• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

Lat time we played the Addicks it got a bit lively with the Ox getting a bit carried away.

How good it is to see the North Bank full. (Even though it’s all away support). I wonder if we’ll ever fill it with home support when we get it back.
I mean, the noise from generated from when they scored sounds pretty much the same level as the rest of the Hall when we scored.

How on earth does Wimbledon V MK dons not get picked.

Wrexham picked again (Yawn)
dont think there is as much interested as there was for that fixture. theyve played each other quite a few times in recent years so maybe less of interest to people now. As for Wrexham was always going to be selected, it probably shouldnt but they are a massive pull for whatever reasons you wish to believe. Disappointed our game hasnt been chosen. Even Northampton v Kettering is a surprise. local derby but hardly likely to be a giant killing

Romance of the cup is only really established in the early rounds. Yet, Harrogate Vs Wrexham gets picked. That was a league fixture last season. It was always going to be picked but it still grinds my gears nonetheless.

3 out of the top 4 in League 1 plus Huddersfield and the very rare Northamptonshire derby are being televised. They will all play weakened teams.

No romance, just driven by cold hard viewing numbers.
If we might allow the facts to intrude (and I know it’s strictly verboten)

Southend/Charlton combined average gate is over 22k
Northampton/Kettering under 7k….
Harrogate/Wrexham 16k
Tamworth/Huddersfield 19k
Chesham/Lincoln 10k
Sutton/Birmingham 30k

So not viewing numbers one can only assume- maybe two reasons, one the BBC isn’t a commercial station and so don’t care, two the people making these decisions, as is normal, know very little about football.

That said the Birmingham game I get. And Northampton given it’s Kettering. The Tamworth and Chesham games are beyond me…

I feel for Charlton fans- they can’t get enough tickets to watch it live and can’t watch it on the tele either, shame..

If we might allow the facts to intrude (and I know it’s strictly verboten)

Southend/Charlton combined average gate is over 22k
Northampton/Kettering under 7k….
Harrogate/Wrexham 16k
Tamworth/Huddersfield 19k
Chesham/Lincoln 10k
Sutton/Birmingham 30k

So not viewing numbers one can only assume- maybe two reasons, one the BBC isn’t a commercial station and so don’t care, two the people making these decisions, as is normal, know very little about football.

That said the Birmingham game I get. And Northampton given it’s Kettering. The Tamworth and Chesham games are beyond me…

I feel for Charlton fans- they can’t get enough tickets to watch it live and can’t watch it on the tele either, shame..

Read my post above yours …… I don’t know what Curzon Ashton have done to upset the broadcasters though…..

To the neutral, Southend v Charlton is not an enticing fixture. Been a league game on so many occasions over the years

I was in Lowestoft talking to a Norwich fan a few weeks back and he could not believe Southend United was an non -league club

I said the Mighty Shrimpers have not been in the league for 4 seasons now ..lol

The country still see us a League Club , soon as, we get back the the better I say....

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back