• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Shrimpers unlikely to complete deal for midfielder Pedder

Looks like cosu aim is mid table as seems our budget level, maybe being bit dramatic just seems poor can’t get anything over the line .
Walker
Gubbins

Two excellent signings to add to our fairly strong squad. Not sure I see where the issue is. This isn't Ron Martin, we're not spending money we don't have.

If we can't afford it, we won't.

The club needs to be brought back to even keel first and foremost, that will take a year or two at least. We're not Forest Green, or Barnet, we can't just chuck cash as it. Otherwise what was the point of the last 12 months?

RAFFERTY Pedder seems unlikely to sign for Southend United, Echosport understands.

Pedder had been on trial with the Shrimpers during pre-season and featured in friendlies against both Gillingham and Ballyfermot United.

Blues opted to offer the 22-year-old midfielder the same deal handed to several of their young players but have been unable to agree terms.

READ MORE: Oli Coker aims to build on opening day draw

And Pedder is now believed to be exploring an opportunity to play in the USA.

The Shrimpers remain keen to bolster their options in the centre of the park and are still without Noor Husin who is working his way back to full fitness after shin surgery in the summer .

Blues started the National League season with a 1-1 draw against York City at Roots Hall on Saturday and head to Hartlepool United this weekend.
Thank you very much sir

Why tho we pay one of if not the highest season ticket prices in the league we’ve sold the most season tickets in the league average 6500 7000 most weeks in the 5 th tier we should be aiming for top 3 minimum
I was thinking about this the other day. I guess the issue is selling lots of season tickets helps you know your income this season - but it doesn't help for next season or the season after. If signing players on multi year contracts (which most will be) then to increase budget based on this year's season ticket sales may be folly.

Cause: Some fans thinking COSU are going to break the bank with a high wage bill.

Effect: The same fans getting agitated that we aren't signing players.

COSU have spent ALOT of money already to clutch us from the jaws of death and we were never going to be amongst the big spenders this season (in teams of players)

This is a long term project people! And the fact that I've already seen comments like "Maher isn't the right manager to get us promoted this season" is ****ing ridiculous.

We have our club back! Let's enjoy it!

Up the Shrimpers 🦐

We’ve been loss making for a number of years and we will still be loss making for a few more years to come. This is irrespective of how many season tickets are sold or the size of the gate on a Saturday afternoon. What COSU are doing is putting in place a structure to be reducing those losses and getting on an even keel in 5 years (if I recall correctly..?).

I’ve been saying this for a week and everyone has a dig!! We offer rubbish money and players jog us on fact!! So now we are close to signing no one
No, the kid no doubt asked for too much. For his age and lack of experience and injury record, we decided not to pay and use the money to go after a different target. I’m pleased we didn’t get this one “over the line”.

Have we learnt nothing from the last few years? Has everyone forgotten signing loads of injury prone or past it players who mainly didn’t give a **** to get into the Championship under Powell …and look where we ended up.

It would be madness offering someone like Pedder a contract on decent money for his hamstring to pack in after a few games.

I’d rather trust people with good business sense to run the club. Kev will be frustated by lack of squad depth .. we all are .. but let’s look at the bigger picture .. as for Moncur/Tshimanga and the like .. if it ain’t making sense financially it won’t happen. Rightly so.

The posters on here throwing stones at those criticising or showing concern here seem to think that because of the many good things COSU have done mean we’re now unable to express any opinion with a negative.

Would be extremely dull on here if we take every single piece of news with an “oh well” attitude.

I don’t think it’s unfair for fans to question the decision to offer a player with a decent pedigree, who was one of the few bright sparks on the pitch during pre-season, when we’re blatantly short in his position - the same deal as we’ve offered the likes of our unproven youth team players (if the article is to be believed… and that is all we have to go on!)

Can we stop the knocking down of anyone that isn’t writing love poems to Justin Rees?

The playing budget constraints have been known about for a while even though it's only been 3 wee!s since official take over. The consortium have been paying the wages for a while and were very focused on spending.
A few players got good increases in their new contracts and I believe the 3 amigos had a reasonably good deal in the end too.
We've purchased some players from lower down who won't be on much per week, but the budget is what it is and there's no indication of more being made available or being able to utilise monies earmarked for other needs.
All managers want a bit more for some more players and it's perfectly normal for managers to stress their needs to the board to see what can be done.
Will be interesting to see what happens, if anything, or if we stay as we are with maybe the odd temporary loan player.

The posters on here throwing stones at those criticising or showing concern here seem to think that because of the many good things COSU have done mean we’re now unable to express any opinion with a negative.

Would be extremely dull on here if we take every single piece of news with an “oh well” attitude.

I don’t think it’s unfair for fans to question the decision to offer a player with a decent pedigree, who was one of the few bright sparks on the pitch during pre-season, when we’re blatantly short in his position - the same deal as we’ve offered the likes of our unproven youth team players (if the article is to be believed… and that is all we have to go on!)

Can we stop the knocking down of anyone that isn’t writing love poems to Justin Rees?
He hasn't got a decent pedigree though, and bit insulting to suggest Coker and Collin are youth team

Back