• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News F.A Cup 1st Round draw. Southend United vs Charlton Athletic

Tommy mate.....Like all the other 'Big Clubs' that have struggled to get back into the EFL, until we drop this attitude we will be staying in the NL.

That applies on and off the pitch. You can't pass your way out of the NL and if a team gets a bit physical you can't whinge your way out of the NL.
And the same goes for "proper" football clubs!

Proper football and great entertainment. Wish we showed the same passion through the whole team now and had players of the same standard.
Although I still mostly enjoy going, the skill levels of our players in comparison is dire, but it's national league standard and is what it is.
There's a risk of nostalgia clouding the reality here. Those players won 4 games in the second half of the season. There is more passion in the combined little fingers of Cav Miley and Gus Scott-Morriss than in the whole of Tim Dieng.

I seem to remember our fans giving Theo Robinson a hard time when he was here. He scored relatively few goals for Lincoln in a much worse National League before he joined us.

I mean, obviously, League One is a higher standard than the National League but one thing we can't complain about from the current group of players is commitment.

There's a risk of nostalgia clouding the reality here. Those players won 4 games in the second half of the season. There is more passion in the combined little fingers of Cav Miley and Gus Scott-Morriss than in the whole of Tim Dieng.

I seem to remember our fans giving Theo Robinson a hard time when he was here. He scored relatively few goals for Lincoln in a much worse National League before he joined us.

I mean, obviously, League One is a higher standard than the National League but one thing we can't complain about from the current group of players is commitment.
Yep and the wage bill was highest ever at £6.24m compared with total gate money of £2.2m.

I would argue that some of our players show commitment not all

Proper football and great entertainment. Wish we showed the same passion through the whole team now and had players of the same standard.
Although I still mostly enjoy going, the skill levels of our players in comparison is dire, but it's national league standard and is what it is.
Your posts seem a bit less chipper and upbeat about the club in recent times ITK. Something happened at the club?

If one still has doubts about the Charlton tie and regrets that we didn't get drawn against a small club, check out last night's FA Cup replays. Boston, Hartlepool and especially Gateshead must have thought that a First Round match was was fairly assured! At least we won't slip on that kind of banana skin.
Good point Yogi. Those are indeed surprising replay results.

If one still has doubts about the Charlton tie and regrets that we didn't get drawn against a small club, check out last night's FA Cup replays. Boston, Hartlepool and especially Gateshead must have thought that a First Round match was was fairly assured! At least we won't slip on that kind of banana skin.
Goes to prove that getting rid of replays is an absolute shocker of a decision by the authorities.

Do you remember that game in the mid 90s in the now championship where we went to Charlton on a Tuesday night and dicked them 3-0? Boom boom boom let me hear you say Whelan!!!
I remember this one. Whatever happened to goal cam? Seeing Taylor-Moore there brings back great memories also of him as a player, a person, and as a truly dedicated 100% professional. Gave everything for Southend, even though only on loan.

Last edited:
Sod it, not sure I can make the Saturday.

Can't believe they've picked Northampton / Kettering over our game, could have understood if Kettering were at home. And surprise, surprise Wrexham are being shown yet again....

FA Cup first round televised picks​

Friday, 1 November

Tamworth v Huddersfield Town (19:45 GMT) - BBC Two and iPlayer

Saturday, 2 November

Northampton Town v Kettering Town (17:30 GMT) - BBC Two and iPlayer

Sunday, 3 November

Sutton United v Birmingham City (12:30 GMT) - ITV1

Harrogate Town v Wrexham (15:30 GMT) - ITVX

Monday, 4 November

Chesham United v Lincoln City (19:15 GMT) - ITV4

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services