• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rio 2016 Olympics

Watching Jessica Ennis doing the high jump . What a difference, from a packed house in London to an empty Stadium in Brazil.

Not many more people in the stadium for the evening session tonight.
London was exceptional and I think the first time in the history of the games that the morning session had all sold out.
They have even moved some medal events to the morning sessions this time around.

One thing is for sure that the crowds will be back for the next Olympics in Tokyo.

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if this has been posted before or everyone knows anyway, but those wanting to see the BBC Red Button coverage in HD, they are showing it on channels 472 through 479.

Max Whitlock has just the gold for the floor section. This is turning into a great games for us brits. A pity that there are those who don't like it. Or is that don't like British success.

Incredible achievement and he has the opertunity to win a 2nd gold in next hour or so. This Olympics has been fantastic to watch, sod the poor crowds I've enjoyed it and look forward to seeing the 100m final at 2am. Mo Farah deserves a mention as well after his tumble that was a great win for him.

Daley gets all the plaudits for doing exactly the same as he did in 2012. I don't understand the hype around him he just hasn't got any better. And as for the synchronised partner that's just a joke.

Team GB are not doing very well a few let downs overall and our medal tally so far is poor. I can see us being lucky to get over 10 golds at this rate.

Gutted for Yafai and Fowler in the boxing thought they were going to get medals. Fowler unfortunately drew the expected gold medal winner in the prelims and got schooled.

Up to 11 now, with six days to go, could be be on course for fifteen.

Jason Kenny wins Gold in the Track Cycling Men's Sprint, his 2nd of the games and 5th overall. And he could get another before the games are over.

:happy:

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back