• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings AFC Fylde 2-1 Southend United

Imagine going first time and breaking down on the train and then the second to concede 90th minute loser, only to find out the coach driver has been nicked.

This is the most southend thing in the history of southend
They deserve to travel back home on the train after that, if it breaks down they can all spend some time to reflect on tonight's game :)

Fonguck was marmite, and massively inconsistent. But I think he was hugely underrated by many. When he was on song, he made things happen. Not saying he was impossible to replace, but I don’t think we really had the opportunity to given the embargo. KAF could step into that role, but we haven’t seen enough of him yet.
This is where i feel for maher a bit, he clearly looked at his squad pre season and felt quite happy but thought places to upgrade were wes and powell, which i think we'd all largely agree with, but due to entering the market late, having cards poached and kensdale doing whatever he's done and the injuries we have a lot of new players who arent fit and i imagine we wouldnt have signed but for the aforementioned circumstances.

This is where i feel for maher a bit, he clearly looked at his squad pre season and felt quite happy but thought places to upgrade were wes and powell, which i think we'd all largely agree with, but due to entering the market late, having cards poached and kensdale doing whatever he's done and the injuries we have a lot of new players who arent fit and i imagine we wouldnt have signed but for the aforementioned circumstances.
Absolutely this. 100%.

Seems like we’re in a very similar position to Oldham struggling in this god forsaken league..

I just hope this game is a wake up to all involved at the club that current tactics are failing us just as they have done including towards the end of last year.. We need to be more aggressive. If we fail to change our ways and adapt the play style of previous champions for this league (Notts, Wrexham, Chesterfield) by focusing our game around pure goals scored instead of clean sheets then I fear we will be here for much longer.. sadly I don’t think tonight’s result paid homage to any play style whether it be clean sheet or trying to score.

Edit: the one thing I forgot to add is that I still fully stand behind Maher and Co despite getting tonight wrong, our performance against Eastleigh shows this team has more than enough potential to challenge for something if it wants to.

Seems like we’re in a very similar position to Oldham struggling in this god forsaken league..

I just hope this game is a wake up to all involved at the club that current tactics are failing us just as they have done including towards the end of last year.. We need to be more aggressive. If we fail to change our ways and adapt the play style of previous champions for this league (Notts, Wrexham, Chesterfield) by focusing our game around pure goals scored instead of clean sheets then I fear we will be here for much longer.. sadly I don’t think tonight’s result paid homage to any play style whether it be clean sheet or trying to score.
Eveyone was hoping Saturday was the wake up call :(

At least my MOM is an easy choice Chris Phillips
You're having a laugh.

I know he can do absolutely no wrong in SZs eyes, so I have to be careful - but classics like revealing "I actually think I might prefer Bridge out wide" like its some absolute massive tactical revelation just had me throwing up in my mouth.

Was a tough 90 mins listening for me.

After Maher I never wanna have an ex player as manager again. It’s hurts too much. It hurt with Powell and hurts right now knowing things ain’t going our way
Powell was toast after Plymouth away, early in the season. Played for a draw when the win was there for the taking.

He got away with poor performances based on Ron and injuries.

What we need is the man management of Maher and the tactics of Sol. The fact that Sol won matches with Elvis, Gard, Rush, Clifford, Egbri, Kinali, Mitchnell Nelson in League 1 is quite an achievement.

I’m in the manage our expectations camp. But you do make a very valid and very interesting point.

I guess there’s an argument that embargoes have massively affected Kev’s ability to sign who he wanted, and despite being under embargoes for much of the last couple of seasons, the signings we had made prior to that carried us through. We’ve lost Kensdale, Fonguck and Cardwell this season without having any realistic chance to adequately replace them. That’s a pretty impossible situation to deal with.
And we have gained Moncur that would fit so easy in to any other team in this League.
He’ll be the next one to get tired of this dire football served up by Maher.
Goalkeeper loses us the game again but no mention of that?

Back