• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

So many fans who want to have all clear to pay into the new club ownership via season tickets, shirts, merch etc to get things going. Just hope we get that opportunity to show good faith to consortium.
If the Martin's get realistic and stop being so greedy, and the deal goes through, there is absolutely no doubt that there will be a massive feel good factor. The fans will take into account we almost lost our beloved club. The Southend fans will rise to the occasion, regarding ticket and merchandise sales, etc. The consortium and the club will be backed. They know that. We all saw the backing for basically a mid table team due to the points deduction. Imagine the backing if we are in the top three, going for the title or promotion. This sinking ship will rise, and will keep rising.

I have to say at the moment I am very impressed with what Cllr Cowan has been able to communicate to us all and the apparent stance he is now making, that combined with the buisness acquim of the members of the Consortium leads me to suspect that at last the rat's may have met their match........which can only be good news for the thousands of Shrimpers who care deeply about OUR club.
The tables may now be turning at long last in our favour but if the Council and the Consortium were to ultimately decide to walk away instead of the two greedy bastards getting their own way then although it hurts me to say so they would have my respect and support (I never thought I would ever say that) but this pain cannot continue and they need to be taught a lesson both from a business and human point of view.
Long live SUFC and stay strong all fellow Shrimpers as one day we may be able to celebrate a new beginning........and how fantastic that feeling would be !

I have to say at the moment I am very impressed with what Cllr Cowan has been able to communicate to us all and the apparent stance he is now making, that combined with the buisness acquim of the members of the Consortium leads me to suspect that at last the rat's may have met their match........which can only be good news for the thousands of Shrimpers who care deeply about OUR club.
The tables may now be turning at long last in our favour but if the Council and the Consortium were to ultimately decide to walk away instead of the two greedy bastards getting their own way then although it hurts me to say so they would have my respect and support (I never thought I would ever say that) but this pain cannot continue and they need to be taught a lesson both from a business and human point of view.
Long live SUFC and stay strong all fellow Shrimpers as one day we may be able to celebrate a new beginning........and how fantastic that feeling would be !
I endorse everything you have said, but in the last sentence I would just like to substitute “one day” with “on August 10th 2024”.

Anyone else struggling to feel anger, sadness, or any real emotion after all this? I just feel so numb to it all. I think Ron has worn me down so much over the years to the point I just feel nothing anymore.
I do know what you mean

There ought to be a way, similar to the situation where HMRC can chase up for taxation on gifts given less than 7 yrs prior to someone’s death, that those facing bankruptcy will have any assets sold or handed over to family members in a similar timeframe grabbed back for distribution to creditors etc.

I like your thinking 🤔
There are reports that the government in waiting (Labour) is looking at this. It will mainly apply to agriculture, I believe. Apparently wealthy people are buying farms to avoid inheritance tax. If you buy a working farm, it will be free of IHT.

There ought to be a way, similar to the situation where HMRC can chase up for taxation on gifts given less than 7 yrs prior to someone’s death, that those facing bankruptcy will have any assets sold or handed over to family members in a similar timeframe grabbed back for distribution to creditors etc.
There is. A trustee in bankruptcy can apply to the court to set aside a transfer of assets that were transferred by way of gift or at an under value . There are time limitations which depend on the solvency or otherwise of the donor at the time of the transfer.

There is. A trustee in bankruptcy can apply to the court to set aside a transfer of assets that were transferred by way of gift or at an under value . There are time limitations which depend on the solvency or otherwise of the donor at the time of the transfer.
I do hope if it comes to it that the relevant creditor(s) take this course of action

Anyone else struggling to feel anger, sadness, or any real emotion after all this? I just feel so numb to it all. I think Ron has worn me down so much over the years to the point I just feel nothing anymore.

Don't let that coiffured old devil wear you down. You can't let him win. Have a smile at these pictures of Ronald..... a man under pressure and pursuing mirages (remember his dream of the lad in the fourth picture investing in the club....? :Facepalm::Facepalm::Facepalm:

RM1.jpgRM2.jpgRM3.jpgRM4.jpg
Photo credit: Chris Phillips

Last edited:
There are reports that the government in waiting (Labour) is looking at this. It will mainly apply to agriculture, I believe. Apparently wealthy people are buying farms to avoid inheritance tax. If you buy a working farm, it will be free of IHT.
Not surprising considering the healthy subsidies paid to some in this field (no pun intended!). Then they get more to change them to solar farms instead of food produce. Then get to pass the proceeds on to next of kin tax efficiently and all legal.
We're probably lucky roots hall hasn't become a very large potato patch!
moving back to the topic...... When (if) the takeover is done. I wonder if it's possible to put a lifetime stadium ban on the Rat family. Possibly also an injunction stopping them being within 5 miles of the ground.

I don’t understand why the WUP won’t be pulled. As things stand they will get nothing, but if they are patient , the debt will be repaid in full.
I personally think they did it to put pressure on all parties to get the takeover done, as I agree, SUFC go under they get nothing (or very little!) I would expect.

f the take over is finaly to be done .the first and most important thing must be to get all the debts clerared .And get this dam embargo lifted ASAP

2 weeks ago I finally gave in and hit the antidepressants. My life over the last 3 years has declined rapidly! I’ve stopped working and this is all Mr Martins fault. Don’t suppose he gives 2 💩 about it though. My only real release in life is watching the blues. Please whomever/whatever please get this sorted. Fan since 1976

2 weeks ago I finally gave in and hit the antidepressants. My life over the last 3 years has declined rapidly! I’ve stopped working and this is all Mr Martins fault. Don’t suppose he gives 2 💩 about it though. My only real release in life is watching the blues. Please whomever/whatever please get this sorted. Fan since 1976
Keep the faith jasrod I'm sure things will be better soon. Been there myself a few years back. Up the Shrimpers

Back