• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo

Ron you total ..... ....... ...... .............. ..... ........... !!
I don't know whether it's just me but I'm though with getting angry at RM? I hope he goes quickly so he can be consigned to history which, in the years to come, almost certainly won't look on him too kindly. Better to look to the future rather than ruminating about what will (hopefully) soon be the past.

I don't know whether it's just me but I'm though with getting angry at RM? I hope he goes quickly so he can be consigned to history which, in the years to come, almost certainly won't look on him too kindly. Better to look to the future rather than ruminating about what will (hopefully) soon be the past.
Im am genuinely pleased you have got passed that stage

I must be too immature as there is not a day where Im not seething with anger over the sheer misery that Ron has inflicted on our club and Community, Being in an embargo all season on top of years of embargoes and HMRS appearances still gets me fuming

People will never forget Rons legacy unless he does bring himself to make a lasting and profound real decent gesture, around the club, stadium, ownership or whatever

Who knows maybe he might even turn out to produce one decent son, sometimes dynasty's work like that, but I wont hold my breath

I must be too immature as there is not a day where Im not seething with anger over the sheer misery that Ron has inflicted on our club and Community, Being in an embargo all season on top of years of embargoes and HMRS appearances still gets me fuming

People will never forget Rons legacy unless he does bring himself to make a lasting and profound real decent gesture, around the club, stadium, ownership or whatever

Who knows maybe he might even turn out to produce one decent son, sometimes dynasty's work like that, but I wont hold my breath
I don't think it's anything to do with immaturity more to do with sanity! I can sense and understand your real anger, it's like it's eating you up. Even more reason then to try and look towards the future rather than crying over spilt milk. Everyone is different and perhaps It's my long detachment from living in Southend which helps me? For me it's as if RM can no longer do us any more harm. We have to live with injuries he has caused us and move on. Easy to say, I know, and the process will be quicker for some than others but it's a step we will all have to take at some time. Not on the same level at all but it's rather like a disasterous signing which we all breathe a sigh of relief when he leaves. We hopefully move on to better things.

I agree and while everyone keeps on about the end of the embargo and all the fabulous strikers we need to sign they seem to have forgotten the obvious fact that signing for SUFC will probably mean periods of no wages and the likelihood of the club being back in court battling HMRC while back under yet another embargo is only a matter of weeks / months away.

Wake up people, why are all these fantastic strikers (if they even exist) going to suddenly want to sign for us with our reputation and embarrassing so called Chairman?

We are in this for the long haul and until that egotistic, arogant person gets his big fat payout and agrees to sell the club I fear this is sadly our lot ☹️

UTB 💙
I agree can’t see these fantastic strikers signing for us, as mentioned on a few occasions we can’t complete on wages that other clubs pay ( ie Bromley). That’s of course is before you even consider our record of late payments, can’t see any agent suggesting us as an option.

I agree can’t see these fantastic strikers signing for us, as mentioned on a few occasions we can’t complete on wages that other clubs pay ( ie Bromley). That’s of course is before you even consider our record of late payments, can’t see any agent suggesting us as an option.
Makes you wonder where all the money goes doesn't it, if we cant compete with Bromley on wages.

he'll warm the bench for a month, sell a few replica GK tops, maybe help the young goalies and that's about it.
And there I was thinking it was us that that paid silly money to old past it players
I suspect he’ll go straight into the first team as their 1st choice goalkeeper is out for the rest of the season. I’m almost certain that they have several keepers on their books, but none that they trust to see them over the line, as champions.

On further reflection, who am I to try and soothe people's anger over the present situation? I cast my mind back to the years around 2016 and remember how totally consumed I was about Brexit. Like you, hardly a moment went by when I wasn't thinking about It. I read every article, listened to every interview, looked at every poll, became emotionally obsessed with It. Indeed, maybe It was that very experience which has made me protect myself from being so effected by the Blues present plight? I'm still here, having adapted to It. There's life after Brexit as they'll be life for the Blues following RM's reign.😁

Makes you wonder where all the money goes doesn't it, if we cant compete with Bromley on wages.
Especially when RM is always banging on about all the money he puts into the club 🤷

Maybe the whole club needs a damn good shake up as most NL teams seem to survive OK with a fraction of our support / income.

I don't know the answers but we shouldn't be in this whole s#!t shambles ☹️

All what money ?
Last accounts I can find state a turnover of £7.4 million. Compare this with £1.7 at Maidstone who have made a profit ten years in a row. Even allowing for a fall in revenues post relegation and covid, there is no reason a well run Southend could not make a small surplus.

Back