• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The effin trains again. I get to the station for the 8.21 and it doesn't appear. I then look on my phone at the live update to see that it has been delayed by 10 minutes. Then an announcement tells us that is is delayed by "...11 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."

Then we're told "...13 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."
Then were told "...15 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."
Then we're told "...17 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."
Then we're told "...19 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."

In the end, at about 21 minutes a different train, that was also supposed to be delayed turned up.

Now, what I would be interested to know is:
a) Why couldn't they carry out the safety checks before the train was due to depart?
b) What kind of safety checks are carried out on a train that is delayed, but still moving, in 2 minute increments?

*******s!

I doubt it was - probably the Engineer's assessment of how long the broken widget needed to be replaced before they had to give up and go to B&Q for a new widget and send a replacement train.

I doubt it was - probably the Engineer's assessment of how long the broken widget needed to be replaced before they had to give up and go to B&Q for a new widget and send a replacement train.

It wasn't a replacement train, the one that turned up was the one that should have arrived after the delayed one.

No pre buy tickets for Morecombe; and £21 for a ticket for Scunny. That is a whole £2 english (Welsh & N. Irish) pounds more than pre day game prices for The Hall. I think our tickets for away fans are a bargain, and Scunny is poor too with daft stewards.

I want to create a simple scatter plot and fu'ing Excel is proving impossible something I could have done with graph paper and a pen. :angry:

Russia playing the big bully against a Country too toothless and terrified to fight back. Also, Putin openly lying to the World by saying that Russians were under threat, and that they are not Russian troops invading the Crimea.

Russia playing the big bully against a Country too toothless and terrified to fight back. Also, Putin openly lying to the World by saying that Russians were under threat, and that they are not Russian troops invading the Crimea.

Russian military spending out numbers them vastly it would be suicide

The effin trains yet again. Last night I got to the train station in time for the 17.23 to see that it had been delayed until 17.45. Fair enough, that happens once in a while, and I can still get the 17.37.

However, in the mean time about four fast trains go through. Then the station announcer tells everyone that the next train on our platform will be the 17.37. This carries on until about 17.41 when another fast train pulls in (on time)! No word of an apology for false information. Then after the 17.41 fast train leaves he continues to tell us that the next train on the platform will be the 17.37, and that it is 10 minutes away. However, the 17.45 slow train then turns up on time. Again, no word of an apology for false information!

Where do they get these people from? Until the 17.37 was late we were told it was on time. Even when it was late we were assured it was the next train, even when two trains pulled in ahead of it, and I wasn't around long enough to know what time the 17.23 actually did turn up!

Idiots.

FAT HAIRY BIKERS

Annoyingly, their recipes aren't bad (especially their healthy fake-aways and stuff)... however they are ****ing idiots and their shows are terrible.

FAT HAIRY BIKERS

Annoyingly, their recipes aren't bad (especially their healthy fake-aways and stuff)... however they are ****ing idiots and their shows are terrible.

Hahaha we love it - it's ridiculous but easy to watch and at times vaguely amusing. :winking:

Why when you unsubscribe from a spammy email do they sometimes say. "Thanks, however it may take 14 days to update our system". It's a ****ing computer, it doesn't take that long to update your system! Jeezzz

Why when you unsubscribe from a spammy email do they sometimes say. "Thanks, however it may take 14 days to update our system". It's a ****ing computer, it doesn't take that long to update your system! Jeezzz

Apparantly you've just highlighted that you read them, hence spammy emails won't stop. The best way is just to ignore them - I get loads a day.

Filling my car up with Unleaded when it runs a lot better with Diesel

Ouch, if you started it even more ouch but if you didn't and realised then you will just be skinned for a bit. How did you manage that? Just a lapse in concentration?

I know of plenty who've filled up NR diesel vans with petrol out of habit!

I've always wondered why you don't get square nozzles and round nozzles for each? I was paranoid when I moved from a petrol car to a diesel car (apparently diesel nozzles are larger than petrol ones so it's difficult/impossible to fill a petrol car with diesel).

Back