• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

HMRC don't care where it come from borrowed or not! They have there money and national league know this so why are we still in an EMBARGO?

Because the embargo isn't just reliant on the HMRC bill being paid, there are bound to be other unpaid creditors that are still owed money and staff that haven't been paid.

HMRC don't care where it come from borrowed or not! They have there money and national league know this so why are we still in an EMBARGO?
An Embargo can be placed upon us for a number of reasons. Not just outstanding tax liabilities.

So that would suggest it wasn't just because of that and other things need to be sorted (paid) before it can be removed.

Perhaps it is close to being sorted now and the NL just need to ratify.

An Embargo can be placed upon us for a number of reasons. Not just outstanding tax liabilities.

So that would suggest it wasn't just because of that and other things need to be sorted (paid) before it can be removed.

Perhaps it is close to being sorted now and the NL just need to ratify.
Hope so

SOUTHEND United boss Kevin Maher will continue to do all he can to get the best out of a squad he cannot strengthen.

The Shrimpers head coach has not been able to make a signing since September.
And Maher will have to carry on with the players he already has at his disposal for Saturday's clash at Wrexham.

“I’ve got to plan with what we’ve got,” said Maher.

“If that changes then great."

“The closer it gets to deadline day the pool we have to look at gets smaller."

“We’ve got players coming back from injuries and we’re working with what we’ve got."

“We’ll do the best we can and there’s a great team spirit in there and great players too."

The National League and Southend United have not responded to the Echo’s request for comment but it is understood talks between them are continuing.

Blues were handed a transfer ban due to the winding up order issued by HMRC which has now been settled.

However, other debts still remain which must be cleared before the Shrimpers are able to add to their squad.

My understanding of the latest situation of the embargo is that we have submitted the required paperwork to the National League, and we believe we have met the required criteria to come out of it.

It’s now down to the National League.

Whether we have met the required criteria, I don’t know, and I don’t know the full ins and out of what the criteria was, however, as I said before, we believe we have met it.

I don’t know how long these things take, or what is involved. I don’t know if this will be resolved (Criteria met, or told we haven’t met it) before the weekend, or even before the deadline. I can imagine, if we haven’t met the criteria, we wouldn’t be told anyways.
I don’t know if people have seen that Huddersfield have today been placed in embargo because of one issue and one issue alone and that is that they failed to submit audited accounts , to the league, in the required time.

It appears that Burnley are also embargoed for the same reason

Companies House records confirm that Huddersfield filed their 20/21 accounts on time and still have nearly a month to file their 21/22 accounts. So no real issues from a statutory point of view

Bearing in mind that the NL requirements on such matters are not far off those in the EFL you wonder if Southends non compliance in this area will bite and bite hard particularly as we know that the 21/22 numbers are a million miles away from being submitted

edit

Heres the EFL regulations

CLUBS’ FINANCIAL RECORDS

16.1 All Clubs shall keep their financial records in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations and The Football Association Rules. The League may arrange for an inspection of all such financial records.

16.2 Each Club shall submit a copy of its Annual Accounts (as defined in Regulation 16.3 below) to The League, but in any event:

16.2.1 by no later than 1 March following the end of the financial year to which those Annual Accounts relate (in the case of a Championship Club); or

16.2.2 by no later than the date on which the Club is required to file its accounts at Companies House (in case of League One and League Two Clubs).

16.3 Each Club shall submit their Annual Accounts (and those of any Group of which it is a member) to the registrar of companies (appointed in accordance with section 1060 of the 2006 Act) in accordance with the time limits prescribed by the 2006 Act.

Last edited:
Would it be reasonable at this stage for the shrimperstrust to officially ask the CEO for complete openness to where we currently are as a club ? Answer the most prominent questions … he’s the CEO you are the supporters trust that represent the masses, I hear you have a very good relationship. I don’t feel it to be disruspectful for him to answer since the HMRC winding up partition was closed. It would be good to understand
Was a saving fund delivered to the club
When are the the famous funding to the club really kicking in
Why are there still staff associates and stake holders still not paid
Why are we still under an embargo
What is the way out strategy for Ron Martin and his group of companies / how far away are we from that point

It’s simply crazy that we are still in complete silence and I’m not sure asking such important questions is neither unfair or unreasonable. My final question would be to @StanCollymore
You previously spoke to us and have us all the smallest glimmer of hope to stick with you the club and there was potentially positives around the corner .. since that point you have disappeared, is the above still the case ? What’s changed ? We just all need a glimmer of something at this mentally difficult time for US ALL

It would be so helpful to many if Tom and Stan could break away for the current shroud strangling us all and give us all transparency… we are with you !

