• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Ron is a master at playing the long game. He wears you down. Destroys your moral. If you want to get at Ron don’t just keep the fire burning in your heart for this club - stoke it!
Do not fall into Ron’s trap of giving up. That’s what he wants. He wants us to say oh please, put us out of our misery one way or another. Never say that. Keep the fighting spirit alive big time.

Ron is a master at playing the long game. He wears you down. Destroys your moral. If you want to get at Ron don’t just keep the fire burning in your heart for this club - stoke it!
Do not fall into Ron’s trap of giving up. That’s what he wants. He wants us to say oh please, put us out of our misery one way or another. Never say that. Keep the fighting spirit alive big time.
Brilliant words. Consider it done 👊

And one that gets through DD, audit and planning. People can say what they want about who has moved the most, and who it benefits the most, but ultimately whatever the council officers put together in the end, has to have a decent chance of being viable enough to male it through those above stages.

Finally, somebody gets it!

Doesn't matter. Ron doesn't care if it's unbearable to his family and even if he does, he will not react in a way which is normal or predictable to anyone. It won't force him to do what is right, or what we want him to do, but it will cause him to throw a wobbly, use the protests as an excuse to no-show a meeting because he "fears for his safety", and renege on agreements out of spite towards the people that he feels caused the protest (COSU and SCC).

Would be a different matter if there was any evidence that protests had the desired effect and forced him into doing the right thing, but so far the evidence I have is that they near enough do the opposite at this point in time.

I'd go a step further than narcissist. I think he's actually borderline sociopathic. Completely volatile and unpredictable, and will definitely not respond to pressure in the way that a normal person would.
As you keep saying, we aren’t dealing with someone who’ll react “normally” so why people expect him to do so all of a sudden is beyond me.

It’s probably why he’s never managed to get anything built on this land. He will be 80 before it happens, if it happens.

And one that gets through DD, audit and planning. People can say what they want about who has moved the most, and who it benefits the most, but ultimately whatever the council officers put together in the end, has to have a decent chance of being viable enough to male it through those above stages.

Finally, somebody gets it!

Doesn't matter. Ron doesn't care if it's unbearable to his family and even if he does, he will not react in a way which is normal or predictable to anyone. It won't force him to do what is right, or what we want him to do, but it will cause him to throw a wobbly, use the protests as an excuse to no-show a meeting because he "fears for his safety", and renege on agreements out of spite towards the people that he feels caused the protest (COSU and SCC).

Would be a different matter if there was any evidence that protests had the desired effect and forced him into doing the right thing, but so far the evidence I have is that they near enough do the opposite at this point in time.

I'd go a step further than narcissist. I think he's actually borderline sociopathic. Completely volatile and unpredictable, and will definitely not respond to pressure in the way that a normal person would.
What this does say is that he hates the protesting loads. But we shouldn’t protest now. But perhaps make it clear what would happen if the deal doesn’t go through. He acts like this as WE have something to lose. If we dont then he has nothing to threaten with

I keep reading that he is £45m in debt or whatever.
How has he got to that figure? Even with our fabled £100,000 a month losses you don’t get to that figure
He’s borrowed from everyone he knows or did know. He’s no friends and at this stage I think it’s fair to say has borderline personality disorder. This is the same bloke who turned up to court with no legal defence but himself. He’s owes thousands to all kinds of people and is selling them a share of his cake when he gets it in whatever form it comes (FF with no stadium). I’ve heard numerous cases of managers and staff that have not been fully compensated still.

I am taking a back seat from it all.
No stress or worry, just wait and see what happens.
Feel Cowan has done a good job against what can only be said are very dirty opposition.

If we go then 🐀 knows what to expect.

Where he shops, eats out, everywhere he goes no where will be safe. Numerous people already hate him. He is thick skinned, but he isn't bullet proof.

I am taking a back seat from it all.
No stress or worry, just wait and see what happens.
Feel Cowan has done a good job against what can only be said are very dirty opposition.

If we go then 🐀 knows what to expect.

Where he shops, eats out, everywhere he goes no where will be safe. Numerous people already hate him. He is thick skinned, but he isn't bullet proof.
We say all this but why are we waiting for after he has killed the club? Surely he should get a taster now of what happens if he does decide to kill the club?

By Chris Phillips@cjphillips1982 Chief sports reporter.

THE consortium headed up by Justin Rees will be taking their time to digest developments before deciding their next move in trying to buy Southend United.

Southend City Council leader Daniel Cowan released a statement on Friday evening revealing talks with Citizen Housing over the revised plans for the Fossetts Farm project have been approved to move forward.
However, terms have only been partially met meaning further work will be needed next week before being ready for new due diligence.

The deal must be agreed before the consortium can officially take charge of the club but the group of businessmen have also made clear what else must happen.
In a statement issued earlier this month, the consortium insisted they also require more security from Shrimpers chairman Ron Martin and an acceptable time estimation for the remaining due diligence.

The consortium exchanged contracts with Martin for the sale of the club just before Christmas but are still officially waiting to take control.
The group are understood to be considering their next move and a statement is likely in the next couple of days.
To add to the uncertainty, Blues are back in the High Court on Wednesday due to a winding up petition issued by Stewarts Law and PG Site Services which totals around £500,000.
The winding up petition has also seen the Shrimpers placed in a transfer embargo.

We say all this but why are we waiting for after he has killed the club? Surely he should get a taster now of what happens if he does decide to kill the club?

COSU don't want you to.

Unlike most they have put up money to save SUFC and not made endless posts expecting others to do something. If it will do more harm than good at this stage then people need to listen.

Im sure COSU will all be speaking this weekend and coming up with the right plan and statement by Monday

I doubt we will hear anything until Monday with the different members being across the world
Surely it will require Mon maybe into Tues for HoT to be completed and hence conditions 1 and 2 to be met. Can’t see COSU confirming anything until those conditions are in place and then it’s a question of where they are on security…maybe we will get a holding statement earlier on Monday but it’s probably going to be Tues evening before we have a clear decision & confirmation re the WUP? Might be earlier but I would be prepared for this sort of timeline…I guess question is will COSU be happy with the verbal agreement or want to HofT agreed?

COSU don't want you to.

Unlike most they have put up money to save SUFC and not made endless posts expecting others to do something. If it will do more harm than good at this stage then people need to listen.

Im sure COSU will all be speaking this weekend and coming up with the right plan and statement by Monday
Hope so but let’s not get on their case if it runs to the wire for them to be happy their conditions are met and for us to get a definitive statement

COSU need to make a definitive decision by Tuesday really. As custodians and currently paying the day to day expenses of the club, all eyes are on them to see if they will satisfy the WUP and pay this months salaries. The 🐀 of course is loving this situation and IMO is the reason he verbally agreed to a deal yesterday, it lets him kick the can past the crucial court date on Wednesday

Wouldn't surprise me if we continue as are for a month or so - assuming judge adjourns. COSU pay June's wages but not the WUP and we remain under embargo.

As I'm sure people have guessed by my posts I have no inside info. I'm not saying above will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

From others post I have some hope that Ron has put up security - if he has then I think that might be the game changer that gives COSU comfort in going all in and paying off the WUP etc.

They'd be my main 2 scenarios right now.

Back