• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Hope so but let’s not get on their case if it runs to the wire for them to be happy their conditions are met and for us to get a definitive statement

Yes I don't expect a final statement or loan of action by Monday. As you mentioned in your previous post it will take longer and us fans need to remember the Ron factor that COSU are dealing with.

We should be showing them more support rather than "I've had enough" or "rather see the club fold and start a phoenix now" type posts.

Seems some on here would quit in the last mile of a marathon. Pain is temporary.....SUFC is for life.

Wouldn't surprise me if we continue as are for a month or so - assuming judge adjourns. COSU pay June's wages but not the WUP and we remain under embargo.

As I'm sure people have guessed by my posts I have no inside info. I'm not saying above will happen, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

From others post I have some hope that Ron has put up security - if he has then I think that might be the game changer that gives COSU comfort in going all in and paying off the WUP etc.

They'd be my main 2 scenarios right now.
I think the only way they pay off this one is if the have assurances from other creditor's they won't start getting jumpy for there money

Yes I don't expect a final statement or loan of action by Monday. As you mentioned in your previous post it will take longer and us fans need to remember the Ron factor that COSU are dealing with.

We should be showing them more support rather than "I've had enough" or "rather see the club fold and start a phoenix now" type posts.

Seems some on here would quit in the last mile of a marathon. Pain is temporary.....SUFC is for life.
Are you having some sort of out of body experience Riggers?

Agreed. I don’t think people really feel that way riggers I think that’s mainly frustration coming out. Everyone who says it will be glued to SZ on Monday to find out where we are.

But - hats off to the consortium for continuing to find a way despite having to deal with a prat of the highest order

m sure COSU will all be speaking this weekend and coming up with the right plan and statement by Monday
Presumably they already have. Tribal Chief is the ITK closest to the consortium I believe and he has already stated they won’t be walking away.
They are taking an incredible risk based on still only a verbal agreement IMO, certainly bigger cahooners than I have

Given that Cllr Cowan has again stated that if COSU steps away so do they and considering he has previously commented on his regular contact with Justin it could be speculated that prior to Fridays long and drawn our negotiations that he may have been fortified by knowledge that there had been some level of agreement over the security that COSU were looking for from the 🐀 otherwise a lot of wasted effort for nothing.

Today is the deadline date for paying the PAYE etc deducted from last month's wages to HMRC.

Agreed. I don’t think people really feel that way riggers I think that’s mainly frustration coming out. Everyone who says it will be glued to SZ on Monday to find out where we are.

But - hats off to the consortium for continuing to find a way despite having to deal with a prat of the highest order

Bit harsh on @Tribal Chief

While there is still a hope of keeping my beloved football club alive I will remain positive and retain faith in COSU and hope the 🤡 (he isn't a rat as domestic rats are very friendly and loving and that greedy, egotistic idiot definitely isn't) finally does something positive and let's us move forward🤞🙏

UTB 💙

I think your analogy with running a marathon is not that appropriate. I think it is more akin with a Chinese water torture.

Presumably they already have. Tribal Chief is the ITK closest to the consortium I believe and he has already stated they won’t be walking away.
They are taking an incredible risk based on still only a verbal agreement IMO, certainly bigger cahooners than I have
The Consortium is made up of a mixture of people with broadly the same aims but they’ll have different pocket sizes and risk tolerances. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if some of them are having second thoughts as they become more stretched. Hopefully those with deeper pockets and calmer nerves can persuade them to stay the course. It’s probably wrong to talk of them as a singular voice and those with sources inside probably only talk for their source rather than their group as a whole.

Now would be a really convenient time for someone sharing their goals to join them to but that seems like a long shot.

In the meantime we’ve never been closer to getting rid of the rat. The trouble is every time something is agreed at a high level he finds a way of wriggling out when it comes to the details. He’ll need to be pinned down at each stage. This is possible but will no doubt be time consuming. The prize for each party at then end though is worth the effort.

I’m assuming that as we know Ron has moved all his assets away from himself so that if he goes under the family will keep everything I assume that COSU will try and tie any legal agreement to Citizen Housing rather than the club?
There ought to be a way, similar to the situation where HMRC can chase up for taxation on gifts given less than 7 yrs prior to someone’s death, that those facing bankruptcy will have any assets sold or handed over to family members in a similar timeframe grabbed back for distribution to creditors etc.

There ought to be a way, similar to the situation where HMRC can chase up for taxation on gifts given less than 7 yrs prior to someone’s death, that those facing bankruptcy will have any assets sold or handed over to family members in a similar timeframe grabbed back for distribution to creditors etc.

I like your thinking 🤔

Given that Cllr Cowan has again stated that if COSU steps away so do they and considering he has previously commented on his regular contact with Justin it could be speculated that prior to Fridays long and drawn our negotiations that he may have been fortified by knowledge that there had been some level of agreement over the security that COSU were looking for from the 🐀 otherwise a lot of wasted effort for nothing.
Or you could look at it that he again Sid that today so is he doubtful they (COSU) have the guarantees they need? I personally think not and think all is ok as tribal chief has stated, but as always do not want to get my hopes up too much as they have been shattered before

Back