• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lol. I knew you would pipe up. I just gave a true story as relayed to me by a mate who spent 2 weeks in France, and 2 days in Paris. He made the most of Paris as it was good weather and him and his wife had a lot to see and do. So they did 2 full days going all over the best of Paris. He was actually warning me as he knew my daughter is going to Paris soon. I am passing on the warning. I was hoping just for once, some on here would take it for what it is, a fair and truthful warning. That's all.
And with this post, that is the end of the current debate on Paris in this thread, thanks all.

Mrs RHB is a regular knitter and went to buy a pattern from Hobby Craft. The one she chose was not available as a PDF download, so the next check was to see if it was available in store, it wasn't. So, buy a hard copy for £4 and Click and Collect from the store tomorrow was £2. Delivery to RHB Manor was £4.65, FFS.

The price of this year's England football shirt - £84.95!:Stunned:. There was a bit on BBC Breakfast where they reckon that fakes are costing the manufacturers £2,9 billion a year and a fake can be bought for £13.95p. You have to feel sorry for the likes of Nike and Addias (not).

The price of this year's England football shirt - £84.95!:Stunned:. There was a bit on BBC Breakfast where they reckon that fakes are costing the manufacturers £2,9 billion a year and a fake can be bought for £13.95p. You have to feel sorry for the likes of Nike and Addias (not).
Bit much for what is basically a plain white shirt with a blue stripe up the sides and a 3 lions crest (not forgetting the abstract england flag) Sadly people will lap it up and even stretch to the £125 version which is ludicrous for a shirt. Probably costs £5 maybe £10 tops to make in Thailand.

I'd go so far to say that the England kit for the last 5 or so years has been appalling. Do many other countries have far better kits. Even Germany has a nice one.

Poor old Nike.

A massive proportion of people wearing the current - and retro - England shirts will have come from the Chinese app (we all know which one, so I won’t mention it) this summer & I can’t blame anyone for going down that route. The quality is virtually identical, the pricing is sensible & only a true kit nonce would notice the minuscule differences.

The average football shirt is around £50 these days, which is still a bit steep IMO. On the England store website, they are Charging £60 (stadium) & £120 (match) for the KIDS kit.

Not sure there will be many parents wanting to put their kids into a £60 or £120 shirt, just to get it caked up… and if you are, you’re probably too rich for this conversation.

The fakes are so good these days though, I would never consider buying a real one at that price! Only one I would, obviously, is Southend, as I want the money to go back into the club.

At my son's team (U8) there isn't a real kit between them 🤪

Poor old Nike.

A massive proportion of people wearing the current - and retro - England shirts will have come from the Chinese app (we all know which one, so I won’t mention it) this summer & I can’t blame anyone for going down that route. The quality is virtually identical, the pricing is sensible & only a true kit nonce would notice the minuscule differences.

The average football shirt is around £50 these days, which is still a bit steep IMO. On the England store website, they are Charging £60 (stadium) & £120 (match) for the KIDS kit.

Not sure there will be many parents wanting to put their kids into a £60 or £120 shirt, just to get it caked up… and if you are, you’re probably too rich for this conversation.
I saw them being sold at romford market tge other day for 25 quid! Look legit! 😃😃😄😁

Reactions: GBJ
ccleaner Pro. I use it to keep the laptop tidy, and they emailed me to say they had been hacked and my password compromised. Not too bad so far, but they also gave me 6 months free use of Avast Breach Guard because of the breach. I've used the same pw for years (stupid sod, I know), and having run breach guard, it told me just how many sites had the same p/w, and there were sheds full. I've just finished changing every one, a balls aching task.

ccleaner Pro. I use it to keep the laptop tidy, and they emailed me to say they had been hacked and my password compromised. Not too bad so far, but they also gave me 6 months free use of Avast Breach Guard because of the breach. I've used the same pw for years (stupid sod, I know), and having run breach guard, it told me just how many sites had the same p/w, and there were sheds full. I've just finished changing every one, a balls aching task.
You might want to try AVG:Works for me and it's free.

Not me, but Mrs RHB. She had just loaded up the rotary airer with freshly washed bedding, and a Wood Pidgeon parked its arse on the centre pole and proceeded to unload the undercarriage. He scored a bullseye on the sheets and her reaction bordered on murderous towards her little fat feathered friend, coupled with language normally reserved only for Boreham Wood at Roots Hall.

Some pi$$ed up kids have pulled plants & flowers out of the recently planted out baskets and tubs near the town hall where I live & just thrown them against walls and in peoples gardens.😡

I just don’t get why some people love to spoil and deface the area in which they live. It’s totally beyond me.

Not me, but Mrs RHB. She had just loaded up the rotary airer with freshly washed bedding, and a Wood Pidgeon parked its arse on the centre pole and proceeded to unload the undercarriage. He scored a bullseye on the sheets and her reaction bordered on murderous towards her little fat feathered friend, coupled with language normally reserved only for Boreham Wood at Roots Hall.
A nice pan-fried pigeon breast is a lovely thing. Organic, free range and sustainable.

Just saying.

A nice pan-fried pigeon breast is a lovely thing. Organic, free range and sustainable.

Just saying.
Shouldn’t this be in the “What are you having for lunch ?” thread 😛😁?

Used to work with a guy who lived in Canewdon & snared wood pigeons then cooked & brought them into work the next day to share & have with fresh crusty bread, wonderfully delicious 🤤

Back