• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

Fantastic performance and result. It has been quite clear that Kev has moved players around the team previously because he hasn't had the tools to play how he wants. We, and Kev, have all been waiting to be able to play two proper strikers up top. This hasn't been possible, so Kev had to shuffle the pack. The moment we do get two available, we look a real threat. We had their CB's pinned back as a result of that.

Playing Bridge wide also meant their whole team had to shuffle across and that opened the space for our midfield. This is what Kev has wanted but been unable to do so. If we have two strikers playing, we have to play Bridge at LWB!

Just think how good it will be when we have Walker to call on too. Get another couple of quality players in as well and things will look better. That's without the other injured trio returning.

The beauty of this league, with so many games, you can easily get back into contention within a few weeks.

One does also wonder that now the Kensdale situation is finally concluded, the dressing room has finally moved on with a sigh of relief. We can't underestimate how impactful that must of been on them all. Kev had to manage that too don't forget.

Onwards and upwards off the field this week, and hopefully on it too. Roll on Wealdstone, "You want some?! The shrimpers will give it ya!"

Not really we conceded two, I’m worried.
I blame that Scott Morriss bloke. If he stopped bloody running up the other end trying to get on the end of things, we might stop conceding so many. Any potential buyers who may have been circling will hopefully recognise that he's actually quite ****e and turn their attentions elsewhere. The man's stealing a living and dining out lately on a huge dose of good fortune. Won't help that he's such a negative impact on everyone around him, and has no relationship with the fans.

:Whistling:

Much more attacking and better on the eye which gave us a well deserved and much needed 3 points against a decent side.

Consistency is key so let's go on a little run now starting with Wealdstone next Tuesday night.

Thought we were excellent.

More attacking, more energy out of midfield, moved the ball quicker and forward more often.

This formation, especially the 3 at the back, is what our style and patterns of play are built on. This is our identity now. I know "plan B" is a nice buzzphrase at the moment, but any plan B is unlikely to involve a back 4 or a drastically different set up, which would involve a complete 180 on the training ground work.

Let them continue getting better at it.

Never get too high after the wins, or too low after the defeats. There is still some rebuilding to do. Kev still needs to find the best formula, and we might not play that well next game, but that performance should show everybody how he wants us playing, and that we have it in the locker. Solihull are hardly mugs.

Manage expectations and put your trust in the football department to get it right. It won't happen overnight, but today was a huge positive.

Crowther, Pepple and KAF the standouts. Crowther won everything and was good at moving the ball out of defence. Pepple's hold up play was excellent, he ran his nuts off and was a total pain in the arse for them, and 2 good goals to open his account. KAF gave us the energy we've been missing out of midfield, and excelled in a box-to-box role, providing a link between the midfield and the strikers....and what an excellent touch and finish for his goal.

Collin 6
Taylor 7
Crowther 8
Ralph 7
GSM 7
Bridge 7
KAF 9 MOM
Husin 6
Moncur 7
Pepple 9
Bonne 7

Subs:
Gubbins 6
Morton 6
Wood 6

Last edited:
I hope the handful who were writing off KAF as a bad signing after a couple of sub appearances feel a bit silly now!

Pleased to see us bounce back after a couple of poor performances. The defence still appears more shaky than we’re used to, so going a bit more attacking might be the way forward. Good to see Bim get a couple, hopefully they’ll be plenty more to follow.

Much more like it! Didn't see the game but a more positive line up from Kev is what we've been calling for, and he delivered.
Great to see Forsun starting and scoring and Pepple also off the mark. As for Gussy, bloody hell! How's he keep doing it? Just got to get Walker and Bonne off the mark then we can build results. Really don't need to put out negative line ups in this league because when we are playing our game and building attacking moves, as proved today, this squad is good enough to challenge anyone if we cut out the silly mistakes at the back.

I see Beau has gone out on loan, so I am assuming an incoming or two may be close.... hopefully adding some more quality to the squad.

Great result today, well done lads for responding and especially to Kev for being a bit braver.

A fantastic performance and so looking forward to a night out tonight at the local (which happens to be the Solihull owners pub too and the sponsor of the Forest Stand that housed the amazing shrimpers). I had the honour of meeting members of the consortium including Tom today from the box and the club are now in the hands of a great group of professionals who have the right targets in mind for the club . I had tipped off my Solihull friends about our Goal Scoring Machine and the best moment was them saying why is your RWB playing CF the moment before he set up Bim!! After the trip to Flyde I was worried but more of the Solihull approach please.

for those that were there or watched the game were Solihull a footballing side which enabled us to play vs the bully boys were have not competed against?

That's more like it!! Brilliant performance from the lads today and Gus is the top scorer in the division!!

Well done the coaching team, and what a great tonic after two disappointing defeats. Still very light on the bench, but much more to be positive about today.

Two goals for Bim as well - what's not to like? Thoughts here please Shrimpers....

View attachment 34054
Superb performance, wish we could play Solihull every week! 😁

Where the hell did that performance come from???? Predicted a loss but obviously didn't attatch enough importance to the 'bogey team' phenomena! How long has it been since a team have regarded us as their 'bogey side?' The first-half performance was nearly as perfect as I've ever seen, with two superb goals. The only blemish being, conceding near the break with a well worked goal, even if it was aided by a bit of static defending.
Moors came out in the second period with the confidence of that late goal and probably a rocket from their manager. We sucked up their pressure pretty well..............thank you Collin for a brilliant, reaction save. Just at the right time we regain our two goal cushion, with another great goal from..........who else????
Taylor has made so many brilliant, last ditch challenges that one has to accept that he may get one JUST wrong..........better to do it when we have a two goal lead. Collin has, like the rest of the team, had a really good afternoon which lifts any pressure on him. Howevever, I have to say that I wouldn't wish any penalty shootouts in the near future. (Has he ever saved one for us?)
Happily , within a couple of minutes, we restored our two goal advantage with my biggest disappointment of the afternoon as Pepple got the touch to claim the strike.............I had Bonne down to score in my pedictions! Apart from that, it would have been nice to see Bonne open his account for us........next time maybe?
Huge let off when a header was making iis way to the left-hand corner of Collin's net where, I think the penalty taker, tried to help it in but incredibly balooned it over the bar, which was REALLY the difficult option. Had the same kittens, as did the commentator when Pepple was subbed, as he had held the ball up and run for everything. It seemed to be inviting pressure on us, which it did but even then we achieved some threatening breaks. In the end we held firm and achieved our best win of the season with our best performance of the season. SZ will be a happier place this week........can't be far from the renewed claims that we are going to 'p**s on this League.':Hilarious:

I hope the handful who were writing off KAF as a bad signing after a couple of sub appearances feel a bit silly now!

Pleased to see us bounce back after a couple of poor performances. The defence still appears more shaky than we’re used to, so going a bit more attacking might be the way forward. Good to see Bim get a couple, hopefully they’ll be plenty more to follow.
KAF and Pepple now need to make it two good performances in a row.
The trouble with NL players is their inconsistency.
If Kev and co can get tunes out of both on a regular basis, say, 3/4 games out of six, we'll do OK.

Back