• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

Just had a listen to the Solihull managers post match interview. Interestingly the only Southend player he names is Bonne, who he described as outstanding. It made me think perhaps some of us have been a bit harsh (or maybe just expecting too much), considering he’s not fully fit. Here’s hoping like Bim today that the goals arrive soon.
And that there are little nuances to a player's game which a highly qualified coach can see, that the average supporter probably misses or overlooks.

Didn't see the game and haven't read previous posts but just want to check where we all are.
Best team in the League 2 weeks ago when we won well at home in midweek.
Worst team in the League when we lost next 2.
Now best again right ?
I only ask because I don't want to be out of sync.
Forever a roller coaster. Been the same during my 40 odd years 🤣
Don't sweat it just ride it.

Played well today. I was surprised to see KAF start after I thought he had been poor in his sub appearances, but he certainly proved me wrong. Pepple was excellent up top too. The rest 7 out of 10 for me.

Their goals, we missed Cav for the first, and the second was uncharacteristically clumsy from Taylor. Hope we can start to cut those out.

God knows how Orient managed Moncur… but the utter nonsense about not being able to play 90- quality on the ball, making things happen but once again today the stand out moment was his chasing back, last ditch block, and bringing it back out with a lay off to start another move… great engine, what an athlete…

I know it’s the distant past for you now, but if you try really hard you might faintly recall that everything is about twice as quick in League One. Glad Moncs is able to keep up with the bin men & window cleaners he’s playing alongside.

It does get under your skin, even for non blue boys.

Moncs has been brilliant and played 90 mins on a few occasions. He's run his socks off in every game. He made a fantastic last ditch tackle today, he came out of nowhere! He seems to be really enjoying himself and exudes quality. We are just hoping it continues.

Hope your okay mate, take it easy.
Take it easy? No more Blues games for you then!

What a way to celebrate my 1000th game. A really solid performance and yes once again we gifted two goals away but overall we were full value for our win. How I wish we could play them every week. Formation and team selections spot on. Pleased to see two up top and both Pepple and Boone deserve huge credit. Midfield was slick with the little pocket rocket KAF having a great game, Husin and Moncur put in a decent shift. Defence once again looked far more solid with Crowther looking better with Ralph by his side. Bridge still worries me slightly again and even back in his more familiar position didn’t hit the heights we are used to. Gus simply not enough words to describe the lad. Colin solid in goal and his kicking was much better and certainly there was less passing around at the back. As for the 464 travelling shrimpers fantastic support yet again. All four goals were well worked in their own right with both KAF and Pepple doing the simple of thing of hitting the target but their movement and control made the chances. Gus got a bit of luck with his goal but again his movement was a delight. Bonne won a great header for Pepple to score the 4th.

Same team again Tuesday please Kev and no doubt another huge following will be at Wealdstone. A game we should go into with confidence and three points should be there if we play like we did today.

Thanks for all the congrats I got today and even had a message from Justin which was nice. My first game was stood with my dad, sadly no longer with us. Today I stood with my mum, son and nephew. We are a true shrimper family
Well done & here's to the next 1000!

Been travelling on business, but just watched the KAF goal, very nice. But….. we’re still dilly dallying around with the ball at the back. Luckily Solihull strikers seemed to have no interest in chasing down our back line judging by that clip, but it’s exactly the sort of thing that got us in bother against Sutton.

If we’re allowed to play football, we’ll have a good chance of winning matches, but if we’re bullied and chased down, it’ll end up most likely going against us….

Been travelling on business, but just watched the KAF goal, very nice. But….. we’re still dilly dallying around with the ball at the back. Luckily Solihull strikers seemed to have no interest in chasing down our back line judging by that clip, but it’s exactly the sort of thing that got us in bother against Sutton.

If we’re allowed to play football, we’ll have a good chance of winning matches, but if we’re bullied and chased down, it’ll end up most likely going against us….
exactly the reason i have stated we need a no holds barred midfield general someone in the McCormack mould and a no holds barred CD in the Barrett mould. Lets not kid ourselves today was a good victory and a tonic not just for the players but also the fans. Now lets wait and see how we perform against a bully boy team that dosent allow us to play the way we want .

Looking at the highlights, Solihull didn’t close us down as we have been in the last couple of games. Perhaps we play better when allowed against footballing teams
Definitely this. Fylde have beaten us twice now in our three meetings. Both times they have closed us down throughout the game, constantly harrying any forward moves whilst allowing us to play sideways as much as we want to and then breaking from their own half with pace and skill. Having a reliable goal scorer in Haughton (who scored again yesterday) helps of course.

I know it’s the distant past for you now, but if you try really hard you might faintly recall that everything is about twice as quick in League One. Glad Moncs is able to keep up with the bin men & window cleaners he’s playing alongside.

There are considerable number Orient fans who have made the life changing decision of moving down to the City by the Sea. They have some sort of revelation, which is no surprise when you compare Leytonstone to God's Riviera.

This is clearly what has happened to George Moncur. Since you last watched him he is fitter, faster, enjoying football and life. All of us on here know deep down you would love to do the same. Most of us like you (considering your Orient). So be brave Johny and take that life changing step.

The odd thing with this formation is that it plays with a wonky 4 at the back (why they coach with just 4 at the beginning too) so it sort of works as a back 4. Bridge is not a lwb more a tracking back winger. Problem is when we have 5 defenders it might be more balanced but also more defensive

Great to see a bit more attacking and more attacking players in the team

There was no over reaction it was yet again a frustration on not going for the game and playing defensively and most importantly playing the dire 532 and not learning from mistakes. If this is our style stick with it.

Today was great because we had that blend of attacking and defending players in the team and a better mentality. This is what we wanted and in my opinion it was proof.

I have no doubt it wasnt fan comments that made him pick that team but It certainly felt out of the blue... Was it a case of finally f**k it let's go for it ?

Back