• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EUFA, who have shown many times their dislike of England(Probably stems from English fan trouble), have threatened to ban Jude Bellingham for the next game, or even the rest of the tournament, after he made a rude hand gesture after scoring. They suggest it was aimed at Slovakia. It clearly wasn't. He said it's an inhouse joke between him and a few close friends, and I believe him. Now Cristiano Ronaldo did the same gesture once, and he was not banned, but fined 20,000 Euros. So a fine and a warning is fair. A ban will be an absolute disgrace.
Of all the crap that England's black players have to put up with throughout most of Europe.

Joss Naylor has passed away. If you haven't heard of him, search the Internet. The guy is probably the best athlete this country has ever produced. The guy was incredible and even though he was 88 I can't help feel he's been cheated out of a few years.

Well, yesterday really but speaking of tennis, which we weren't, I caught the last couple of games of the Raducanu match. However, I found myself victim of some kind of David Beckham love-in; pretty much after each shot (slight exaggeration there but hey.....) the camera cut to the unshaven one to see his reaction. Huh ? And sometimes, it was even in slow-motion.... wtf !? Dunno if the cameraman or director has the hots for the fella but ffs..... Prefer to watch the game not the freeloaders sitting in the nice seats.....

Joss Naylor has passed away. If you haven't heard of him, search the Internet. The guy is probably the best athlete this country has ever produced. The guy was incredible and even though he was 88 I can't help feel he's been cheated out of a few years.
Some of those fell Runners are fantastic world class athletes.
I ran a few 20 mile fell races around the Cheviots 20 years ago and they were, imo, tougher, higher standard, races than any marathon.

Some of those fell Runners are fantastic world class athletes.
I ran a few 20 mile fell races around the Cheviots 20 years ago and they were, imo, tougher, higher standard, races than any marathon.
A few years back a friend of mine and I were climbing Skiddaw in the Lake District. When we got about 1/3 of the way down a fell runner passed us on his way up. By the time we got 2/3 of the way down he overtook us. As we carried on down we watched him complete his run, get in his car and drive off. We were still on the way down. I reckon he was in his early 60s as well.

Incredible.

Postal vote still not arrived. Council say an emergency proxy isn’t possible because I knew I wouldn’t be able to attend a polling station before the proxy vote deadline. So no vote for me.

Postal vote still not arrived. Council say an emergency proxy isn’t possible because I knew I wouldn’t be able to attend a polling station before the proxy vote deadline. So no vote for me.
If your postal vote arrives tomorrow or Thursday I think you can hand it in at a polling station - sure it said something like that on mine

If your postal vote arrives tomorrow or Thursday I think you can hand it in at a polling station - sure it said something like that on mine
Yeah what Cricko said, I’m overseas in Spain. If it had come today we were willing to pay the €100 for an express courier to airmail it over and have it there in time, but still no sign.

Council say they sent it on June 13th, not their responsibility if it doesn’t arrive, and nothing more can be done.

Only option they offered was to fly back and vote in person, but that would mean having to get the time off work at 24/48 hours notice to then spend £800 on return flights at such short notice.

Trouble is he lives in Spain,
My postal vote form only turned up today, two weeks after I requested it, so unless I send a fortune on a courier company I am disenfranchised. Post between UK and Europe is hopelessly slow now. I am sure there will be thousands of UK citizens living abroad who will be in the same situation.

My postal vote form only turned up today, two weeks after I requested it, so unless I send a fortune on a courier company I am disenfranchised. Post between UK and Europe is hopelessly slow now. I am sure there will be thousands of UK citizens living abroad who will be in the same situation.
That's why a proxy vote would have been better .

Yeah what Cricko said, I’m overseas in Spain. If it had come today we were willing to pay the €100 for an express courier to airmail it over and have it there in time, but still no sign.

Council say they sent it on June 13th, not their responsibility if it doesn’t arrive, and nothing more can be done.

Only option they offered was to fly back and vote in person, but that would mean having to get the time off work at 24/48 hours notice to then spend £800 on return flights at such short notice.
Gotcha - seems lots of issues with postal votes this time round - I heard on the local news a whole batch of residents in Chelmsford borough council who vote in Maldon constituency were not sent postal votes due to 'human' error.

You'd think there'd be some kind of online voting by now.

That's why a proxy vote would have been better .
Yes, I should have opted for that on reflection..
All of my relatives in the area were also planning to be away on that date unfortunately, otherwise I would've done the same. Only today discovered that you could do a proxy postal vote and then they could've done it that way.

All of my relatives in the area were also planning to be away on that date unfortunately, otherwise I would've done the same. Only today discovered that you could do a proxy postal vote and then they could've done it that way.
Fortunately I 've got a good mate living in SW who agreed to cast my vote (although he doen't share my political views.Now I?m just hoping that 20% swing is uniform and will ne enough. :Smile:

Back