Would it be reasonable at this stage for the shrimperstrust to officially ask the CEO for complete openness to where we currently are as a club ? Answer the most prominent questions … he’s the CEO you are the supporters trust that represent the masses, I hear you have a very good relationship. I don’t feel it to be disruspectful for him to answer since the HMRC winding up partition was closed. It would be good to understand
What is the way out strategy for Ron Martin and his group of companies / how far away are we from that point

It’s simply crazy that we are still in complete silence and I’m not sure asking such important questions is neither unfair or unreasonable. My final question would be to @StanCollymore
You previously spoke to us and have us all the smallest glimmer of hope to stick with you the club and there was potentially positives around the corner .. since that point you have disappeared, is the above still the case ? What’s changed ? We just all need a glimmer of something at this mentally difficult time for US ALL

It would be so helpful to many if Tom and Stan could break away for the current shroud strangling us all and give us all transparency… we are with you !
It seems unlikely

I find it hard to believe that Tom would not have collaborated with Ronnie over the previous statement or indeed , the total lack of current, critical information being provided, Its not rocket science

I wouldnt blame Stan if he had locked himself in a darkened room given all the messages of the bright new era of engagement and communication
The current arrogant and contemptuous way in which we are being treated is an utter disgrace, which should never be forgotten or forgiven

The Supporters Groups, including the Trust, have already been asking these questions for a while now and answers have there been none...

This goes on daily, all we seem to get is Zero response or I will consider it (RM) well apart from. The most important thing is to regain our EFL position, fat chance of that.

That was announced weeks ago once we got the loan in..Money would be available to see us through until the building starts. Surely you believed that!
Ah well they can wait it's not as if they are important to the club. RM has personal priorities
No, but yes but no but ermm we were told all the paperwork was with the NL to solve this at least a week ago. We need Scunthorpe to sort this for us but i would think it is because accounts have not been filed. It's not like we have needed to strengthen the team with loans at any stage. We have been injury free all season.

Until RM has got his pot of Gold we are subservient to his every whim, so stop being so Nosey.

It's all a ****ing joke TBH and one man is destroying us.

Last edited:
I don’t know if people have seen that Huddersfield have today been placed in embargo because of one issue and one issue alone and that is that they failed to submit audited accounts , to the league, in the required time.

It appears that Burnley are also embargoed for the same reason

Companies House records confirm that Huddersfield filed their 20/21 accounts on time and still have nearly a month to file their 21/22 accounts. So no real issues from a statutory point of view

Bearing in mind that the NL requirements on such matters are not far off those in the EFL you wonder if Southends non compliance in this area will bite and bite hard particularly as we know that the 21/22 numbers are a million miles away from being submitted

edit

Heres the EFL regulations

CLUBS’ FINANCIAL RECORDS

16.1 All Clubs shall keep their financial records in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations and The Football Association Rules. The League may arrange for an inspection of all such financial records.

16.2 Each Club shall submit a copy of its Annual Accounts (as defined in Regulation 16.3 below) to The League, but in any event:

16.2.1 by no later than 1 March following the end of the financial year to which those Annual Accounts relate (in the case of a Championship Club); or

16.2.2 by no later than the date on which the Club is required to file its accounts at Companies House (in case of League One and League Two Clubs).

16.3 Each Club shall submit their Annual Accounts (and those of any Group of which it is a member) to the registrar of companies (appointed in accordance with section 1060 of the 2006 Act) in accordance with the time limits prescribed by the 2006 Act.

I did see this, and don’t know how long this has been in play, or whether it comes down to our level, because if it did we wouldn’t have signed anyone for years now.

I don’t know if there is a loophole to that ruling, if it is in effect at our level, I.e. we can sign up to X amount of players, we can have a squad of X amount of players, or we can sign players between X date and X date.

Unfortunately, I don’t know the ins and outs of this embargo. I was led to believe it was due to the HMRC debt, which has been cleared, but that mustn’t be the case.

We had submitted paperwork to the National League to clear our embargo. I’ve no idea if we haven’t submitted the correct application, the right information or whatever. I was told we (the fans) wouldn’t be told if it had been knocked back. We (the fans) will know once the embargo has been lifted, if it is lifted before the transfer deadline for us, we can only hope.

Back