• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

Just checking in on Tubby Moncs. Been posting on SZ for about 25 years on and off so I doubt I’ll ever fully break the habit.
God knows how Orient managed Moncur… but the utter nonsense about not being able to play 90- quality on the ball, making things happen but once again today the stand out moment was his chasing back, last ditch block, and bringing it back out with a lay off to start another move… great engine, what an athlete…

i'm claiming an assist for that one. i haven't seen us win this season. then my daughter decided she wanted me to take her out so didn't watch or listen, just saw the score when we got home. delighted.
bad news is i've got a season ticket. come on lads, break my curse!

for those that were there or watched the game were Solihull a footballing side which enabled us to play vs the bully boys were have not competed against?

Yes, they tried to play football and are certainly not cloggers. Was in the main stand, sitting in between two delightful chaps (who both had come with low expectations). Everyone around was moaning at their team: sideways, backwards, sideways. Sound familiar?
Agree with everyone about Pepple and KAF, whose goal was very calmly taken. What people have missed, I think, is the solidity that Hussin brought as a deep lying midfielder, allowing KAF and Moncur to drive forward or play further up field. Bridge was fine on the wing, and although pressing and running about, was largely ineffective when he came inside.
Was closer to the penalty incident, I think, than most Blues fans. It definitely was a penalty. The last ditch tackles Taylor is so good at came unstuck today. The defence still looks shaky to me. Fortunately Moors strikers aren’t up to much.
A good performance today and a more attacking lineup away from home than we usually see.
Incidentally, I had warned about the storms in the West Midlands. It took me nearly three hours to get to the ground. The M5 was closed and it was absolutely bucketing down on the way through the lanes of Worcestershire and Warwickshire. The match was played in perfect conditions on a good pitch.

God knows how Orient managed Moncur… but the utter nonsense about not being able to play 90- quality on the ball, making things happen but once again today the stand out moment was his chasing back, last ditch block, and bringing it back out with a lay off to start another move… great engine, what an athlete…
Remember Orient are a higher level. I can see how Moncs would struggle up there but he’s not up there, he’s here. If we make him feel wanted and welcome (Bonne also) we might just reap the rewards. We’ve already seen he’s got a lot of attributes..vision, touch, movement .. so this ‘tubby’ bull**** can get in the sea.

Yessss.....KAF's was right out of his highlights reel, but well done everyone after the last week, thoroughly deserved win, time to order an extra ouzo from the Greek island of Santorini :Happy:

View attachment 34055
I regrettably drank too much Raki from a few miles away on Crete at lunch, mostly free well (okay all free!!), so missed (or slept?) most of the 2nd half having streamed all the recent games.

Having not seen anything, okay I'm home now & on the Tanquerey Sevilla, it's great to hear both Pepple & KAF contributing.

Pepple, to coin a much vaunted club legend, has "worked his socks off" to little effect in the games I've streamed & if you look at KAF's you tube highlights there is definitely a player there.

Great to hear it's all ended well I will raise a few Metaxa's before flying home tomorrow. What can go wrong!! Hic!

Big thank you to Solihull who sorted everything when I had chest pains and got an ambulance to come. Didn't really care about the game after that 😂
I'm assuming it was heart related, and I'm also assuming it wasn't as serious as it could have been or you wouldn't be posting here and now. I wish you well whatever it was. Heart attacks are just a bit painful, least ways mine was in 2010, thought I was not going to any more Southend games ever at one point.

Another shout out from me for Adam Crowther. I know he showed his inexperience against AFC Fylde, but today he had Conor Wilkinson well and truly tethered. I know there are calls for a more experienced CB, but this bloke will get better and better, and hopefully Kev and Co will stick with him.

Guys come on! That was a great result, but no way was it a great performance. It was a welcome relief from Tuesday but we didn't control the game and at 2-3 I'd have been more concerned about us conceding than backing us to get a 4th. Solihull weren't all that, and were poor at the back. If they had scored the 3 goals we did, we'd have been criticising the defending on all of them. They'll have got a rollicking in the dressing room after that one.

We're at a stage with our team where you never quite know what to expect week to week - and there are some teams in this division who would have bowled through our midfield today like skittles. Fortunately that wasn't Solihull, who seem to struggle with us.

Guys come on! That was a great result, but no way was it a great performance. It was a welcome relief from Tuesday but we didn't control the game and at 2-3 I'd have been more concerned about us conceding than backing us to get a 4th. Solihull weren't all that, and were poor at the back. If they had scored the 3 goals we did, we'd have been criticising the defending on all of them. They'll have got a rollicking in the dressing room after that one.

We're at a stage with our team where you never quite know what to expect week to week - and there are some teams in this division who would have bowled through our midfield today like skittles. Fortunately that wasn't Solihull, who seem to struggle with us.
Cheer up mate 😂

Who hurt you?

Only whisper this but, possibly a corner has turned and a light bulb flashed. We can easily concede in any game but, the art is to score more than them. Set up was better and a lot of the possession was in the right half. Great result. Please do not revert in the next game, as we have seen in the past.

I thought Solihull looked a useful side especially going forward. They'll be challenging for the playoffs for sure. John Bostock is a quality player at this level and he looked after the ball so well.

Looking at the highlights, Solihull didn’t close us down as we have been in the last couple of games. Perhaps we play better when allowed against footballing teams
Over the last 3 seasons in this division, on numerous times we've struggled against the physical, cheating, time wasting teams who also frequent it.
It would be interesting to know how the other 'footballing' teams in the division fare when playing these sides?.

What game was you watching? 😂

Back