• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

I think the physios have a big job to get us back on track. Get Coker, Miley, Walker and Waldron back, and we’re a completely different team. We’ve had a really unfortunate start to the season
Would agree. And when you lose Kensdale and Cardwell in the same breath; six down before you get going and none of the quality coming the other way sees you getting beat by AFC Fylde, with respect to them.

We aren’t a promotion chasing side but you’d expect us to beat the likes of Fylde ffs!

I’ll go against the grain and say that result wasn’t as surprising to me as it was to others.

New manager bounce for them, a long away day for us just after a difficult & physical Saturday game, a depleted squad, players still learning each others game/rhythms, players still trying to gain match fitness/sharpness.

It was always a banana skin really.

What did not help our cause, was starting with one up top & our most creative player in his least creative position.

Agreed, we lost our shape badly on Saturday when Morton was subbed for KAF, then we do the same thing today. Surely either Husin, who sounded just as off the pace today as on Saturday, or Moncur, who still isn't fit enough to perform anywhere near his best for the full 90 mins, should have been replaced.
KAF came on and conceded territory straight away , for the goal I think he should have been the one pressing and trying to break up play seeing as he had the fresher legs but he dropped so deep it let a big hole in the middle of the park

A much improved second half showing (it couldn't get much worse!), but ultimately we perhaps paid the price for pushing too many players forward late on leaving ourselves susceptible to the counter attack.
We're still not testing the opposition keeper enough and our attacking play lacks intensity and genuine pace.
I want to see Moncur driving at the opposition back line more as he's capable of unlocking more doors than he's currently doing.
I think it tells a story when a lot of the teams we've played so far (Fylde, Sutton and York to name just 3) look far more threatening than we do when going forward, attacking with pace and more directness.
It's a difficult one, as arguably our two most creative players in Gus and Bridge already occupy the wide areas, and neither are blessed with great pace.

It will be a long journey home for players, management and supporters alike.
Plenty for everyone to ponder.
Hats off to the 100 odd Shrimpers who travelled up. Good noise which could clearly be heard.

The signings we have made may turn out well in their own right . But our best attribute for the last 2 years has been how good our press is yet the signings we have made are moving us further and further away from that and I think that’s where our issue lies

Dire. Awful first half and lost because we committed too many forward and got hit on a counter chasing a game we shouldn’t have been chasing.

Kev’s not an idiot and the players are good enough. Having the spine of the team ripped out and not being able to adequately replace them has been killer. But we simply have to adapt, and quickly. Feels like we’re still trying to play the same system and style without the personnel who previously made it successful.

I think we need to be realistic and reset our expectations for this season. Still being under an embargo for so long when other teams were doing their business has left us in a really poor position. We need to just get through this season and let Kev and co recruit properly in the summer. If we’ve missed out on first, second and third choice targets, I’d rather us sign our first choice targets next summer than our fourth choice targets this summer.

Kev’s been served up multiple **** sandwiches the whole time he’s been in position and even though COSU now have the club, this season has already been massively hampered. The three amigos are still the right people to take this club forward. I think we just need to accept this is a consolidation season.
The bit in bold is spot on for me.

Kevs setup, ethos, formation, style he believes in and is everything he stands for as a manager.
But it isnt working, and we havent got the calibre of players, so where does that leave us..

All this talk about finding the exact right person for us and not just a body has given us:

Gubbins, forsen, bonne, moncur, wind, pepple.

Feels like a bit of a rot around the place at the moment. Kev needs to turn it around and pretty quickly.

His style is tolerable if we are getting 3 points, but we arent.

I guess we are just another non league team now. And that is depressing as ****.

We are in very poor form at the moment, 2 wins in 9 games is really not good enough, but we have been on runs like this before and then turned it around and gone on long undefeated runs. We are still very early in the season, no one has ever won the league in September or October as far as I am aware, so yes it’s not looking good at the moment, but there is a long way to go in the season and many more twist and turns to come. Let’s hope we can go on one of our long undefeated runs starting this weekend.

Back