• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

There were quite a few times that 4 or 5 of there players came charging forward at pace. Sometimes they could play one ball forward from their goalmouth and they were in our half
We dont seem to have that pace driving forward. So many games of late Ive seen sides just kind of run through us. with ease. Where is the midfield. ? Whats happened to Husin, is he in awe of Moncur. ? He doesnt seem to be dominating games much anymore.

I see the manage our expectations thing coming out. I'm all for it. Just one thing nags me about that attitude. It's the last two seasons...where we have finished narrowly outside the play offs with the worst case off pitch scenario in the country...yet last season we got enough points to finish in the play offs.
Now we have a fairly normal off pitch situation and we have regressed.....for many that won't make sense. I fully expect us to be in play off contention minimum...given what's gone before...play offs minimum.
I think we've recruited oddly, yes I know we were behind on that etc but we keep signing unfit players....literally Moncs is blowing out his ***, pepple can't do two games, Bonne way behind...blah blah blah.
We amassed enough points for the play offs last season I expect the same under better off field circumstances.
I think losing Cardwell, Kensdale and Miley is a big factor. Not being able to get in preferred targets .. Moncur and Bonne have the ability but not the fitness, Bonne especially is way off.

We are 4/5 players shy of a promotion challenging squad if you ask me. We need to sign a striker and a central defender and a younger, fitter version of GM. Plus increase squad depth. In the meantime Kev really should play Bridge on the left, not central. Him as a 10 just doesn’t work. Ralph as LCB and drop Gubbins or Crowther (either/or). Too many mistakes defensively at the moment.

I didn’t watch tonight but it sounds like it was another poor performance. That’s two on the spin so we need to rally on Sat and scrape a result .. somehow.

I’m in the manage our expectations camp. But you do make a very valid and very interesting point.

I guess there’s an argument that embargoes have massively affected Kev’s ability to sign who he wanted, and despite being under embargoes for much of the last couple of seasons, the signings we had made prior to that carried us through. We’ve lost Kensdale, Fonguck and Cardwell this season without having any realistic chance to adequately replace them. That’s a pretty impossible situation to deal with.
Fonguck impossible to replace!!! I'll give you ollie and cards. In fact ollie going is so massive, best player at the club.

why take off Morton the only holding midfielder on the pitch unfortunately Maher is not tactically up for it 3 at the back he’ll never change it the man is to stubborn not good enough but never mind at least we’ve got a club 10 points in 9 games is relegation form maher has got 5 games to turn this around or it will go very sour quickly

Last edited:
Another night and we’d win that 2-1.

Moncur was millimetres away from heading in a cross from Gus in the second half and I think Gus should really have been getting that injury time header in target, although you could tell he was knackered. Bonne I think looks an intelligent player who reads the game well but needs time to settle in.

I think their midfield completely shut us down in the first half and as such we were unable to get much for the strikers to feed on. Came out playing a lot more positively and passing more precisely in the second half which shows what we’re capable of.

As people have been saying, we’ve lost so many crucial players since the start of the season either to injury or have moved on and I think unfortunately that does just mean we have to temper our expectations. Doesn’t make it any less gutting for those who made the journey though. Always nasty to concede in injury time… and we did it twice in one game.

Another night and we’d win that 2-1.

Moncur was millimetres away from heading in a cross from Gus in the second half and I think Gus should really have been getting that injury time header in target, although you could tell he was knackered. Bonne I think looks an intelligent player who reads the game well but needs time to settle in.

I think their midfield completely shut us down in the first half and as such we were unable to get much for the strikers to feed on. Came out playing a lot more positively and passing more precisely in the second half which shows what we’re capable of.

As people have been saying, we’ve lost so many crucial players since the start of the season either to injury or have moved on and I think unfortunately that does just mean we have to temper our expectations. Doesn’t make it any less gutting for those who made the journey though. Always nasty to concede in injury time… and we did it twice in one game.
Time and time again this season our midfield has been flat, I struggle to see what Noor offers us truthfully, Morton only works in a game where the opposition sit in a low block. Missed a real ball carrier this season

Fonguck impossible to replace!!! I'll give you ollie and cards. In fact ollie going is so massive, best player at the club.
Fonguck was marmite, and massively inconsistent. But I think he was hugely underrated by many. When he was on song, he made things happen. Not saying he was impossible to replace, but I don’t think we really had the opportunity to given the embargo. KAF could step into that role, but we haven’t seen enough of him yet.

Back