• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shrimpers unlikely to complete deal for midfielder Pedder

The posters on here throwing stones at those criticising or showing concern here seem to think that because of the many good things COSU have done mean we’re now unable to express any opinion with a negative.

Would be extremely dull on here if we take every single piece of news with an “oh well” attitude.

I don’t think it’s unfair for fans to question the decision to offer a player with a decent pedigree, who was one of the few bright sparks on the pitch during pre-season, when we’re blatantly short in his position - the same deal as we’ve offered the likes of our unproven youth team players (if the article is to be believed… and that is all we have to go on!)

Can we stop the knocking down of anyone that isn’t writing love poems to Justin Rees?
👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

The posters on here throwing stones at those criticising or showing concern here seem to think that because of the many good things COSU have done mean we’re now unable to express any opinion with a negative.

Would be extremely dull on here if we take every single piece of news with an “oh well” attitude.

I don’t think it’s unfair for fans to question the decision to offer a player with a decent pedigree, who was one of the few bright sparks on the pitch during pre-season, when we’re blatantly short in his position - the same deal as we’ve offered the likes of our unproven youth team players (if the article is to be believed… and that is all we have to go on!)

Can we stop the knocking down of anyone that isn’t writing love poems to Justin Rees?
👏 👏 👏 couldn’t of put it better.

A player with a decent pedigree? Eh? He looked decent against .. was it Stortford? As far as I see nobody’s knocking down anyone just explaining we’ve got a budget now and we won’t be chucking money at players just to get them in. Everyone can see we’re short but we’re one game in. Bit early to panic.

The playing budget constraints have been known about for a while even though it's only been 3 wee!s since official take over. The consortium have been paying the wages for a while and were very focused on spending.
A few players got good increases in their new contracts and I believe the 3 amigos had a reasonably good deal in the end too.
We've purchased some players from lower down who won't be on much per week, but the budget is what it is and there's no indication of more being made available or being able to utilise monies earmarked for other needs.
All managers want a bit more for some more players and it's perfectly normal for managers to stress their needs to the board to see what can be done.
Will be interesting to see what happens, if anything, or if we stay as we are with maybe the odd temporary loan player.
Maybe we over reacted a bit but will be a long old season then. Need at least 3 quality players Saturday proved that .

Come on mate, I’m all for different opinions, but we both know that the posters who’ve had stones thrown at them haven’t simply questioned the decision to offer Pedder the same terms as other unproven players.

They’ve had stones thrown at them for being doom and gloom merchants, making sweeping statements, or jumping to completely unfair or unproven conclusions like ‘can’t even sign a free agent’, ‘we haven’t got a pot to **** in’, ‘we’re acting like a small club’, ‘our aim and budget is mid-table’, as well as digs about our recruitment ability.

Come on mate, I’m all for different opinions, but we both know that the posters who’ve had stones thrown at them haven’t simply questioned the decision to offer Pedder the same terms as other unproven players.

They’ve had stones thrown at them for being doom and gloom merchants, making sweeping statements, or jumping to completely unfair or unproven conclusions like ‘can’t even sign a free agent’, ‘we haven’t got a pot to **** in’, ‘we’re acting like a small club’, ‘our aim and budget is mid-table’, as well as digs about our recruitment ability.
Again your opinion we can disagree .

People a free to say what they want they pay their money travel round the country! Unfortunately that’s how it is opinions
Fixed it for you.
time will tell

I do feel for Kev a bit because when we don’t get a result now he will revert to the fact we need 3/4 players in and we know what we need !! He can’t keep saying that can he?

Yes so smart that we released 7 players last year and have only signed 4 and haven’t improved the squad and got outplayed by York because of it proper smart that ain’t it
We have improved in the players we’ve brought in though

Gubbins > Lomas
Walker > Powell
Wind > Demetriou

IMO they are all improvements with possible high re sell value … granted we still need a few more but to say we are not improving is a very poor and lazy observation

I can’t understand how anyone can read anything negative re SUFC from the statement.

We offered him the same deal that others have accepted. Why would we do something different?

How happy would you be if you were paid X amour and your firm employed someone else with your skills and experience for X amount 0@us 20%. You probably wouldn’t be happy about it and it would bread resentment and damage team morale- exactly the opposite of what we are trying to create.

Walker
Gubbins

Two excellent signings to add to our fairly strong squad. Not sure I see where the issue is. This isn't Ron Martin, we're not spending money we don't have.

If we can't afford it, we won't.

The club needs to be brought back to even keel first and foremost, that will take a year or two at least. We're not Forest Green, or Barnet, we can't just chuck cash as it. Otherwise what was the point of the last 12 months?
I never thought I’d hear that analagy … we’re not Barnet ffs 🤦‍♂️ honestly

Gubbins > Lomas
Walker > Powell
Wind > Demetriou

IMO they are all improvements with possible high re sell value … granted we still need a few more but to say we are not improving is a very poor and lazy observation

Gubbins > Lomas
Walker > Powell
Wind > Demetriou

But he’s entitled to say that I know he goes to every game his judgment would probably be better than yours to be fair

Back