• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Protest News

Cant believe anyone is questioning these protests, we’ve seen the latest update, it’s down to one greedy heartless ****filled family to make the right decision, which based on history they will not do…we have one week…they need to know if they mess this up that we will not let this go….or let’s all sit quietly and trust Ron will do the right thing!?!

Cant believe anyone is questioning these protests, we’ve seen the latest update, it’s down to one greedy heartless ****filled family to make the right decision, which based on history they will not do…we have one week…they need to know if they mess this up that we will not let this go….or let’s all sit quietly and trust Ron will do the right thing!?!
Remember we are the best fans in the lower leagues … unless you’ve got to travel 3 miles to benfleet

The fact that the council have publicly stated it’s not in the best interests of the deal to protest and that COSU have also reinforced this point.

These are the two closest stakeholders to the deal. Why would they say this if they didn’t think it would have a negative impact on the deal?

I completely get the desire to protest and the need to “do something” but I’m really not seeing why we should ignore the requests here.

The fact that the council have publicly stated it’s not in the best interests of the deal to protest and that COSU have also reinforced this point.

These are the two closest stakeholders to the deal. Why would they say this if they didn’t think it would have a negative impact on the deal?

I completely get the desire to protest and the need to “do something” but I’m really not seeing why we should ignore the requests here.
I guess the fact that they have been timetabled for late in the week at least allows them to be called off if the 🐀 does the right thing in a timely manner.

If we bow down to what our so called leaders told us every time, then we would be pretty ****ed I tell you.

Nothing wrong with both turning the screw on the Rat family, as well as letting them know there are consequences if they continue to play their non stop games.

If you don't want to go then stay at home, pure and simple but without the protests I believe Ron would have carried on with the narrative of "I tried to sell but nobody wanted to buy" cobblers, whilst building on RH, Part of FF and then after the club had died the whole blooming lot because that was definitely his plan, until us plebs put stop to it with various protests and campaigns to stop their skullduggery.

If we bow down to what our so called leaders told us every time, then we would be pretty ****ed I tell you.

Nothing wrong with both turning the screw on the Rat family, as well as letting them know there are consequences if they continue to play their non stop games.

If you don't want to go then stay at home, pure and simple but without the protests I believe Ron would have carried on with the narrative of "I tried to sell but nobody wanted to buy" cobblers, whilst building on RH, Part of FF and then after the club had died the whole blooming lot because that was definitely his plan, until us plebs put stop to it with various protests and campaigns to stop their skullduggery.

This saying springs to mind-
“The only thing necessary for evil to triumph in the world is that good men do nothing.”

I’m not saying Martin is evil but IMO is definitely the antagonist in this particular instance

I personally attended many protests at Ron’s house so I’m certainly not anti them providing they have a positive impact. I just can’t see the merit of this one given the advice from those closest to the deal.

The question was why would the council and COSU be against the protests if they didn’t negatively impact the deal? Why do we know better?

Currently feels like it’s just because that’s what we do.

I personally attended many protests at Ron’s house so I’m certainly not anti them providing they have a positive impact. I just can’t see the merit of this one given the advice from those closest to the deal.

The question was why would the council and COSU be against the protests if they didn’t negatively impact the deal? Why do we know better?

Currently feels like it’s just because that’s what we do.
With all due respect to the council and COSU, they still don't really know the Rat like us fans do which is partly why he's been able to drag it on for as long as he has.

He is the king of snidely deals, lies, and changing the goalposts to line his own pocket and it would have carried on if SCC/COSU hadn't finally put it on him.

I for one do not want to give that bag of **** one inch and if means protesting until the wet signature is on the paper then so be it.

And btw, if that family stat messing around when it comes to paying back the £20M guess what?. I will be one of the ones protesting outside their residence/businesses because that's the only way the likes of him learn.

As the council have stated DD at Fossetts Farm has failed and they want to go back to the 2021 deal but without a stadium at FF but houses at RH ,i ask how does this sit with COSU, are they happy with that do they get any reimbursement from those houses being built there will they own RH not just SUFC , because i find it hard to believe they will continue if all they own is SUFC ,what with the rent they will need to pay each season also who will fork out for the refurbishment of RH , im sure the RAT family wont and doubt very much the council will.

As the council have stated DD at Fossetts Farm has failed and they want to go back to the 2021 deal but without a stadium at FF but houses at RH ,i ask how does this sit with COSU, are they happy with that do they get any reimbursement from those houses being built there will they own RH not just SUFC , because i find it hard to believe they will continue if all they own is SUFC ,what with the rent they will need to pay each season also who will fork out for the refurbishment of RH , im sure the RAT family wont and doubt very much the council will.
From The Shrimpers Trust statement think you will find COSU have been involved in discussions and are well aware of the current situation and also the future. The £20 million will be a structured repayment in stages. I believe the City Council will pay COSU after collecting it from the Developer. Justin did say they wouldn't receive any money until houses are seen on site.

Heard recently that although the protests have allowed us to vent or anger and frustration at Ron’s doorstep it’s also had a detrimental affect. It’s actually allowed Ron to use the protests as a counter motion and basically meant that he has further delayed passing documents and correspondence forward to the council and COSU at various times. I believe he has also blamed JR for some of these protests I’ve attended quite a few at Ron’s but on this occasion I won’t be. Ron has the deadline in black and white. It’s a yes or no simple as that. If it’s a no then We have every right to go all guns blazing at him but if protesting this week puts the deal at risk then it would be ill advised to do. The Trust and COSU have specifically asked for the protest to not take place and they are the people closest to what’s going on so surely they should be listened to. But it’s everyone’s right so if you wish to then so be it.

Last edited:
Heard recently that although the protests have allowed us to vent or anger and frustration at Ron’s doorstep it’s also had a detrimental affect. It’s actually allowed Ron to use the protests as a counter motion and basically meant that he has further delayed passing documents and correspondence forward to the council and COSU at various times. I believe he has also blamed JR for some of these protests I’ve attend quite a few at Ron’s but on this occasion I won’t be. Ron has the deadline in black and white. It’s a yes or no simple as that. If it’s a no then We have every right to go all guns blazing at him but if protesting this week puts the deal at risk then it would be ill advised to do. The Trust and COSU have specifically asked for the protest to not take place and they are the people closest to what’s hoping on so surely they should be listened to. But it’s everyones right so if you wish to then so be it.
well said

Back