• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Big word for a 24-year-old to use I know.

One wonders how many of those people didn't shift due to having music in their ears. I'm guilty of it as much as anyone, but at least I'm considerate enough to turn it down in stores and take out a headphone when I'm talking to someone at the check-out.

Big word for a 24-year-old to use I know.

One wonders how many of those people didn't shift due to having music in their ears. I'm guilty of it as much as anyone, but at least I'm considerate enough to turn it down in stores and take out a headphone when I'm talking to someone at the check-out.

None of them. My bete-noir is people crowding around the train doors to get on when I get off. I've had to force my way through at times. The other one today was two ignorant morons in the office who were just having a chat. DINGBATS!

Ah! One of the few things I will NOT be missing about London life now I'm back in the sticks. Especially as I was around Twickenham, which from this point in the year until about May-June-ish, is pretty much Hell on rails at the stations.

Not had the joy of taking MK Jnr to the cinema yet. Not sure I want to now :stunned:

Nor me, because I fear my two will end up being the little *******s everyone moans about. And as they are happy enough watching Shrek at home for the umpteenth time, I'm happy to leave it at that.

We take ours quite regularly, and also take them to the theatre (they're 5 and 4 on Wednesday). They're usually so spell bound they don't actually move.

We've also taken ours to restaurants from a very early age. The more you do things like that, the quicker they learn what behaviour is and isn't acceptable.

4 years old is ok , bearing in mind if you take them to kids films people are more tolerant than if you took them at 9pm on a Saturday.

We take ours quite regularly, and also take them to the theatre (they're 5 and 4 on Wednesday). They're usually so spell bound they don't actually move.

We've also taken ours to restaurants from a very early age. The more you do things like that, the quicker they learn what behaviour is and isn't acceptable.

Oh put food in front of MK Jnr and she won't move until the plate it clear. However I try her on new films (from Netflix) and she lasts about 5 mins before wanting Pocoyo/Peppa Pig/Mickey Mouse.

I think I'll leave it for another year at least - which is a shame as I'd love to see The Lego movie!

He's not four until Wednesday, when (he has told me) he will be so big he will reach the ceiling!

Haha! I love some of the things kids come out with. Only taken my two 5 year olds to the cinema twice and both times they were good as gold. Haven't taken them to football yet but will do soon I think they won't be as good there than at the cinema.

Only taken my two 5 year olds to the cinema twice and both times they were good as gold. Haven't taken them to football yet but will do soon I think they won't be as good there than at the cinema.

Good for you. My 5 year old actually has a season ticket. He does get bored sometimes, but that's easily dealt with using a selection of snacks and a Leap Pad!

Being back at work after a week in the Lake District and spending my entire time with my wife and kids.

I have a theory, however, that you need to have a second holiday already booked before you actually go away to soften the blow for when you come home. Thankfully this time (and the time after that) it's already sorted!

The power cut which meant my alarm didn't go off this morning.

It also meant no central heating, no hot water and a very brief very cold shower.

It was like living in North Korea but with more artex.

vdfsp3.png

The BBC making it clear which they think is the more important story...

The effin trains again. I get to the station for the 8.21 and it doesn't appear. I then look on my phone at the live update to see that it has been delayed by 10 minutes. Then an announcement tells us that is is delayed by "...11 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."

Then we're told "...13 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."
Then were told "...15 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."
Then we're told "...17 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."
Then we're told "...19 minutes. This is due to safety checks being carried out."

In the end, at about 21 minutes a different train, that was also supposed to be delayed turned up.

Now, what I would be interested to know is:
a) Why couldn't they carry out the safety checks before the train was due to depart?
b) What kind of safety checks are carried out on a train that is delayed, but still moving, in 2 minute increments?

*******s!

Back