• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

The Charlton fans really don't like Bonne do they?

If he can't get motivated for this one, then we really do have a problem.

I was quaking when Grimsby came out at home, so relieved 67 never followed that one.

Good gate and a switch to Friday night would be most excellent.

Would be cracking if it gets moved to the Friday. Will be a lively atmosphere. Get that North Bank open COSU, Charlton will fill it.
Surely getting this done is the major priority now this week! Throw everything at it. Make some money back and have better facilities for the rest of the season and start the process of sustainability.... sorry I mean a major signing spree next summer

Really happy with this draw. Was hoping for a big tie at home and that’s what we’ve got. I’d be amazed if this doesn’t sell out and disappointed. Been a while since we had a proper league side in RH and with a decent away following. I get that it will be tough and some have said they’d rather get a lower league side at home but we’ve lost plenty of those games over the years. We may well lose but at least it will be a good atmosphere whereas if we had someone like Peterborough Sports we’d be lucky to hit 2500 and may still lose. Let’s be happy we made the draw and that we have a localish derby as the reward. Be disappointed also if not televised. NL team with a new owners after a turbulent few years against a L1 big hitter. Surely this is the type of game that should be shown. Mk Dons vs Wimbledon is old news now and been televised many times in recent years so let’s hope that’s not chosen over a game like ours

There are two potential areas to explore within the competition rules.

One is paragraph 191.1, which states the allocation of up to 15% must be in a “fully segregated area”.

The second is paragraph 199, which states The FA’s Professional Game Board may vary the away club’s allocation at its “absolute discretion”.
The above sounds hopeful.
I doubt it will make financial sense to spend money on the north bank just for one game ( unless we win and get another home draw) unless it’s stuff that we would have done anyway, just not yet.

Charlton are there for the taking.

This giant killing thing is silly. They play smaller sides than us weekly.

Wasnt that long ago that Charlton were in the same division.

Let's have a right go and see where it leads.

Tommy mate.....Like all the other 'Big Clubs' that have struggled to get back into the EFL, until we drop this attitude we will be staying in the NL.

That applies on and off the pitch. You can't pass your way out of the NL and if a team gets a bit physical you can't whinge your way out of the NL.

Last edited:
I'm sure as part of the deal and to get lower league clubs to agree to the disposal of replays, increased prize money in the first 3 rounds and more televised games were agreed. How many more, I don't know. If that's true, that could certainly help out cause.

Unfortunately, other posters are right. Wrexham is an even bigger pull for TV producers than most of those classic 'big clubs'. Sad but true. They'll be first pick.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back