• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We have a new spike in Covid as confirmed by a friend's other half who works at the Hospital. I know 8 people that have come down with it in the last 2 weeks. I thankfully tested negative at this time. Apparently if it gets really bad again, we will all be wearing masks again. Ggrr.
My wife had it. She says it was like a heavy head cold. It lasted about 4/5 days.

Had a motor claim earlier this year and my insurer has been unable to recover costs. Its going to court and I hope there will be no cost to me.

I had one a few years back where a woman drove into the back of me at a roundabout and refused to even admit she hit me. I went to BMW who put me in touch with a company that do the repairs and claim from the other driver's insurance.

The woman tried to show there was no damage to her car by showing that the front number plate wasn't damaged, but someone at the repair company pointed out to the lawyers that the number plate wasn't the same as the one in the photos I sent them. The number plate had been changed!

Her insurance company refused to pay and it went to the small claims court where both her and I were called as witnesses. Needless to say she lost.

I had one a few years back where a woman drove into the back of me at a roundabout and refused to even admit she hit me. I went to BMW who put me in touch with a company that do the repairs and claim from the other driver's insurance.

The woman tried to show there was no damage to her car by showing that the front number plate wasn't damaged, but someone at the repair company pointed out to the lawyers that the number plate wasn't the same as the one in the photos I sent them. The number plate had been changed!

Her insurance company refused to pay and it went to the small claims court where both her and I were called as witnesses. Needless to say she lost.

Excellent. what a ****

About 6 years ago, my friend was travelling down his road, North Road Westcliff late at night when a car pulled out with no lights on, and crashed into him head first. Thankfully my friend spotted him and slammed the brakes on, so not too bad a crash, with about £200 maximum damage to both cars. The other guy jumped out and blamed my friend, but clearly the other guy caused the crash. No one was injured. Both were just the driver in the car, no witnesses. When my friend said he will just get his mobile from his car to take photos, The other guy made an excuse about had to be at the hospital and quickly drove off. When they both put in their report to the insurers, my friend told the truth, but the other guy added 3 family members to his car, and they all had injuries, mainly whiplash and back, as signed by a doctor with a similar foreign name in London. They had to have treatment and time off work, etc. They also came up with 2 witnesses who just happened to be there late at night, and just happened to originate from the same Country by their names(It's a miracle). Him and the witnesses said my friend was speeding with no lights on. He also said his car was worse in this terrible crash, than he thought the next day, and was a write off and he scrapped it, without letting his insurer see it. It was an obvious fraud for over £20,000 in total, but it went on for ages as the insurers argued it out. The 2 witnesses he came up with and the 4 family members in total, with all matching statements, against the word of 1 person, made it difficult. In the end the insurers came to some sort of agreement. It was only a minor bump, so my friend didn't bother to go and ask anyone for any CCTV down that road that month.

About 6 years ago, my friend was travelling down his road, North Road Westcliff late at night when a car pulled out with no lights on, and crashed into him head first. Thankfully my friend spotted him and slammed the brakes on, so not too bad a crash, with about £200 maximum damage to both cars. The other guy jumped out and blamed my friend, but clearly the other guy caused the crash. No one was injured. Both were just the driver in the car, no witnesses. When my friend said he will just get his mobile from his car to take photos, The other guy made an excuse about had to be at the hospital and quickly drove off. When they both put in their report to the insurers, my friend told the truth, but the other guy added 3 family members to his car, and they all had injuries, mainly whiplash and back, as signed by a doctor with a similar foreign name in London. They had to have treatment and time off work, etc. They also came up with 2 witnesses who just happened to be there late at night, and just happened to originate from the same Country by their names(It's a miracle). Him and the witnesses said my friend was speeding with no lights on. He also said his car was worse in this terrible crash, than he thought the next day, and was a write off and he scrapped it, without letting his insurer see it. It was an obvious fraud for over £20,000 in total, but it went on for ages as the insurers argued it out. The 2 witnesses he came up with and the 4 family members in total, with all matching statements, against the word of 1 person, made it difficult. In the end the insurers came to some sort of agreement. It was only a minor bump, so my friend didn't bother to go and ask anyone for any CCTV down that road that month.
FFS

