pm - tickets on sale now

Mate of mine contacted the club to get a season card and was told that no more would be for sale, even after the game Saturday.

That seems a strange decision for me..
It does on the face of it.

However, we’ve sold such a good number the club might be thinking they are at a point now where it’s better to sell that seat at £22 a match, rather than the season card rate of just over £17.

If we get off to a good start, most if not all games are going to be near sell-outs, whilst under capacity restrictions. So they will want to keep x amount of seats for general sale at the highest price possible.

Not saying it’s right, but could be why they have decided to not sell anymore season cards?

That said, looks like you can still buy a season card online. Although limited availability of course, as pretty much every seat has been sold for York.

Another point to consider is that each season ticket sold, comes with 3 complimentary tickets per season.
I have not done the maths yet, but the club need to be able to hourner that season ticket benefit.
If every season ticket holder used 1 free ticket per match that is over 500 free tickets per game on average.
I suspect a fair number never get used though.

Does that really hold 150?

Looks more like about 40 odd
Try Spec Savers, other good opticians are also available.
If the counting is an issue Adult Education courses start in September and can be found on line.
And there are a few "odd" in there however most seem standard football folks.

Back