• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have you been reading the news? He's been blasted from all sides. He could be the next big name for the sack according to quite a few. He's making excuse after excuse as to why people aren't being arrested. All I ask is arrest everyone for climbing up statues or monuments, or arrest no one. A level playing field is not too much to ask. In my own opinion, every single person climbing a statue or monument should be arrested.
I follow the news closely but that does not include far right media like GB News, Daily Mail , Express etc whose views are hardly worth taking seriously, nor neo Fascist politicians on the make.

I follow the news closely but that does not include far right media like GB News, Daily Mail , Express etc whose views are hardly worth taking seriously, nor neo Fascist politicians on the make.
There are also news channels that play the middle ground and slag off anyone that deserves it. That's why I said he's been attacked by all sides. So forget any bias for a moment, do you think it's right to pick and choose who can do untasteful things in London? Do you think it's right for the police to give some people a pass for climbing on a war memorial? They know it's a very sensitive time to do so, just a few days after Remembrance Sunday. They know how disrespectful it is. They probably expected to be arrested when they did it, taking one for their cause and protest.

@THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK & @blues exile. Gentlemen, I think it clear that you both have contrasting opinions on your discussion. If you wish to continue this debate it would be better to do it via the PM system to allow this thread to continue in it's normal fashion. Thanks for your co-operation both.

@THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK & @blues exile. Gentlemen, I think it clear that you both have contrasting opinions on your discussion. If you wish to continue this debate it would be better to do it via the PM system to allow this thread to continue in it's normal fashion. Thanks for your co-operation both.
Apologies. My dad was a young Royal Marine(Just for the war)fighting for this country in France in the second World War. He had horror stories and lost a few friends. My grandad was in the first World war. People really did give their life for this country and the freedom we now enjoy. So I get a bit over protective of war memorials etc.

Apologies. My dad was a young Royal Marine(Just for the war)fighting for this country in France in the second World War. He had horror stories and lost a few friends. My grandad was in the first World war. People really did give their life for this country and the freedom we now enjoy. So I get a bit over protective of war memorials etc.
My father was conscripted at the age of 42 so didn't have a choice. Attached to a medical team, progressed through Holland and Germany where he witnessed the horrors of concentration camps when they were liberated. Scarred him for the rest of his life but made him realise the utter futility of war in which there are no glorious dead, only victims of power games. Freedom needs to be jealously protected never more so than today where the rise of fascism is everywhere you look.

We adopted a stray cat a couple of weeks ago and it escaped for 5 hrs on Wednesday. Managed to catch the cat with help from the people who gave us the cat. They are now refusing to give the cat back.
We would had got the cat back earlier but the neighbours and the 2 houses next to them were out.

We adopted a stray cat a couple of weeks ago and it escaped for 5 hrs on Wednesday. Managed to catch the cat with help from the people who gave us the cat. They are now refusing to give the cat back.
We would had got the cat back earlier but the neighbours and the 2 houses next to them were out.
We have 13 of the gits, how many you want me to put you down for?

6 is a nice even number

8 is even better.

I opted to drive to Streatham to watch the hockey rather than watch the Chesterfield game and was rewarded by a 6-0 caning of a short rostered team.

Dog ate a Pain Chocolat this morning when my back was turned.

Luckily it only contained 12g of chocolate, the dog is quite large and there is a dog chocolate toxicity calculator online and no ill effects are expected.

Dog chocolate toxicity calculator

Useful to know because the second you even think about calling the vet you are in for a few hundred and I am 100% certain many of them go out of their way to rinse concerned owners.

Dog ate a Pain Chocolat this morning when my back was turned.

Luckily it only contained 12g of chocolate, the dog is quite large and there is a dog chocolate toxicity calculator online and no ill effects are expected.

Dog chocolate toxicity calculator

Useful to know because the second you even think about calling the vet you are in for a few hundred and I am 100% certain many of them go out of their way to rinse concerned owners.

We had a dog when I was a kid and it ate chocolate all the time. We used to get chocolate every Friday night as a treat, when the four of us kids had to line up to get our share the dog was at the front to get her share. She lived to be eighteen years.

Me thinks vets are overstating the toxicity to make a Buck.

I opted to drive to Streatham to watch the hockey rather than watch the Chesterfield game and was rewarded by a 6-0 caning of a short rostered team.
Oof. Once drove 1,000 mile round-trip from Prince George to watch Montreal get destroyed by Vancouver. Their fans were singularly unpleasant too, On a more pleasant note, a leisurely 200 mile round trip to Quesnel for a PG Spruce Kings game yielded a 6-5 overtime win. We were the only away fans and the Quesnel fans showered us in plastic cups and bottles - obviously stood there with arms outstretched giving it plenty.

Terror attacks targeting innocent people, especially children. Absolutely sickening. One of the little girls was saved by CPR until the ambulance arrived. It has now sparked riots in Dublin, as the locals are very angry and warned about this due to what's happened the last few years.

Reactions: jnl
My previous umbrella company has made a couple of payments I wasn't expecting totalling about £2k

Obviously I would like to keep the money but I suspect these are errors and it makes me nervous what else they have F'd up.

watching the build-up to the Spurs vs Villa game on the SkySports PL channel and then without much warning (just mentioning Paul Pogba is at the race) their football feed is changed to their broadcasting F1 feed where I am shown the position of the whole leaderboard on lap 30.

Back