• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rio 2016 Olympics

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this olympics but I have been hooked on the track cycling, diving, rowing and gymnastics. It is blantantly clear that if we want success then we have had to pay for it and for me, the £340 ish million funding is money well spent. Rio has pleasantly surprised me and I'm now looking forward to the paraolympics as well where we will be bring medals home in droves. The funding has been long overdue but long may it continue. It has been superb viewing.

I wasn't particularly looking forward to this olympics but I have been hooked on the track cycling, diving, rowing and gymnastics. It is blantantly clear that if we want success then we have had to pay for it and for me, the £340 ish million funding is money well spent. Rio has pleasantly surprised me and I'm now looking forward to the paraolympics as well where we will be bring medals home in droves. The funding has been long overdue but long may it continue. It has been superb viewing.

Not wishing to **** on your parade, but this makes very depressing reading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/37135083

Not wishing to **** on your parade, but this makes very depressing reading.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/disability-sport/37135083

Well it pee'd a little bit on my parade but I'll forgive you. I think the problem is putting the games on in countries that are not diverse enough in many sports. What I mean is what are Brasil known for outside of football. They just aren't massive on many other sports where somewhere like say Austrailia tor the sake of arguement part take in many more on a national and international stage. Also, there is the haves and have nots issue in Brasil and ticketing prices being beyond the majority.

Poor Micky Conlon, it hasn't been a good last couple of days for him, after the fight, some of the judges were sent home due to some "dubious decisions", just to prove his point....then Ironically his opponent Vladmir Nitkin had to pull out of the semi final due to the mashed up face that Conlon gave him in the bout,... and then just to add further insult to injury, Nitkin is still given a bronze medal without even getting in the ring. :stunned:

What ever you call it.... it certainly isn't "The Luck Of The Irish".

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...r-nikitin-to-pull-out-of-rio-2016-due-to-cuts

Yep that Hockey final was something special, they were slaughtering us in the 3rd period but the ladies hung in there and came back swinging in the 4th. As for the penalties, what a hero Maddie Hinch is! Great Stuff.

Bolt really is the greatest ever! Amazing to watch and the Olympics won't be the same without him.

Drastic™;1888236 said:
Yep that Hockey final was something special, they were slaughtering us in the 3rd period but the ladies hung in there and came back swinging in the 4th. As for the penalties, what a hero Maddie Hinch is! Great Stuff.

Maddie Hinch for Southend?

Tom Daley bottle jobs it again, he should be an England footballer! I'm hoping Jack Laugher gets the credit he deserves, not as good a diver as Daley, but performed brilliantly under pressure when it mattered. Come on Mo! I'm gonna stay up to watch him tonight, hopefully two more golds to come with Joyce tommorow. Team GB :Worthy:.

Well done Mo!

In other news the women's high jump was won by a 37 year old with a jump of 1.97m, Katrina Johnson-Thompson jumped more than that in the heptathlon! With how poor her throwing is she should probably consider switching to high jump, I think she's got a much better chance of medalling there.

Well done Mo!

In other news the women's high jump was won by a 37 year old with a jump of 1.97m, Katrina Johnson-Thompson jumped more than that in the heptathlon! With how poor her throwing is she should probably consider switching to high jump, I think she's got a much better chance of medalling there.

Agreed, surely it's possible to do both events though? :unsure:

Germany are cuffed with 17!!
We have got 27!!
Deutschland Deutschland Über alles...give it a rest...will enjoy going to work tomorrow:happy:

Robbed in the boxing

LOL what?! I thought Joyce edged the third and split the first but Yoka was good value for the win overall. If Joyce had been given the first round then perhaps we would have got a different match. Amateur boxing isn't about 'giving effort' or 'looking good', it's about scoring shots, which Yoka landed and Joyce rarely did.

Conlan was robbed...

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back