• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

Nice post from Rigsby where he talks about Bonne and the work he does off the ball to draw defenders and open spaces for others like Kaf and Pepple to take advantage off, its not always about scoring for a striker but also work off the ball to help others. Stats that dont show up on paper, seems like the Solihull manager noticed it also .

Wanted to mention but forgot , on a post here someone mentioned that they think Maher would like coker and Wood to go out on loan, first of all why would you loan out Coker the lad i believe scored 8 goals last season from midfield ,been a constant starter until injured this season, Wood maybe i can understand a little but has shown played in the right position he has a lot about him to be likedand can put in a very decent cross, im sure Kev and co are helping his progression and ability to play other positions than just RW, A loan out to a league below may help with playing time but i would prefer if he was to be loaned out to a club within our division to see how he performs given playing time .

Last edited:
Nice post from Rigsby where he talks about Bonne and the work he does off the ball to draw defenders and open spaces for others like Kaf and Pepple to take advantage off, its not always about scoring for a striker but also work off the ball to help others. Stats that dont show up on paper, seems like the Solihull manager noticed it also .

I remember, many years ago, at a Southend Collegians team selection meeting making a very similar comment. My exact words, about the selection of a certain forward, were "It's not just about scoring goals".

I was absolutely slaughtered for it!

I still wake in the early hours, in a cold sweat, just thinking about it!

:Smile:

Back