• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supporters Group News Protest News

Southend Fan Protest Group
@fan_southend1

If you're looking to us for protests, don't bother. We told you this would happen and only a minute few most committed were willing to apply pressure where neededGood luck looking to @Shrimperstrust to drive protests forward instead of writing some performatively posted letters
Incredibly disrespectful.

I know people who have barely been able to do a minute of their full time jobs this week, trying as hard as they can to work for our club.

As I’ve just written on Twitter. The protests have taken place, in the wrong place. A hill in Benfleet no body cared about Ron just goes down the pub, a post game sit in no body cared about, 8 people going Camden. Well done to everyone who organised and did them, but was not militant enough. For as much as certain fans didn’t like it, the only protests that actually changed anything involved going on the pitch.

Perhaps the group protesters might like to act unilaterally. No communication as to what you’re going to do. Just do it. In the most delightful lawful way of course!

I'd perhaps consider following SCC's position; all bets are now off, the Rodent Clan know exactly what's required of them and it's up to them to deliver. Protest's have contributed in the past but I'd now give 'em the silent treatment and let the bar stewards fester in their own mire, the ball being firmly in their court (read: nest).

Protests will be totally counterproductive when dealing with this particular pond life family.

I know people need to feel as though they are doing something, but when dealing with narcissistic characters, you need to stop giving them wiggle room. This is where the council is at now, finally. COSU have yet to make their next move, which means the heat is firmly on the rat nest.

Protesting at this point is the thing that enables their behaviour, and gives them access to the excuses and situations to continue to hold things up and keep moving the goal posts. That is why fans were asked to suspend protests.

There are times when silence is the most effective weapon when dealing with these people.

Protests will be totally counterproductive when dealing with this particular pond life family.

I know people need to feel as though they are doing something, but when dealing with narcissistic characters, you need to stop giving them wiggle room. This is where the council is at now, finally. COSU have yet to make their next move, which means the heat is firmly on the rat nest.

Protesting at this point is the thing that enables their behaviour, and gives them access to the excuses and situations to continue to hold things up and keep moving the goal posts. That is why fans were asked to suspend protests.

There are times when silence is the most effective weapon when dealing with these people.
Exactly this and I know from your previous posts you unfortunately speak from experience. If you accept the 🐀 is a Narcissist, and you only have to read up on their traits, then simply he his!
Yes people are right when they say he doesn't like criticism but with the Narcissist it's how they use it! For example the following is just one of many traits:-

Narcissists typically crave attention and validation, whether positive or negative, as they have an excessive need for admiration and affirmation. While it may seem counterintuitive, some narcissists may even seek out negative attention if they feel it serves their underlying need for validation and control. Negative attention can still provide them with a sense of power, importance, and superiority over others.

Also:-

Negative attention such as hatred, disbelief, horror, disgust and rage are the narcopaths’ delight! Such a wonderful opportunity to take a simple, pure human response to their devious and malicious behavior and blame shift ALL of it back

Remind you of anyone 🤔

Incredibly disrespectful.

I know people who have barely been able to do a minute of their full time jobs this week, trying as hard as they can to work for our club.
Unfortunately some of the organisers of that group have always been as interested in smugly slagging off other fans on social media as much as anything else. Pretty ironic given their complaints about 'performative letter writing'.

Unfortunately some of the organisers of that group have always been as interested in smugly slagging off other fans on social media as much as anything else. Pretty ironic given their complaints about 'performative letter writing'.
One of the main instigators of the recent protests, despite being asked not to, is one of my local councillors.

Last edited by a moderator:
What has that got to do with anything? The protests have all been completely legal? Or is this a type of political point scoring as the Tories lost that seat🤣
Nope. Just an observation, and the Tories lost it in the last round of elections so your last sentence there has no relevance Aaron.

Back