• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cardwell's transfer
Kensdale doing whatever he's done (allegedly)
Avanti West Coast Trains for being crap.
Being taken to Lidls and Hobby Craft this morning.
No Southend game to watch this afternoon.

The list is endless.
I feel your pain

Ruby Bhogal on Celebrities Weakest Link tonight. 'Ruby, what County are the cities of Southend, Chelmsford and Colchester in?' Ruby's answer? Lancashire FFS.

That said, if they were we wouldn't have had all that travel kerfuffle in the pre-match thread would we?

Ruby Bhogal on Celebrities Weakest Link tonight. 'Ruby, what County are the cities of Southend, Chelmsford and Colchester in?' Ruby's answer? Lancashire FFS.

That said, if they were we wouldn't have had all that travel kerfuffle in the pre-match thread would we?

🤔

O2 changing their Priorty reward for Greggs. Gone is a free drink each week with another at the weekend. Instead it's one a month for which I can purchase for £1

Got to be staged because it's so crap but I recognised the scenery.

Must admit if some did that to my car I'm not sure I'd ask them politely to "please get off my car"

Got to be staged because it's so crap but I recognised the scenery.

Must admit if some did that to my car I'm not sure I'd ask them politely to "please get off my car"
Staged rubbish yes. But car insurance fraud is out of hand. A few years back my mate was driving in a quiet road in Southend late at night, a car pulled out suddenly, no lights, and they crashed. No witnesses, no dash cams, no CCTV. Other guy broken English, they swapped details. Both cars just driver only. Other guy admitted it was his fault. When the claims went through, the other driver had added his wife and teenage sons to the car. They all had whiplash. The driver had whiplash and back pain, for which he was being treated. The family all had a Doctors evidence. The Doctor had a almost identical surname apart from one letter. The whole family gave a witness statement almost identical blaming my mates driving. The other car had about £600 of body damage, but now miraculously had a lot more damage and was written off. My mate made the mistake of not taking photo's, because the other guy said to meet him in the morning and they will both take photo's in the light. He believed him and mistakenly trusted the guy as he had already admitted it was his fault and was very apologetic. The other guy did not turn up. To make it even worse, the other driver came up with a witness that he said was walking past that night and saw my mate driving crazy like a drunk driver with no lights and swerving over the road. My mate's insurance company were scammed out of many Thousands, mainly due to injuries and treatment, and replacing the other drivers car. It was his word against a family and a false witness.
My mate's advice now is everyone should have a dashcam, and take photo's at the time, no matter what the other driver says. Then all the normal stuff, and call the police if anyone is injured.

Staged rubbish yes. But car insurance fraud is out of hand. A few years back my mate was driving in a quiet road in Southend late at night, a car pulled out suddenly, no lights, and they crashed. No witnesses, no dash cams, no CCTV. Other guy broken English, they swapped details. Both cars just driver only. Other guy admitted it was his fault. When the claims went through, the other driver had added his wife and teenage sons to the car. They all had whiplash. The driver had whiplash and back pain, for which he was being treated. The family all had a Doctors evidence. The Doctor had a almost identical surname apart from one letter. The whole family gave a witness statement almost identical blaming my mates driving. The other car had about £600 of body damage, but now miraculously had a lot more damage and was written off. My mate made the mistake of not taking photo's, because the other guy said to meet him in the morning and they will both take photo's in the light. He believed him and mistakenly trusted the guy as he had already admitted it was his fault and was very apologetic. The other guy did not turn up. To make it even worse, the other driver came up with a witness that he said was walking past that night and saw my mate driving crazy like a drunk driver with no lights and swerving over the road. My mate's insurance company were scammed out of many Thousands, mainly due to injuries and treatment, and replacing the other drivers car. It was his word against a family and a false witness.
My mate's advice now is everyone should have a dashcam, and take photo's at the time, no matter what the other driver says. Then all the normal stuff, and call the police if anyone is injured.
Since i've been driving (23 years) i've always carried around a disposable camera in my car in the early years (when phones were just a phone rather than something people stared at all day like nowadays) Disposable camera has now gone but if I were to have an accident (touch wood) i'd be taking pictures of everything.

Had a crash which wasn't my fault. I got the camera and took some pictures direction of travel etc and got them developed. Sent them off and insurance company was very welcoming of them. The other driver had claimed that I had come round a junction and smashed into their car, when actually i was travelling along the road and he pulled out in front of me. Clearly hasn't seen me taking the pictures and thought he'd chance his arm in blaming me.

Pictures I took with his car pulled out into my lane and my car not turned into the road he had claimed meant that the insurance claim went against him. Insurance must have reported him as I got a call from the police who wanted a statement from me and copies of the pictures. Cost me a fortune in developing costs

I had one a couple of years ago. I got out of bed and saw what looked like a car accident on the cross junction at the end of our road (we're 3 houses from the junction). When I looked closer I saw that one of the cars involved was a friend of mine.

By the looks of the finishing positions of the cars it looked like a mini-van had passed our house to turn right at the junction and had hit my friend who was approaching the junction on the road the van was trying to join, and also in the same direction.

A bit later I rang my friend's wife and asked if he was OK to be told that I was right that he had been involved in an accident, but that he was OK.

During the day I ran the scenario over in my head and realised that the van hadn't stopped at the junction, which caused the accident. He obviously didn't see my friend approaching the junction. I then took that one further and guessed that the van driver would say he stopped and looked and that my friend must have been speeding. So, I thought I'd look on our CCTV. We have a camera that monitors the driveway, but crucially is positioned facing the junction. It took a bit of finding (not least because the camera is looking at the driveway, not the junction and only the top right corner of the screen had anything of the junction), but I found the footage of the van passing our house at speed, ignoring the give way markings, and not slowing for the junction at all before pulling out whilst my friend passed the junction.

Needless to say, I gave him the footage. When I next spoke to him is said that the footage was key as the guy did indeed say he stopped at the junction (as I guessed he would). When his insurance company saw the footage they agreed it was their driver's fault and paid out in full.

Back