So the Met police have said they can't arrest someone for climbing up a statue or monument. Even though it's extremely disrespectful to those that lost their lives fighting for this country, disrespectful to their relatives, and in very bad taste. But hold on, eight Greenpeace were arrested for doing that, when they climbed up statues and monuments in London. There is also many members of the public arrested every year, for climbing these in London. In those cases they arrest under public order, or in suspicion of causing criminal damage. So it seems if you look a certain way, they will find a law to arrest you for climbing these statues and monuments. If you look another certain way, they will find an excuse not to arrest you. This country is getting worse.

So the Met police have said they can't arrest someone for climbing up a statue or monument. Even though it's extremely disrespectful to those that lost their lives fighting for this country, disrespectful to their relatives, and in very bad taste. But hold on, eight Greenpeace were arrested for doing that, when they climbed up statues and monuments in London. There is also many members of the public arrested every year, for climbing these in London. In those cases they arrest under public order, or in suspicion of causing criminal damage. So it seems if you look a certain way, they will find a law to arrest you for climbing these statues and monuments. If you look another certain way, they will find an excuse not to arrest you. This country is getting worse.
Getting a bit politics in here!
But it is shambolic, in other countries burning a nations flag is a quick way to the cells, or burn a holy book and worse befalls the perpetrator.
So many of these actions are driven by social media sh÷t, ignorance, half baked cheer leaders, poor journalism and racing headlines.

The Greenpeace activists were arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to Nelson's column in 2016. In the incident the other day there was no suggestiion of criminal damage and to the credit of the police involved they were able to persuade the people to come down, which they did quite peaceably and without further incident. If the UK is serious about being a beacon of democracy and free speech
the police should be free of political interference and we certainly should not be aping repressive fascist regimes who throw people in jail for the flimsiest of reasons, although some elements of society would no doubt welcome that.

The Greenpeace activists were arrested on suspicion of causing criminal damage to Nelson's column in 2016. In the incident the other day there was no suggestiion of criminal damage and to the credit of the police involved they were able to persuade the people to come down, which they did quite peaceably and without further incident. If the UK is serious about being a beacon of democracy and free speech
the police should be free of political interference and we certainly should not be aping repressive fascist regimes who throw people in jail for the flimsiest of reasons, although some elements of society would no doubt welcome that.
The Greenpeace activists went on a few statues and monuments, not just Nelson's Column. As reported, every year there are members of the public climbing up or on top of these things, always arrested no matter damage done or not. A former London C.I.D. Detective said the Met's Commissioner is talking rubbish, by him saying there is no specific law for climbing up statues or monuments. He said it comes under an umbrella of charges that can be applied, which are being applied to everyone else that climbs these things. The example he gave was there is no specific law for shoving an ice cream or a custard pie into a police officers face, but of course you would be arrested for assault. So he said it's a cop out to say statues and monuments don't have a written law.

The Greenpeace activists went on a few statues and monuments, not just Nelson's Column. As reported, every year there are members of the public climbing up or on top of these things, always arrested no matter damage done or not. A former London C.I.D. Detective said the Met's Commissioner is talking rubbish, by him saying there is no specific law for climbing up statues or monuments. He said it comes under an umbrella of charges that can be applied, which are being applied to everyone else that climbs these things. The example he gave was there is no specific law for shoving an ice cream or a custard pie into a police officers face, but of course you would be arrested for assault. So he said it's a cop out to say statues and monuments don't have a written law.
I think I would rather take the word of the current commissioner than some unnamed ex copper with an agenda of his own.

I think I would rather take the word of the current commissioner than some unnamed ex copper with an agenda of his own.
Have you been reading the news? He's been blasted from all sides. He could be the next big name for the sack according to quite a few. He's making excuse after excuse as to why people aren't being arrested. All I ask is arrest everyone for climbing up statues or monuments, or arrest no one. A level playing field is not too much to ask. In my own opinion, every single person climbing a statue or monument should be arrested.

Back