• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I’m pleased we don’t have VAR and I don’t want it either. The Villa goal was quite clearly onside yet they spent a few mins checking. I think it should be on a timer, say 30 seconds. If it takes longer it’s clearly not an obvious call so just go with the ref’s decision.
I've got to say, I was never for VAR in the 1st place (and was quite vocal about it too), and the more I see of it, the less I want it.

Woke up full of cough, high temperature , congestion, snot & aches this morning.

I had my flu jab on Saturday afternoon.

Not convinced this is entirely coincidental.

Woke up full of cough, high temperature , congestion, snot & aches this morning.

I had my flu jab on Saturday afternoon.

Not convinced this is entirely coincidental

Last year I got a horrible cold after the flu jab (first time that I had one) - decided not to have it this year.

Idiots at traffic lights at roadworks who block the side junctions so no bugger can go anywhere. Namely the ones in Hockley.

Have some manners & consideration.

Looking to replace a front wing on a fiesta as the old one has rusted away at the underneath. Removed all the bolts only to find its been spot welded. Least I saved £60 on purchasing a new front wing, spraying etc

Will just weatherproof the underside of the car with some fibreglass filler and some undercarriage paint to ensure the splashes from the wheels don't rust that area of the car away quicker than the rest.

Boiler issue. Typical when it is freezing!

I have no understanding of boilers at all. Basically, we moved into a house in April time that was left for around a year empty, moved in, radiators, heating all fine.

We now want the central heating on, the light comes on and the radiators start to warm up nicely, then the central heating light switches off. We still have hot water for showers etc. just no heat t the radiators.

Assume whatever the issue is, it will be expensive. We have someone coming out on the 5th dec. Happy days!!!

Boiler issue. Typical when it is freezing!

I have no understanding of boilers at all. Basically, we moved into a house in April time that was left for around a year empty, moved in, radiators, heating all fine.

We now want the central heating on, the light comes on and the radiators start to warm up nicely, then the central heating light switches off. We still have hot water for showers etc. just no heat t the radiators.

Assume whatever the issue is, it will be expensive. We have someone coming out on the 5th dec. Happy days!!!
Have you checked the thermostat? If it's turning off having turned on, and you have hot water, logic would dictate the boiler is working. I'm no expert, but using logic it seems the obvious solution might just be the thermostat. It would be a colossal waste of money to get an expert out just for him to turn the heating up!

Have you checked the thermostat? If it's turning off having turned on, and you have hot water, logic would dictate the boiler is working. I'm no expert, but using logic it seems the obvious solution might just be the thermostat. It would be a colossal waste of money to get an expert out just for him to turn the heating up!
Thanks for your message. I mean I don't have a clue what i am doing. The standard thermostat is like on 15, then i have this other one but have no idea what it is. I have a picture of it🤣

Attachments

• IMG-20231127-WA0017(1).jpg
    IMG-20231127-WA0017(1).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for your message. I mean I don't have a clue what i am doing. The standard thermostat is like on 15, then i have this other one but have no idea what it is. I have a picture of it🤣
No idea either, but 15° seems very low, assuming that's what you meant.

Given the house was empty I'm guessing someone turned it right down to save money but keep it ticking over. That is only a guess though.

That thing in your hand has a WiFi symbol on it so I'm also guessing there an app to download.

More and more Amazon orders going via Royal Mail.

One of the big advantages of Amazon is being able to pick your day of delivery and know where the Mercedes Sprinter is to the minute. Royal Mail no real guide to anything and it's just dumped on the doorstep.

Last edited:
Back