• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ouch, if you started it even more ouch but if you didn't and realised then you will just be skinned for a bit. How did you manage that? Just a lapse in concentration?
A lack of concentration I suppose, but I have had petrol motors for the last 12 years so that's m excuse. I only got this one last week - 520 miles on it. Bugger.

I've always wondered why you don't get square nozzles and round nozzles for each? I was paranoid when I moved from a petrol car to a diesel car (apparently diesel nozzles are larger than petrol ones so it's difficult/impossible to fill a petrol car with diesel).

Great idea but you would need to get all car makers and pump makers on board, which should be ok but you wouldn't be able to fill up your current car unless you had the fuel filler changed. However, I suppose someone could come up with a cheap plastic mass produced adaptor which would do the trick. Dragons den anyone?

I've always wondered why you don't get square nozzles and round nozzles for each? I was paranoid when I moved from a petrol car to a diesel car (apparently diesel nozzles are larger than petrol ones so it's difficult/impossible to fill a petrol car with diesel).

Totally agree would be a great idea. Cannot see the petrol stations wanting to fork out to pay because of other people's mistakes though. Also car places and people like AA, Green flag, RAC make a fortune off it as it's done so often.

Fairly self explanatory, wasn't it? Assuming that a man who has a lot of money has no right to feel depressed is ignorant to the extreme.

But he has his wife and kids who love him and £850 million! I'm sorry but really!! If his wife and kids had packed up and moved out but he had £850 million and that wouldn't get them back I would understand but he didn't. He has the money to give his kids the best possible future something that I would love to be able to do. But me earning **** all working my nuts off and deploying all over the world cannot afford to give my kids as much I would love to. Oh yes but I suppose that makes me ignorant!

But he has his wife and kids who love him and £850 million! I'm sorry but really!! If his wife and kids had packed up and moved out but he had £850 million and that wouldn't get them back I would understand but he didn't. He has the money to give his kids the best possible future something that I would love to be able to do. But me earning **** all working my nuts off and deploying all over the world cannot afford to give my kids as much I would love to. Oh yes but I suppose that makes me ignorant!

Some people need a purpose in life though, an ambition, a goal, something to aim for, a reason to get up each day. If he felt he didn't have those, he would undoubtedly become frustrated. Don't forget he went from being someone that people wanted to emulate, wanted every spare piece of time he had, a man in demand, to all of a sudden nothing. It's like a boxer retiring. Yeah he's got a great bank balance, but he hasn't got that buzz, people cheering his name, that desire, that something to aim for.

Depression isn't limited to single people. Plenty of people in happy relationships fall into the trap of depression. Not having a purpose is enough to drive people into a deep well of depression, you feel utterly useless. The knowledge that your life could be just a case of nothing. No reason to get up, nowhere to go, no dependency on you (this is different to family dependency).

I'm sure if you asked the 121million people worldwide currently suffering from depression whether a large wad of cash would sort them out, most of them would say the answer no, and those that jump at the opportunity of financial security, would undoubtedly find the problems resurfacing as well.

Depression is an indiscriminate illness.

Some people need a purpose in life though, an ambition, a goal, something to aim for, a reason to get up each day. If he felt he didn't have those, he would undoubtedly become frustrated. Don't forget he went from being someone that people wanted to emulate, wanted every spare piece of time he had, a man in demand, to all of a sudden nothing. It's like a boxer retiring. Yeah he's got a great bank balance, but he hasn't got that buzz, people cheering his name, that desire, that something to aim for.

Depression isn't limited to single people. Plenty of people in happy relationships fall into the trap of depression. Not having a purpose is enough to drive people into a deep well of depression, you feel utterly useless. The knowledge that your life could be just a case of nothing. No reason to get up, nowhere to go, no dependency on you (this is different to family dependency).

I'm sure if you asked the 121million people worldwide currently suffering from depression whether a large wad of cash would sort them out, most of them would say the answer no, and those that jump at the opportunity of financial security, would undoubtedly find the problems resurfacing as well.

Some very fair points. If he wants a hobby or a challenge buy Southend United and invest some of that money to make us a champions league team. Did you watch this programme? It's me assuming that he isn't depressed, yes it's bad of me not to consider it but it was just the way he came across. Driving around in his E type Jag, banging on about this amazing pub he built in his house etc... He didn't seem depressed...

Depression is an indiscriminate illness.

.... All that could be to cover up the underlying problem that he is depressed the car, the splashing of cash. Did anyone see the programme it was just the way he worded it that ****ed me off.

Absolutely.

How about instead or boosting your post count write something constructive,

Kind Regards
Lord Ricey

Hook line and sinker.

That doesn't look very constructive to me.

Regarding depression being indiscriminate...

I spent 1 year at work helping a local NHS mental health trust. Rather than just be some academic in an ivory tower I got a desk there so I could really get a handle on things (fortunately mental health issues aren't something I've experienced personally or with my friends and family). I shadowed practioners, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists and MH nurses. I went out into the community and I spent time in MH wards and inpatient facilities. I analysed 1,000s of patients data to try and make sense of how to better prevent and treat MH conditions and complications.

What is clear is that depression is an indiscriminate condition - there were people from all walks of life who had sadly been completely gutted by the condition. You looked into their eyes and they looked straight through you. It was clear that the meds they'd been given had sapped them of any ability to feel emotion. They didn't care when relatives had flown in from abroad to see them, and so I guess that if they had a few bob sat in a bank then they wouldn't care about that either.

Anyway, if TL,DR - Depression is indiscriminate.

Also, try reading this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Too-Short-Tragedy-Robert/dp/0224091662
Robert Enke was a millionaire international goalie, husband and father, who suffered from severe depression and when at the top of his game stepped out in front of a train.

Read the book and then come back and post on this thread.

That doesn't look very constructive to me.

Regarding depression being indiscriminate...

I spent 1 year at work helping a local NHS mental health trust. Rather than just be some academic in an ivory tower I got a desk there so I could really get a handle on things (fortunately mental health issues aren't something I've experienced personally or with my friends and family). I shadowed practioners, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists and MH nurses. I went out into the community and I spent time in MH wards and inpatient facilities. I analysed 1,000s of patients data to try and make sense of how to better prevent and treat MH conditions and complications.

What is clear is that depression is an indiscriminate condition - there were people from all walks of life who had sadly been completely gutted by the condition. You looked into their eyes and they looked straight through you. It was clear that the meds they'd been given had sapped them of any ability to feel emotion. They didn't care when relatives had flown in from abroad to see them, and so I guess that if they had a few bob sat in a bank then they wouldn't care about that either.

Anyway, if TL,DR - Depression is indiscriminate.

Also, try reading this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Too-Short-Tragedy-Robert/dp/0224091662
Robert Enke was a millionaire international goalie, husband and father, who suffered from severe depression and when at the top of his game stepped out in front of a train.

Read the book and then come back and post on this thread.

That's better, why didn't you post that in the first place then we wouldn't have to of got the handbags out.

I need some books to take with me to the Falklands in May so that will be on my list.

That's better, why didn't you post that in the first place then we wouldn't have to of got the handbags out.

I need some books to take with me to the Falklands in May so that will be on my list.

Because I was busy at work.

It's an excellent book.

Listening to the Wittertainment podcast on a monday (as I generally always do) and that numbnuts Mayo gives away the end of Gravity which I haven't seen yet. :angry:

Back