• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

Forson out is harsh. He has literally had no opportunities yet
He’s not strong enough to play in the positions he is playing. Loses the ball a lot, doesn’t fight to get it back.

It’s either Forson is ****, or Maher is tactically inept for bringing him on for defensive midfielders. Could be both!

Valiant effort by Blues tonight. We cannot match last seasons performances for some reason. Probably loss of Kensdale, Miley and Cardwell.
We have to keep going, all players put in a shift tonight.
Quality goal by Haughton to win the match.
Last gasp corner saw Gus deflect a Header from Crowther that may have been going in, could not see from my angle.
That would have been 2-2.
We still need 3 quality players to compete at the top end.
Onwards COYB,UTB🙏🤞🤞🙏

I see the manage our expectations thing coming out. I'm all for it. Just one thing nags me about that attitude. It's the last two seasons...where we have finished narrowly outside the play offs with the worst case off pitch scenario in the country...yet last season we got enough points to finish in the play offs.
Now we have a fairly normal off pitch situation and we have regressed.....for many that won't make sense. I fully expect us to be in play off contention minimum...given what's gone before...play offs minimum.
I think we've recruited oddly, yes I know we were behind on that etc but we keep signing unfit players....literally Moncs is blowing out his ***, pepple can't do two games, Bonne way behind...blah blah blah.
We amassed enough points for the play offs last season I expect the same under better off field circumstances.

He’s not strong enough to play in the positions he is playing. Loses the ball a lot, doesn’t fight to get it back.

It’s either Forson is ****, or Maher is tactically inept for bringing him on for defensive midfielders. Could be both!
Well he got rave reviews from daggers fans last year. They were gutted he signed for us. There is a player in there

KAF came on and conceded territory straight away , for the goal I think he should have been the one pressing and trying to break up play seeing as he had the fresher legs but he dropped so deep it let a big hole in the middle of the park
It's early days but so far he looks better driving forwards than he does defensively. I like his energy and would consider giving him a start in place of Husin on Saturday. Just not in the Morton role! With Miley out Morton looks the only player we have who's capable in the defensive midfield. I'm not sure why he keeps being subbed leaving us very vulnerable on the break.

I think the physios have a big job to get us back on track. Get Coker, Miley, Walker and Waldron back, and we’re a completely different team. We’ve had a really unfortunate start to the season
Sorry am I getting muddled up with Danny Waldron and the Waldron you have mention , the one that’s injured looks about as bad a pebble and has had so many chances now and is about as effective as Richard young, now only in injury he’s become the next bright hope .. let me remind you all how **** he is and he was also a panic buy .. the John Steele black book has well and truly ran out of ink me thinks

Struggled to get National League TV for 20 mins and then, sadly, I got a picture and endured 77mins of abject garbage from us. Sooo lacking in drive and it was noticeable how quickly and DIRECTLY Fylde broke into our half to attack. Thank God for the offside rule. GSM goal the only highlight after Bonne's good header on, but bar that...chances came, chances went, mis-controls, poorly paced passes, hit and hope balls etc etc. It all looked very samey. We have the second (by three minutes) highest scorer in the league and were 17th...go figure! Haughton and GSM must be scratching their heads. I know I am.

Sorry to say (I know some people won’t tolerate critiscism of our management) but a back 5 cannot be the only way we set up. It’s actually horrible and lethargic to watch. Given the turmoil over the past few seasons I think our circumstances have suited building from a solid base, that being a back 5. But with new players and wanting to go after teams, I don’t think this is the answer.

I'm fed up reading that it's the clubs inability to recruit suitable replacements for those that departed. There's players who were on that pitch that can't manage a game tactically and see out the game. I know that a point maybe be less than we deserved based on our second half performance and the chances that we had. But man management comes from the management.

What did the players learn from Saturday about the closing stages ?

NOTHING!

Apart from Eastleigh (who were ****) we have probably had 45 minutes of good football all season.

Without serious money being invested in the squad we will be in this league for a long, long time. This was the season to go for it with the bounce of the take over and trying to become sustainable quicker. The inflated crowds etc will start to dwindle soon without performances picking up.

It has been obvious for a while that we have been lacking a real leader on the pitch, we have no real plan b and we have lost 2 key players and, as some have mentioned, I think the kensdale issue is not helping either. We need more bodies in, we need players coming in who have won things and can help carry others through games. Are the players struggling because now there is pressure on them to do well where the takeover has happened?

It’s not good enough at all at the moment.

I'm fed up reading that it's the clubs inability to recruit suitable replacements for those that departed. There's players who were on that pitch that can't manage a game tactically and see out the game. I know that a point maybe be less than we deserved based on our second half performance and the chances that we had. But man management comes from the management.

What did the players learn from Saturday about the closing stages ?

NOTHING!
You tell him boy wonder 2 , it takes 2-3 years to sign someone the whole process can take a decade all in all

I see the manage our expectations thing coming out. I'm all for it. Just one thing nags me about that attitude. It's the last two seasons...where we have finished narrowly outside the play offs with the worst case off pitch scenario in the country...yet last season we got enough points to finish in the play offs.
Now we have a fairly normal off pitch situation and we have regressed.....for many that won't make sense. I fully expect us to be in play off contention minimum...given what's gone before...play offs minimum.
I think we've recruited oddly, yes I know we were behind on that etc but we keep signing unfit players....literally Moncs is blowing out his ***, pepple can't do two games, Bonne way behind...blah blah blah.
We amassed enough points for the play offs last season I expect the same under better off field circumstances.
I’m in the manage our expectations camp. But you do make a very valid and very interesting point.

I guess there’s an argument that embargoes have massively affected Kev’s ability to sign who he wanted, and despite being under embargoes for much of the last couple of seasons, the signings we had made prior to that carried us through. We’ve lost Kensdale, Fonguck and Cardwell this season without having any realistic chance to adequately replace them. That’s a pretty impossible situation to deal with.

Back