• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

I blame that Scott Morriss bloke. If he stopped bloody running up the other end trying to get on the end of things, we might stop conceding so many. Any potential buyers who may have been circling will hopefully recognise that he's actually quite ****e and turn their attentions elsewhere. The man's stealing a living and dining out lately on a huge dose of good fortune. Won't help that he's such a negative impact on everyone around him, and has no relationship with the fans.

:Whistling:
Agreed. He's a complete liability. Buyer beware.

To me the 3 points are the greatest thing, but a close second is seeing Laurie Walker who gave it large to the Southend fans at Christmas after the Barnet game, concede 4 goals, is a chefs kiss.
Yep he threw a paddy in the second half as well with the ref over a free kick I think, right in front of our fans. Bet the away end enjoyed that. Prize 🔔 end

Just had a listen to the Solihull managers post match interview. Interestingly the only Southend player he names is Bonne, who he described as outstanding. It made me think perhaps some of us have been a bit harsh (or maybe just expecting too much), considering he’s not fully fit. Here’s hoping like Bim today that the goals arrive soon.
"There's only one Aribusitamunoipirim Pepple, one Aribusitamunoipirim peeeeeple"

What a way to celebrate my 1000th game. A really solid performance and yes once again we gifted two goals away but overall we were full value for our win. How I wish we could play them every week. Formation and team selections spot on. Pleased to see two up top and both Pepple and Boone deserve huge credit. Midfield was slick with the little pocket rocket KAF having a great game, Husin and Moncur put in a decent shift. Defence once again looked far more solid with Crowther looking better with Ralph by his side. Bridge still worries me slightly again and even back in his more familiar position didn’t hit the heights we are used to. Gus simply not enough words to describe the lad. Colin solid in goal and his kicking was much better and certainly there was less passing around at the back. As for the 464 travelling shrimpers fantastic support yet again. All four goals were well worked in their own right with both KAF and Pepple doing the simple of thing of hitting the target but their movement and control made the chances. Gus got a bit of luck with his goal but again his movement was a delight. Bonne won a great header for Pepple to score the 4th.

Same team again Tuesday please Kev and no doubt another huge following will be at Wealdstone. A game we should go into with confidence and three points should be there if we play like we did today.

Thanks for all the congrats I got today and even had a message from Justin which was nice. My first game was stood with my dad, sadly no longer with us. Today I stood with my mum, son and nephew. We are a true shrimper family

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I was unable to be there today. Can anyone who did go advise whether Bim and Bonne played well together please. I'm assuming they did - the commentary indicated that MB played a part in Bim's second. Thanks in advance.

Just had a listen to the Solihull managers post match interview. Interestingly the only Southend player he names is Bonne, who he described as outstanding. It made me think perhaps some of us have been a bit harsh (or maybe just expecting too much), considering he’s not fully fit. Here’s hoping like Bim today that the goals arrive soon.
Thought Bonne had a really good game. Can see he isn’t quite match fit but can also see he has a footballing brain. His experience alongside Bim worked really well

Blimey Southend scoring 4 away from home...... jurgen klopp Southend new manager 😆. Never would of expected a 4-2 victory. Looking forward to watching the highlights. Hopefully we can kick on and get run of wins going.

I have over the years found it interesting how often fans opinions on a player or his performances differ from the view of ex pros who have actually played the game at a level most fans could only aspire to. Maybe their assessment is more objective as it comes from a been there done it position and normally it's less emotionally involved than that of a fans perspective or expectations, but as they say football is all about opinions, possibly some are more educated than others 🤷‍♂️

I thought Solihull looked a useful side especially going forward. They'll be challenging for the playoffs for sure. John Bostock is a quality player at this level and he looked after the ball so well.
I actually thought he looked overweight and somewhat pedestrian. He failed to positivity influence the game and his contributions mainly saw him laying the ball back to his own centre halves.

I’m in the know nothing camp. Didn’t think Bonne was outstanding at all. Maybe one day, but at the moment looked miles off full fitness and performance. Great movement and header for the fourth tho’.
Pepple much improved and a well taken first goal. Surprised he was the forward hooked for Gubbins to come on.
Forson looked impressive and well worth a start.
Husin was comfortable in a new deep role, keeping the ball well.
Gus the usual strange mix of giving the ball away, missed tackles, all action, commitment and goal scoring.
Collin steady.
Defence in need of work. All over the place at times. Looked vulnerable all afternoon. A test of the coaches skills to sort out if we’re to progress.
Great result. Well done all.

Back