• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

My understanding of the latest situation of the embargo is that we have submitted the required paperwork to the National League, and we believe we have met the required criteria to come out of it.

It’s now down to the National League.

Whether we have met the required criteria, I don’t know, and I don’t know the full ins and out of what the criteria was, however, as I said before, we believe we have met it.

I don’t know how long these things take, or what is involved. I don’t know if this will be resolved (Criteria met, or told we haven’t met it) before the weekend, or even before the deadline. I can imagine, if we haven’t met the criteria, we wouldn’t be told anyways.
Well that cautiously optomistic. I'd imagine if we have met all the criteria, the embargo would be lifted pretty sharply, it certainly was for Scunthorpe...

Well that cautiously optomistic. I'd imagine if we have met all the criteria, the embargo would be lifted pretty sharply, it certainly was for Scunthorpe...
Indeed. Good to hear, however, our reputation is probably slightly more in tatters than Scunny :Sorry:

Hoping beyond hope that this applies to us..............well one can hope

Attachments

• 318564-Dan-Brown-Quote-It-is-always-darkest-before-the-dawn.jpg
    318564-Dan-Brown-Quote-It-is-always-darkest-before-the-dawn.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 25
Reputation counts for nothing in these cases, nor does the likelihood of us being in another embargo in a week/fortnight/month/year etc.

IF we have met the criteria, the embargo will be removed. If we don’t, then it will remain.
Perhaps the NL think might as well leave in place for a couple of extra days as might mean they can save themselves the trouble of removing and re-applying a few days later :Winking:

The old "support the team not the regime" is wearing a bit thin now for me because if we don't hurt this man financially he will just continue with his utter contempt for us fans, only thinking about his own personal gain.

His arrogant silence is beyond me and I for one will not be renewing our season tickets and I am certain we are on the right track.
How can you hurt a man financially if he has no finances to hurt. The bills are getting paid by loans if they get paid at all. Boycotting the team, especially at this stage would be ridiculous!

My understanding of the latest situation of the embargo is that we have submitted the required paperwork to the National League, and we believe we have met the required criteria to come out of it.

Whether we have met the required criteria, I don’t know, and I don’t know the full ins and out of what the criteria was, however, as I said before, we believe we have met it.

I don’t know how long these things take, or what is involved. I don’t know if this will be resolved (Criteria met, or told we haven’t met it) before the weekend, or even before the deadline. I can imagine, if we haven’t met the criteria, we wouldn’t be told anyways.
Hopefully Ron isn't involved, because he's not very good at supplying all the information to people so that they can make an informed opinion. Aren't the council still waiting for more information...which has been the case a number of times?

How can you hurt a man financially if he has no finances to hurt. The bills are getting paid by loans if they get paid at all. Boycotting the team, especially at this stage would be ridiculous!
What's ridiculous is that C%*T laughing at us all turning up week and week out when he is literally taking us for fools, ignoring us all like the King in the peasant village.

The old "support the team not the regime" is wearing a bit thin now for me because if we don't hurt this man financially he will just continue with his utter contempt for us fans, only thinking about his own personal gain.

His arrogant silence is beyond me and I for one will not be renewing our season tickets and I am certain we are on the right track.
This seems to be the opinion of a lot of people I know and understandably everyone has a limit to the amount of disrespect thrown our way year on year.

You have to support your team through the good and the bad but after around 5 years of 'bad' it does drain the life out you.

Whenever a mate asks 'What the hells going on with Southend' I just never want to talk about it. Too depressing and embarrassing.

This seems to be the opinion of a lot of people I know and understandably everyone has a limit to the amount of disrespect thrown our way year on year.

You have to support your team through the good and the bad but after around 5 years of 'bad' it does drain the life out you.

Whenever a mate asks 'What the hells going on with Southend' I just never want to talk about it. Too depressing and embarrassing.
Yep, I feel this way now. I can't go into it all when people ask, because it's a nightmare

Did not Scunthorpe sort theirs out in 3 days ?🥴🥴🥴🥴

Did not Scunthorpe sort theirs out in 3 days ?🥴🥴🥴🥴

With previous embargo’s we have sorted it out pretty much straight away when we have been able to.

When we’ve had previous ones just related to HMRC debts, embargo’s have been removed sharpish.

We’ve had the Lopata situation and hearings crop up as well, which has taken priority. Not 100% sure if anything else is related to the embargo that needs clearing.

Why we still in it? Ron paid
Think Ron paid tax man and some creditors. But many including staff are still awaiting full payment of wages. Think there bonuses were just pie in the sky .
Don’t think Ron’s ‘bridging loan’ pot was deep enough.
Don’t think we are coming out of embargo any time soon.

Back