• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

Disappointed with that performance tonight , apart from a 15 min spell in the second half we just played slow possession based football

Don’t really know what to say however I feel we are playing below our capabilities and on paper our team should be winning and bossing games like this

Where has that high pressing , all action in your face team gone from most of last season

Dire. Awful first half and lost because we committed too many forward and got hit on a counter chasing a game we shouldn’t have been chasing.

Kev’s not an idiot and the players are good enough. Having the spine of the team ripped out and not being able to adequately replace them has been killer. But we simply have to adapt, and quickly. Feels like we’re still trying to play the same system and style without the personnel who previously made it successful.

I think we need to be realistic and reset our expectations for this season. Still being under an embargo for so long when other teams were doing their business has left us in a really poor position. We need to just get through this season and let Kev and co recruit properly in the summer. If we’ve missed out on first, second and third choice targets, I’d rather us sign our first choice targets next summer than our fourth choice targets this summer.

Kev’s been served up multiple **** sandwiches the whole time he’s been in position and even though COSU now have the club, this season has already been massively hampered. The three amigos are still the right people to take this club forward. I think we just need to accept this is a consolidation season.

Tactics 3/10

Defence 6/10

Midfield 4/10

Strikers 0/10

Overall 3/10

NEED pace

NEED a striker

NEED more width

Been poor all season and something needs to change. I don't believe the injured players coming in will add much aside from Walker being an instant upgrade up top.

Maybe getting Bonne fit will be gold dust, but right now ... We look very lost

Same old same old.

The sooner everyone makes peace with this season, the less stressful it will be. We aren’t a promotion chasing side right now. I don’t think we will be realistically until next season. That’s my view anyway. Until then we will have to stomach more ups and downs.

I pray we don’t lose GSM in January. If we do, we better hope Walker and Bonne have started to hit the back of the net…

Pretty much how I see it too. Best we can hope for is a flirt with the playoffs.

We’ll have plenty of performances like we had against Eastleigh, but sadly there will be too many like tonight.

Unfortunately I can't see us challenging and can see there being a real drop off in season tickets next year as the good will and rise in interest drops. We've missed a real chance I fear and I wouldn't be surprised if we're back to 6 - 6.5k next year which will make it harder for the sustainability goals.
We'll be back to those sort of crowds a lot earlier than next year if this carries on!

Same old same old.

The sooner everyone makes peace with this season, the less stressful it will be. We aren’t a promotion chasing side right now. I don’t think we will be realistically until next season. That’s my view anyway. Until then we will have to stomach more ups and downs.

I pray we don’t lose GSM in January. If we do, we better hope Walker and Bonne have started to hit the back of the net…
We have long been promised jam tomorrow. It never comes.

Absolutely dreadful once again. This season so for has been unacceptable. 2 games in a row now he has taken Morton off and we’ve lost the game . We genuinely look clueless, serious questions need to be asked . Forget last season, anyone that defends this season so far can do one
Agreed, we lost our shape badly on Saturday when Morton was subbed for KAF, then we do the same thing today. Surely either Husin, who sounded just as off the pace today as on Saturday, or Moncur, who still isn't fit enough to perform anywhere near his best for the full 90 mins, should have been replaced.

Same old same old.

Why should we make peace with this season - it's an awful league and there are no excuses to at least make the playoffs. We are in a better position, club wise, this season than last, but are somehow playing worse!!!

Back