• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Solihull Moors 2-4 Southend United

What a great response and result. Often feel, "Is it just me" when disappointed to read and hear constant criticism of everything SUFC and COSU after a few sub-par performances. As a lifelong fan since 1969 I have to except that following my team has always been about ups and downs and filled with emotion.

However, I was just over. Fylde game postponed, big disappointment for me as I only get to about 9 matches a year. Was at Oldham and Eastleigh games Was so encouraged and enthusiastic about the future. There will still be ups and downs going forward. Convinced we are in good hands with the owners and coaching staff. The last 5 seasons in the EFL was the biggest, darkest down in my time as a fan. Last season and the next 4 seasons have the potential to be one of the best 5 years I have experienced. There is a real connection now between the fans, the players, coaching staff and the new owners. Let's keep it going.

Will be back over in November. First game vs FGR at home. Can't wait should be a "cracker"

Just checking in on Tubby Moncs. Been posting on SZ for about 25 years on and off so I doubt I’ll ever fully break the habit.
It does get under your skin, even for non blue boys.

Moncs has been brilliant and played 90 mins on a few occasions. He's run his socks off in every game. He made a fantastic last ditch tackle today, he came out of nowhere! He seems to be really enjoying himself and exudes quality. We are just hoping it continues.

We seem to be a real Jekyll and Hyde side at the moment alternating good performances like todays and the Eastleigh game with Sutton and Fylde at the opposite end of the spectrum. Let us hope we can find some consistency over the next few games. The potential is clearly there for a serious play off challenge at least
I am sure we will, after all the team is already much changed and it will take time to integrate the new arrivals. Under normal circumstances most new players would come in during pre season. This of course wasn't possible, which is why Kevin has been saying that we are some way behind other Clubs. We will be okay.

Last edited:
Where the hell did that performance come from???? Predicted a loss but obviously didn't attatch enough importance to the 'bogey team' phenomena! How long has it been since a team have regarded us as their 'bogey side?' The first-half performance was nearly as perfect as I've ever seen, with two superb goals. The only blemish being, conceding near the break with a well worked goal, even if it was aided by a bit of static defending.
Moors came out in the second period with the confidence of that late goal and probably a rocket from their manager. We sucked up their pressure pretty well..............thank you Collin for a brilliant, reaction save. Just at the right time we regain our two goal cushion, with another great goal from..........who else????
Taylor has made so many brilliant, last ditch challenges that one has to accept that he may get one JUST wrong..........better to do it when we have a two goal lead. Collin has, like the rest of the team, had a really good afternoon which lifts any pressure on him. Howevever, I have to say that I wouldn't wish any penalty shootouts in the near future. (Has he ever saved one for us?)
Happily , within a couple of minutes, we restored our two goal advantage with my biggest disappointment of the afternoon as Pepple got the touch to claim the strike.............I had Bonne down to score in my pedictions! Apart from that, it would have been nice to see Bonne open his account for us........next time maybe?
Huge let off when a header was making iis way to the left-hand corner of Collin's net where, I think the penalty taker, tried to help it in but incredibly balooned it over the bar, which was REALLY the difficult option. Had the same kittens, as did the commentator when Pepple was subbed, as he had held the ball up and run for everything. It seemed to be inviting pressure on us, which it did but even then we achieved some threatening breaks. In the end we held firm and achieved our best win of the season with our best performance of the season. SZ will be a happier place this week........can't be far from the renewed claims that we are going to 'p**s on this League.':Hilarious:
Collin saved a penalty in his debut, when I brought the grandkids up from Sussex for the Dorking game, 19 December 2021, in the FA Trophy (we won 2-1 thanks to that save). It was clear from that game he had a future. He was just 18. https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...ollin-andeng-ndi-thrilled-first-senior-start/

Last edited:
That first first half was unreal best half of football this season absolutely in control forson looks a real player husin done well in the Morton and miley role he dictated the tempo and kept us ticking and pepple his first goal wow he played really well today and nice to get one over that Walker in goal after Barnet last year

Back