• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

I share your concern but do you think Kevs commitment to a 3 year project might mean he is likely to stay and maybe Benno, Would like to see Curry retained but he clearly could be chased , given his epxerience and further success with us?
Will all depend on the off the field issues in the next few months. If there is still a transfer embargo and players and staff still going unpaid then I think they will go to an EFL club.

They, along with us though are probably taking Ron’s word and promises with a pinch of salt, as he’s hardly delivered on any of his promises, but as I say my personal opinion is that we have to get promoted this season to have any real chance of keeping hold of them.

Indeed. And of course we're hardly desperate for players. Perhaps a 'keeper and a striker on loan would be useful, but that's about it.

I suspect the embargo remains due to unpaid wages to staff - if these still haven't been paid this is a huge concern, but I'm not sure they have - plus varying other football-related debt.
Of the top half of the table, 9 have scored more than us. We're 1, so only 3 have scored less than us.

Our top scorer doesn't even appear on the BBC's list of top scorers. I think we could really do with a striker. That's not to say our strikers aren't good enough, they are. They're just not fit long enough to contribute.

Thankfully we have a very good defence that is more than making up for it. But just imagine what we could do if the defence carried on doing what they're doing, and we had a fully fit striker too.

Looks more likely Barnet will extend their lead than we will equalise. Urgent that players come back from innury or we go into the loan market, if we want to maintain our play-off hopes.

Remind me again why it doesn't matter that we still seem to be under an embargo, whilst we line up with no Hyde, Cardwell or Murphy.
We have a squad of 26 pros (3 out on loan) plus scholars and are losing money hand over fist. We need to make do with the players we have, even if that means it’s going to be tough at times, like last night. The answer can’t always be to sign more players.

Spending on massive squads and inflated wages is how we got into this trouble in the first place.

We should be concentrating on getting players off the wage roll and moving onto a more sustainable footing.

The issue is more the number of crocks signed - the likes of Murphy, Hyde, Arnold, Ralph etc have a history of not being able to play regularly.

Now there’s an argument that we could have snapped Scunthorpe’s hand-off for Murphy if we’d been able to replace him but that aside we need to be getting more out of what we’ve got than getting more in.

That’s not to say our financial position isnt hurting us as it is. We should be playing B team games to get players into better shape (Collin, Lomas, Wreh, Fonguck, Benton etc are all short of game time and would have benefited from a run out). Maybe Mooney and some of the other so wouldn’t have been injured had they been eased back via a B team game rather than thrown in the deep end.

This obsession with the embargo needs to stop. Ultimately we still have staff to pay along with other things so until that is all done we should not be signing anyone regardless.
Yer couldn’t agree more I have waited year and year and year to see players as good as blondie in goal and wher and powell up front ! Like you say the embargo is an embarrassing charade

This obsession with the embargo needs to stop. Ultimately we still have staff to pay along with other things so until that is all done we should not be signing anyone regardless.
Don't agree at all most loan players are paid for by their clubs and furthermore all our competitors coaches have the now (for blues)considered luxury of bringing in players to push on or cover crucial positions ie GK our coaches deserve what would normally be available imo

We have a squad of 26 pros (3 out on loan) plus scholars and are losing money hand over fist. We need to make do with the players we have, even if that means it’s going to be tough at times, like last night. The answer can’t always be to sign more players.

Spending on massive squads and inflated wages is how we got into this trouble in the first place.

We should be concentrating on getting players off the wage roll and moving onto a more sustainable footing.

The issue is more the number of crocks signed - the likes of Murphy, Hyde, Arnold, Ralph etc have a history of not being able to play regularly.

Now there’s an argument that we could have snapped Scunthorpe’s hand-off for Murphy if we’d been able to replace him but that aside we need to be getting more out of what we’ve got than getting more in.

That’s not to say our financial position isnt hurting us as it is. We should be playing B team games to get players into better shape (Collin, Lomas, Wreh, Fonguck, Benton etc are all short of game time and would have benefited from a run out). Maybe Mooney and some of the other so wouldn’t have been injured had they been eased back via a B team game rather than thrown in the deep end.
What's wrong with a loan? Dakkers for example?

Especially if the parent club cover the wages. Can see that happening.
From my understanding most loans will either have a % of the wage paid or will require a certain amount of playing time guaranteed. I also doubt teams lower down the pyramid such as Salford would continue paying the wages but get the higher up that there is more chance of salaries being paid by the parent club. Look at the loans we have had from spurs for example in the past from memory we didn’t pay a % of the salary if the loanee played a certain number of minutes. Risk to this is if they are **** you either end up paying them or playing them and that doesn’t benefit us at all. First priority when the embargo does eventually go in renewing contracts.

From my understanding most loans will either have a % of the wage paid or will require a certain amount of playing time guaranteed. I also doubt teams lower down the pyramid such as Salford would continue paying the wages but get the higher up that there is more chance of salaries being paid by the parent club. Look at the loans we have had from spurs for example in the past from memory we didn’t pay a % of the salary if the loanee played a certain number of minutes. Risk to this is if they are **** you either end up paying them or playing them and that doesn’t benefit us at all. First priority when the embargo does eventually go in renewing contracts.
We’d need to pay their expenses, normally a given but…!

Relationships and reputation matters a lot too when it comes to loans, if you burn bridges with other clubs it’s a dangerous place to be.

Even things like the food you lay on after a match etc is important.

Having seen the disdain for those who put money through the turnstiles, and those on the payroll, I doubt that these things have been given a priority. But who knows?

We’d need to pay their expenses, normally a given but…!

Relationships and reputation matters a lot too when it comes to loans, if you burn bridges with other clubs it’s a dangerous place to be.

Even things like the food you lay on after a match etc is important.

Having seen the disdain for those who put money through the turnstiles, and those on the payroll, I doubt that these things have been given a priority. But who knows?
I 100% agree. I get the impression though a lot of our fans don’t think there are all these (potential) additional costs to a loan agreement.

I 100% agree. I get the impression though a lot of our fans don’t think there are all these (potential) additional costs to a loan agreement.
It’s across the board. Seriously, clubs think of things like “who will look after our players, do we have a relationship with them, do we trust them to play, do we trust them to report stats etc, do they have suitable analysts / physios” and a lot more. Players (on loan) think of things like “can I drive there or do I have to move, will I fit in with the team, what are the facilities like”.

For academy loan players, the National League is not a wide shop window - it’s a place to prove themselves to their own team - it doesn’t really matter how big the club is.

(Fun fact, at HTFC Reading used to like to loan us their keepers because they knew they’d get tested in every match 😂)

It’s across the board. Seriously, clubs think of things like “who will look after our players, do we have a relationship with them, do we trust them to play, do we trust them to report stats etc, do they have suitable analysts / physios” and a lot more. Players (on loan) think of things like “can I drive there or do I have to move, will I fit in with the team, what are the facilities like”.

For academy loan players, the National League is not a wide shop window - it’s a place to prove themselves to their own team - it doesn’t really matter how big the club is.

(Fun fact, at HTFC Reading used to like to loan us their keepers because they knew they’d get tested in every match 😂)
Suppose for keepers that makes sense although if they go and ship 4/5 goals every game it could knock their confidence

Could be anything

Could still have money owed to HMRC which has yet to come to light

Could owe clubs money

Could be for non-filling of accounts

Back