• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend High Street a few days ago. About 10 onto 1 apparently, with the guy on the floor helpless. That's brave of them. I think the older guy in the grey shirt was trying to stop them. Thankfully, no serious injuries. It's very noticeable that the High Street is much rougher nowadays, and a lot more edgy as you walk along it, especially around teatime.
18514282.jpg

Southend High Street a few days ago. About 10 onto 1 apparently, with the guy on the floor helpless. That's brave of them. I think the older guy in the grey shirt was trying to stop them. Thankfully, no serious injuries. It's very noticeable that the High Street is much rougher nowadays, and a lot more edgy as you walk along it, especially around teatime.
18514282.jpg
Back in our day ( although many people haven't a clue about the culture back then ), there were morals and codes which were adhered to.
The main one being if someone went down, he was left alone. Today they seem to act like a pack of feral animals, how brave is that,.

Back in our day ( although many people haven't a clue about the culture back then ), there were morals and codes which were adhered to.
The main one being if someone went down, he was left alone. Today they seem to act like a pack of feral animals, how brave is that,.
Absolutely T. Of course there was a lot of fighting back in our day when we were youths, probably more fighting than today, as there was no internet, no over a hundred TV channels and other modern entertainments. and no CCTV. So there was more youths out on the streets and at youth clubs etc. There was fighting on the busses even, as different areas and schools were at each other, and we all travelled by bus. But if someone went down, their fight was over, like you say. None of this kicking them when they are down, and especially not stamping on their head like a lot seem to do nowadays. And, I never saw 10 onto 1, or anything like it.

Rayleigh Market cancelled today by the Council, due to very strong 'wind gusts' predicted??. I went there to stock up from the Lowestoft fish van, & just a slight breeze in the air!.
Apparently they were concerned of the traders Gazebos blowing across the road, causing injuries & mayhem!. Never heard of this happening before, has anyone?.
Obviously in named storms blitzing the country it would be common sense, but today???.

• Angry
Reactions: ESG
Rayleigh Market cancelled today by the Council, due to very strong 'wind gusts' predicted??. I went there to stock up from the Lowestoft fish van, & just a slight breeze in the air!.
Apparently they were concerned of the traders Gazebos blowing across the road, causing injuries & mayhem!. Never heard of this happening before, has anyone?.
Obviously in named storms blitzing the country it would be common sense, but today???.

Without getting political just about sums up Rayleigh town council these days.

The weather was fine with a bit of a John Cleese but seriously not enough to warrant cancelling.

My mate is one of the traders and obviously lost income. Also for some older folk with no social media etc who thought the weather was no problem and probably make there weekly trip only to find nothing there.

Health and safety gone to another stupid level.

Last edited:
I take the dogs for a walk every evening at Canvey Wick.

Tonight there was a gathering of Essex Wildlife Trust in the car park waiting to go on a guided walk.

One chap was standing on a stained area of gravel and one of my dogs ****ed on his boots.

I was mortified but everyone else apart from the chap in question thought it was hilarious

A mean Facebook post is commenting about someone’s choice of bridesmaids dresses.

Those that were jailed went well beyond that.
A now convicted nonce gets a suspended 6 months prison term and hurty words on social media (whilst diabolical comments) or just standing filming a protest get you sent to prison for nearly 2 years. I'm sorry but that is just pathetic.

Back