• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I take great exception to train carriages and war memorials being defaced.
Totally agree, on both fronts. Without being aware of the stuff you were referring to, I attempted to highlight the good stuff in Southend.

It's so much easier to destroy & deface (or graffiti) rather than create or nurture. I travel quite extensively and you do not see the youth do this in Sri Lanka for example.
I was surprised to see Copenhagen rated in the top three of beautiful cities absolutely ruined by graffiti. Some graffiti is superb when done by proper graffiti artists. But 99% of it is horrendous, and really brings an area down. I have to hold my hands up though, I did like seeing Southend United and SUFC, and Billy Best Is King, in blue spray on walls and train stations at away matches.

I get priority heads up from the Cliffs Pavilion as and when, and I forgot to book tickets for Alison Moyet next year before they go on general sale tomorrow. Just logged in to find there are no seats left. All cried out, or what??

I get priority heads up from the Cliffs Pavilion as and when, and I forgot to book tickets for Alison Moyet next year before they go on general sale tomorrow. Just logged in to find there are no seats left. All cried out, or what??
All sold out?

The apparent lack of bees and bumble bees in the garden this year. Normally our bottle brush bush is bee central command and we many other bee friendly plants as well, but they have been very noticeable by their absence this year.

The apparent lack of bees and bumble bees in the garden this year. Normally our bottle brush bush is bee central command and we many other bee friendly plants as well, but they have been very noticeable by their absence this year.
Yes. Butterflies, ladybirds (bit early for them) are absent friends too.
And we have just driven to and from Dorset/SoS and the windscreen is barely marked with fly splat; where just 5 years ago it would have fairly covered.
Things are far from healthy.

And we have just driven to and from Dorset/SoS and the windscreen is barely marked with fly splat; where just 5 years ago it would have fairly covered.

Also, when was the last time anyone saw a moth?

And folks are covering their gardens with plastic "grass".

Bloke went into a doctor's surgery and said 'Doctor, I think I'm a moth'. The Doctor said 'why have you come to me, you need a psychiatrist?', the man said 'I was passing and saw your light on.......'.

Norm McDonald did this joke v well

Back