• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

I believe this particular graphic is just highlighting some of the more "exciting" ties, rather than suggesting they have been picked for live coverage. You'd expect several of these will get picked though. I guess there will be games 1 x Friday Eve, 2 x Saturday, 2 x Sunday, 1 x Monday Eve?
Monday evening would be a proper graveyard slot - would knock about 3k off the gate

I was there too.Nothing wrong with your memory-Gary Moore had a late header which hit the bar when we were 2-1 down as you say.Didn't know we could have played W,Ham in the next round,:Whistling:
Unfortunately, there is a lot of problems with my memory, especially when it comes to match detail. I went to Mansfield by car and remember parking it in town, walking up to a pub and then continuing upwards to the ground. Was in a large covered stand at a level on the left, just above the tunnel where the players came out. Weird that I can remember a strong whiff of the liniment players wore those days but can't remember much about the game........apart from the result.:Sad:

This is what happened last season:

FA Cup first-round live televised games​

Friday, 3 November

Sheppey United v Walsall, 19:45 - live on ITV4 and ITVX.

Saturday, 4 November

Bromley v Blackpool, 17:45 - live on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website and app.

Sunday, 5 November

Chesterfield v Portsmouth, 12.15 - live on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX.

Crewe Alexandra v Derby County, 14:45 - live on ITVX.

Charlton Athletic v Cray Valley Paper Mills, 17.30 - live on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of problems with my memory, especially when it comes to match detail. I went to Mansfield by car and remember parking it in town, walking up to a pub and then continuing upwards to the ground. Was in a large covered stand at a level on the left, just above the tunnel where the players came out. Weird that I can remember a strong whiff of the liniment players wore those days but can't remember much about the game........apart from the result.:Sad:
I was 17 at the time and also went by car,with my aunt driving & Alf Smirk as a fellow passenger.Can't remember much about the game either,apart from the result -apart from the fact that AS spent rather a long time in the boardroom afterwards -presumably enjoying the free booze. :Smile:

Last edited:
This is what happened last season:

FA Cup first-round live televised games​

Friday, 3 November

Sheppey United v Walsall, 19:45 - live on ITV4 and ITVX.

Saturday, 4 November

Bromley v Blackpool, 17:45 - live on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website and app.

Sunday, 5 November

Chesterfield v Portsmouth, 12.15 - live on ITV1, UTV, STV and ITVX.

Crewe Alexandra v Derby County, 14:45 - live on ITVX.

Charlton Athletic v Cray Valley Paper Mills, 17.30 - live on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport website.
Additionally Barnsley v Horsham (ITV 4) was played on Friday night and
Slough v Grimsby and Kidderminster v Fleetwood (both TNT) were played on the Sunday.

Why would ticket prices be heavily reduced - we've drawn a team in league 1 in the FA cup - it's not Harwich in the Essex Senior cup.
Because Charlton will probably play their Football League Trophy Team in this tie. However they have a tie against Chelsea U21s the Tuesday before so it might be a bit of a mix. They didn’t even play their first team in their League Cup tie in August.

Because Charlton will probably play their Football League Trophy Team in this tie. However they have a tie against Chelsea U21s the Tuesday before so it might be a bit of a mix. They didn’t even play their first team in their League Cup tie in August.
I highly doubt that. The fa cup is still a money spinner even for Charlton

surely charlton would see this as a great chance to go through. cant see them playing a reserve team at all.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back