• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rio 2016 Olympics

Well done Mo!

In other news the women's high jump was won by a 37 year old with a jump of 1.97m, Katrina Johnson-Thompson jumped more than that in the heptathlon! With how poor her throwing is she should probably consider switching to high jump, I think she's got a much better chance of medalling there.

Indeed, Britain's competitor in that high jump was Morgan Lake, who is usually a heptathlete.

LOL what?! I thought Joyce edged the third and split the first but Yoka was good value for the win overall. If Joyce had been given the first round then perhaps we would have got a different match. Amateur boxing isn't about 'giving effort' or 'looking good', it's about scoring shots, which Yoka landed and Joyce rarely did.

Conlan was robbed...

Joyce had him totally rattled in the first, Yoka was on wobbly legs! 2 rounds to 1 easily.

Joyce had him totally rattled in the first, Yoka was on wobbly legs! 2 rounds to 1 easily.

Mike Costello (BBC athletics and boxing correspondent) said on the radio last night words to the effect of "you could make a case for all three rounds going either way, but I wouldn't be making a feverish case for the Joyce win"

Mike Costello (BBC athletics and boxing correspondent) said on the radio last night words to the effect of "you could make a case for all three rounds going either way, but I wouldn't be making a feverish case for the Joyce win"

Yep I think that's on the money.

So, your top three Olympic moments. Can be 'serious' or 'comedy' - your shout. Mine...

1) Adam Peaty breaking the WR in the heats. Looking at the clock and just giving a quick nod as if to say - "Decent, but I'm not done yet"

2) Wayde Van Niekirk smashing the 400m WR

3) Bolt's 100m

Had Jessica Ennis-Hill won gold, that would have been my all-time favourite Olympic moment.

Top 3

1. Mo Farah
2. Kenny and Trott - a sitcom in the making
3. The Brownlee brothers - a sitcom in the making again!

1. Max Whitlock - especially as he knocked Smith off his high horse (pun intended)
2. Mo Farah - Bloke is a legend! Shame he won't win Sports Personality of the year.
3. Usain Bolt - The man is unstoppable and is an honourary Brit.

1. Mo
2. Adam Peaty
3. Ryan Lochte's story falling apart
4. Fu Yuanhui
5. The triple-triple and this face:

CqG1QkiUkAEp5ow.jpg

He didn't look that wobbly to me, he was dancing out of the way of most of Joyce's punches and blocking the rest. Joyce hardly landed a clean shot on him, he seemed to just swing a lot and play the law of averages that some would be on target, every time Yoka punched it looked dangerous and had purpose behind it.

He didn't look that wobbly to me, he was dancing out of the way of most of Joyce's punches and blocking the rest. Joyce hardly landed a clean shot on him, he seemed to just swing a lot and play the law of averages that some would be on target, every time Yoka punched it looked dangerous and had purpose behind it.

I thought Joyce was lucky in the semis - that could have gone either way.

Best moment of the whole games from a British perspective was Nick Skelton on the podium, chin quivering with emotion as the National Anthem played.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back