• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

In Brisbane for a few days, went to the pub (not a flash pub) for a Guinness, $18 (£9) for a pint. I always thought Perth was expensive where I was paying $11 a pint. Bloody daylight robbery.

In Brisbane for a few days, went to the pub (not a flash pub) for a Guinness, $18 (£9) for a pint. I always thought Perth was expensive where I was paying $11 a pint. Bloody daylight robbery.
Y do u pay £9-37 for a pint of Guinness ,don’t buy it !🤨
When I was in hospital about 63 years ago I worked in a pub for xtra money ,the landlady said I’ll bring u a pint of Guinness in ,I drank it and vowed never to drink it again ,I’m pleased to say I have kept my vow !😇

New passports arrived and ferries booked for our holiday in France but the wife wont let me grab a late booking for tonight so we can go 6 weeks early. First family holiday in almost 10 years and really can't wait that long. I'm more excited than the kids.
May the sun be with you and the family, and let the wine run like a river.🍷🥐🌞

New passports arrived and ferries booked for our holiday in France but the wife wont let me grab a late booking for tonight so we can go 6 weeks early. First family holiday in almost 10 years and really can't wait that long. I'm more excited than the kids.
Are you going to Paris?
Just a warning for anyone going. My mate just came back from 2 weeks in France. Most little towns and villages he said were quite safe. He never saw one bad thing happen. Paris he said, was not safe. Lots of migrant looking gangs of pickpockets and muggers, and also smaller gangs hanging around ATM machines. He witnessed two muggings in broad daylight, one woman had her handbag snatched, and one man had his man bag ripped from him. Another member of the gang tripped the victim up as he went to chase the robber. Also an American sounding guy chasing a man and shouting, ''Stop pickpocket thief''.

Last edited:
Are you going to Paris?
Just a warning for anyone going. My mate just came back from 2 weeks in France. Most little towns and villages he said were quite safe. He never saw one bad thing happen. Paris he said, was not safe. Lots of migrant looking gangs of pickpockets and muggers, and also smaller gangs hanging around ATM machines. He witnessed two muggings in broad daylight, one woman had her handbag snatched, and one man had his man bag ripped from him. Another member of the gang tripped the victim up as he went to chase the robber. Also an American sounding guy chasing a man and shouting, ''Stop pickpocket thief''.
No, well away from there, we are heading for a small town not too far from Brest.

Are you going to Paris?

Paris is absolutely safe if you keep your wits about you but like London or any major city. Don’t act like a naive tourist, don’t take cash out of a machine and don’t think everyone wants to be your friend

The state of the grass verges . No mow May my backside. No spend money stopping the place look like a s… hole more like,
Also to do with a complete arsehole driving into two of the Council's gardening staff when they were mowing verges. 3 mowers were severely damaged and two drivers are still off on sick leave recovering from their injuries. The Council have now recruited more staff and grass cutting has commenced again.

Are you going to Paris?
This reads like a parody.

Paris is absolutely safe if you keep your wits about you but like London or any major city. Don’t act like a naive tourist, don’t take cash out of a machine and don’t think everyone wants to be your friend
Safer than Southend High street these days

This reads like a parody.
Predictable tropes about 'migrant looking gangs' etc. Reality is like most European capitals Paris is an ethnically and culturally diverse city thank goodness, but that of course winds up certain sections of society.

Predictable tropes about 'migrant looking gangs' etc. Reality is like most European capitals Paris is an ethnically and culturally diverse city thank goodness, but that of course winds up certain sections of society.
Lol. I knew you would pipe up. I just gave a true story as relayed to me by a mate who spent 2 weeks in France, and 2 days in Paris. He made the most of Paris as it was good weather and him and his wife had a lot to see and do. So they did 2 full days going all over the best of Paris. He was actually warning me as he knew my daughter is going to Paris soon. I am passing on the warning. I was hoping just for once, some on here would take it for what it is, a fair and truthful warning. That's all.

Back