• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

I did see this, and don’t know how long this has been in play, or whether it comes down to our level, because if it did we wouldn’t have signed anyone for years now.

I don’t know if there is a loophole to that ruling, if it is in effect at our level, I.e. we can sign up to X amount of players, we can have a squad of X amount of players, or we can sign players between X date and X date.

Unfortunately, I don’t know the ins and outs of this embargo. I was led to believe it was due to the HMRC debt, which has been cleared, but that mustn’t be the case.

We had submitted paperwork to the National League to clear our embargo. I’ve no idea if we haven’t submitted the correct application, the right information or whatever. I was told we (the fans) wouldn’t be told if it had been knocked back. We (the fans) will know once the embargo has been lifted, if it is lifted before the transfer deadline for us, we can only hope.
I think I made this point some time ago as there are parallels with the numerous planning applications, where Ron "believes" he has submitted everything that is needed only to be asked to provide more information. This seems to happen time and again with planning, but seems (based on what you've said) that the same is now happening elsewhere.

However, one thing I would say is that we don't actually know if Ron is involved in this as it is quite possible that he isn't. The day to day stuff is TLs job.

I did see this, and don’t know how long this has been in play, or whether it comes down to our level, because if it did we wouldn’t have signed anyone for years now.

I don’t know if there is a loophole to that ruling, if it is in effect at our level, I.e. we can sign up to X amount of players, we can have a squad of X amount of players, or we can sign players between X date and X date.

Unfortunately, I don’t know the ins and outs of this embargo. I was led to believe it was due to the HMRC debt, which has been cleared, but that mustn’t be the case.

We had submitted paperwork to the National League to clear our embargo. I’ve no idea if we haven’t submitted the correct application, the right information or whatever. I was told we (the fans) wouldn’t be told if it had been knocked back. We (the fans) will know once the embargo has been lifted, if it is lifted before the transfer deadline for us, we can only hope.
Whilst the embargo may have been triggered by HMRC’s winding up petition, the club has been falling to pay people left, right and centre the last few months. There will have been dozens of things since that would have a triggered an embargo if we weren’t already under one.

I think I made this point some time ago as there are parallels with the numerous planning applications, where Ron "believes" he has submitted everything that is needed only to be asked to provide more information. This seems to happen time and again with planning, but seems (based on what you've said) that the same is now happening elsewhere.

However, one thing I would say is that we don't actually know if Ron is involved in this as it is quite possible that he isn't. The day to day stuff is TLs job.
I would say RM is very much involved with it, surely it is up to him to file accounts on his web of companies.. Albeit Tom did say some time back the club could not afford it.. So much for this Loan monies to set us straight until building starts. It's RM's name of the accounts not Tom's.

No more players will be coming in this season is what I've heard from within. In any case, I think we're quite far from the play offs now so bringing in more won't change things now sadly. If it had been lifted when we paid HRMC, then we would still have had key games remaining with a couple of additions and had a good chance. However, the embargo remained, we lost Kacper, the other teams all strengthened, we couldn't and we've lost against all our rival play off sides. One man and one man only to thank for that.

Either a new regulation came in, or the EFL has clamped down and become stricter around the issue, but whatever has changed has only changed since we exited the EFL. I do wonder whether we'd struggle to be admitted back in at the moment even if we did win promotion.

With regards to the embargo, it might have been the HMRC debt alone which caused it to be enacted but it has since come to light that we are unbelievably financially uncompliant in so many other ways. Take your pick as to why it's still in place:

• the recent delays to wages and the club not being able to convince the NL that it won't happen again soon;
  • unpaid football debts - I believe we at one stage owed money at least to Altrincham and Concord for Mooney and Kensdale, and possibly to Kettering for Powell;
  • accounts not being submitted
  • late payment of gate receipts from FA Trophy games

I'm sure there are more. Perhaps the NL have just taken a dim overall view of how the club is being run given the combination of the above and other issues, and the embargo staying on is a response to that.

