• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rio 2016 Olympics

Got up in the middle of the night to watch the 100m, but so glad I was up in time for the 400m. That WR run from Wayde Van Niekirk was one of the most amazing things I've seen on the track - right up there with the likes of Michael Johnson in 1996, Usain Bolt in 2008 and David Rudisha in 2012. Phenomenal.

Pity you should have watched it.
I'm not the biggest Murray fan but always good to beat the Argies, even the constant calling out from the unsporting Argies didn't put Murray off.

The Argentine crowd were rubbish but I like Del Potro, he's got a reputation as one of the nicest tennis players out there and he put everything into that match. After being injured for over 2 years it's nice to see he's still got it in him to compete with the best and I hope he gets a shot at a Grand Slam final next year.

The Argentine crowd were rubbish but I like Del Potro, he's got a reputation as one of the nicest tennis players out there and he put everything into that match. After being injured for over 2 years it's nice to see he's still got it in him to compete with the best and I hope he gets a shot at a Grand Slam final next year.

Indeed. Couldn't half wallop the ball about. No wonder his wrists got ****ed!

Beating Djokovic and Nadal en route to the final is exceptional - actually, I think the stat is that Murray has never achieved that in a tournament before.

Got up in the middle of the night to watch the 100m, but so glad I was up in time for the 400m. That WR run from Wayde Van Niekirk was one of the most amazing things I've seen on the track - right up there with the likes of Michael Johnson in 1996, Usain Bolt in 2008 and David Rudisha in 2012. Phenomenal.

Yeah, the 400m definitely lived up to the hype. Incredible from van Niekirk. The way he pulled away from Merritt and James in the final 50m was awesome.

I'd love to see him take on Bolt.

Not seen it, but she was only a second off the WR?

Yes, and didn't seem to realise as much as she didn't exactly go full pelt for the line.

But she's about as Bahraini as you - from Kenya, but changed allegiance when she was 16. A lot of money tends to be involved in such transfers of allegiance.

Yes, and didn't seem to realise as much as she didn't exactly go full pelt for the line.

But she's about as Bahraini as you - from Kenya, but changed allegiance when she was 16. A lot of money tends to be involved in such transfers of allegiance.

Who Sheik Qitar Jadwal Zamani al-Milton Keynesi?

Drastic™;1886472 said:
Sophie Hitchon takes BRONZE in the Hammer, our first ever medal in the event. :thumbsup:

That was brilliant and definitely not expected!

Well done to Wlodarczyk for the WR too. Fact - she wears the glove of a fellow Pole who won gold in Sydney but died aged just 26 on a team training camp in 2009.

Bahrain buying the women's steeplechase gold there. What a load of horse****.

Just wait until 2022, if indeed the World Cup goes ahead in Qatar. They've been assembling expensive talent academies and ferrying in hoards of young, African footballers to nationalise them just in time.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back