• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

The league tables show a playoff league 1 side vs a poor national league side. Had we been near the top id of thought it would had a good chance of being picked for TV.
Normally it's the perfect reason for it to be picked. Especially with the underdog being at home. It's why I'm surprised Northampton Vs Kettering is being mentioned so much, with Northampton being at home. Rarely does the bigger club get picked for TV if they are at home in the earlier rounds. I can't begrudge that getting picked though, with where Kettering are in the pyramid. They deserve to get picked. Harrogate v Wrexham is a filthy tie but one that will undoubtedly get picked.

Dont get the fascination with rushing through the work for the NW corner of the stadium for one game when it wont be needed for at least the rest of this season.
Agreed, an extra 1,000 Charlton fans at say an average £10 a ticket is only on extra £10k, which then has to be split 50/50 with Charlton anyway. Probably not enough incentive for COSU to rush it through.

If the game is going to be televised, maybe we could convince a building firm to do some work and slap an advertising hoarding on it.

I was really hoping for an away trip to Harborough , but the possibility of a full house Friday night lights game! against Charlton sounds very good to me.
Just get the stand sorted please.

Great tie that, I was genuinely excited when they got picked! I'd prefer Sunday afternoon, or even Saturday night if that was a possibility as every other time involves having to organise childcare which is easier said than done!

Hope the brother-in-law comes down, being a Charlton fan 🤭

1728980590343.png

Last 5...

1728980617579.png

Really happy with this draw. Was hoping for a big tie at home and that’s what we’ve got. I’d be amazed if this doesn’t sell out and disappointed. Been a while since we had a proper league side in RH and with a decent away following. I get that it will be tough and some have said they’d rather get a lower league side at home but we’ve lost plenty of those games over the years. We may well lose but at least it will be a good atmosphere whereas if we had someone like Peterborough Sports we’d be lucky to hit 2500 and may still lose. Let’s be happy we made the draw and that we have a localish derby as the reward. Be disappointed also if not televised. NL team with a new owners after a turbulent few years against a L1 big hitter. Surely this is the type of game that should be shown. Mk Dons vs Wimbledon is old news now and been televised many times in recent years so let’s hope that’s not chosen over a game like ours
Hopefully you won't be missing this one Jon, as you have been a bit hit and miss of late attendance wise.

What do we reckon for ticket prices.

£12 for season ticket holders (adult)
£15 for non season ticket holders (adult)

£10 Concession season card holders
£12 Concession non season cards

£8 Kids under 16
£5 under 8s

It's a shame that Charlton will likely get less than 1000 tickets.

What do we reckon for ticket prices.

£12 for season ticket holders (adult)
£15 for non season ticket holders (adult)

£10 Concession season card holders
£12 Concession non season cards

£8 Kids under 16
£5 under 8s

It's a shame that Charlton will likely get less than 1000 tickets.
I think slightly higher than that. £15 & £18 Adults.

It's probably too much red wine but I don't understand what this means. Are these the games selected for showing on TV or will there only be a selection of the selected ties broadcast??? How does this work?
I believe this particular graphic is just highlighting some of the more "exciting" ties, rather than suggesting they have been picked for live coverage. You'd expect several of these will get picked though. I guess there will be games 1 x Friday Eve, 2 x Saturday, 2 x Sunday, 1 x Monday Eve?

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back