Who knows?

I would say RM is very much involved with it, surely it is up to him to file accounts on his web of companies.. Albeit Tom did say some time back the club could not afford it.. So much for this Loan monies to set us straight until building starts.
Maybe, but:

a) that doesn't change the fact that the club "believe" they have supplied all the information. Therefore they must be of the belief that the accounts aren't part of the problem. If it turns out that they are, then it would be up to Ron to sort it out, but that doesn't mean Ron was involved in submitting the information to the League. The two things are related, but not the same.
b) you're making an assumption that the accounts are part of the problem. They may well be, but we can't be sure as we've been able to sign players (and not be under an embargo) even though our accounts are years out of date.

No more players will be coming in this season is what I've heard from within. In any case, I think we're quite far from the play offs now so bringing in more won't change things now sadly. If it had been lifted when we paid HRMC, then we would still have had key games remaining with a couple of additions and had a good chance. However, the embargo remained, we lost Kacper, the other teams all strengthened, we couldn't and we've lost against all our rival play off sides. One man and one man only to thank for that.
We also cannot extent the players we have current contracts.. Deep joy all around although in some cases that is probably a blessing.

Whilst the embargo may have been triggered by HMRC’s winding up petition, the club has been falling to pay people left, right and centre the last few months. There will have been dozens of things since that would have a triggered an embargo if we weren’t already under one.

To be fair, I don’t know what does and doesn’t trigger an embargo anymore. I know the National League have been pretty hasty to put transfer embargoes on us, when the EFL gave us a little more “wriggle room or room for negotiation”.

What’s plain to see is we cannot carry on like this anymore.

If that's the case, and I've no reason to disbelieve it, then the club now has possibly one final chance to keep Kev, DC and Bentley plus players here.....and it all hinges on June.

It might be too late by then.

Either a new regulation came in, or the EFL has clamped down and become stricter around the issue, but whatever has changed has only changed since we exited the EFL. I do wonder whether we'd struggle to be admitted back in at the moment even if we did win promotion.

With regards to the embargo, it might have been the HMRC debt alone which caused it to be enacted but it has since come to light that we are unbelievably financially uncompliant in so many other ways. Take your pick as to why it's still in place:

• the recent delays to wages and the club not being able to convince the NL that it won't happen again soon;
  • unpaid football debts - I believe we at one stage owed money at least to Altrincham and Concord for Mooney and Kensdale, and possibly to Kettering for Powell;
  • accounts not being submitted
  • late payment of gate receipts from FA Trophy games

I'm sure there are more. Perhaps the NL have just taken a dim overall view of how the club is being run given the combination of the above and other issues, and the embargo staying on is a response to that.

Who knows?

Exactly.

There are so many issues regarding this, and because we aren’t being told anything, we just wildly speculate. Some stuff will be nonsense, some will be right and some will be close, but the only people who do know for 100% certain, are the same people choosing not to tell us.

I don’t think we have to prove issues won’t happen again when it comes to exiting the embargo. I’m certain that has nothing to do with it and if they have to put us under a new embargo 24/48 hours/week/fortnight/month whatever then so be it.

I believe the issues with Kensdale have been resolved, and I’ve heard the same with Mooney. I believe there was never an issue with the Powell transfer.

We’re really not far from the playoffs. If we win our games in hand (Dorking and Oldham, I think, so both eminently winnable) we’re a point off Eastleigh, who lost last night and still have to travel to Chesterfield and Borehamwood.

Most clubs in our position would be thinking it’s time to strengthen.

For what it's worth (not a lot it seems...) Martin Dawn (Leckhampton) Ltd was wound up today by the High Court. As at 31/1/20, it was £3.3m in debt.
I saw that earlier, amazing how a company that has not done anything for years can be loaded with debt then sent to the wall.

Actually it's not when we bring RM into the equation.

Back