• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bin collection day today. Got home from a quick morning shop at Tesco to find some b*gger who lives over 3 miles away in Rayleigh (near the tip!) had filled-up our recyclables bin with cardboard boxes! Obviously a thicko, had left address labels stuck to a few boxes

Bin collection day today. Got home from a quick morning shop at Tesco to find some b*gger who lives over 3 miles away in Rayleigh (near the tip!) had filled-up our recyclables bin with cardboard boxes! Obviously a thicko, had left address labels stuck to a few boxes
I had that a few years back. Some bloke dumped a load of rubbish in my tall bin, but had left an address on one letter. He lived the next road to me. Obviously he had filled his bin up. So I went around to his house and dumped it all on his doorstep. And left him a warning note through his door. It never happened again. But I'm not keen on the tall bins, and prefer the black and pink sacks on the collection day. Those tall bins look bad, and get kicked or wheeled down the road a few times a year by local youths coming back drunk. So I didn't hunt them down the last time they went missing, and refuse to use them anymore.

It's all about personal choice, it's the same with the Flu jab. If you don't want to participate, fine, but don't belittle others that do.
I didn't belittle you , I replied to you being hacked off about the the adverse effects of your jab.. .

City Fibre with the never ending traffic jams and inconvenience their causing. Add to that the scars they are leaving on the pavements and roads. Leave as you find it. Surely we can't be that sad and desperate for extra surfing power of is it brown envelopes talking again?

City Fibre with the never ending traffic jams and inconvenience their causing. Add to that the scars they are leaving on the pavements and roads. Leave as you find it. Surely we can't be that sad and desperate for extra surfing power of is it brown envelopes talking again?
Depends which part of the County you're talking about @ESG. City Fibre had a contract with Southend City Council to provide full fibre infrastructure across the borough, presumably to make the city more attractive to newbies, commercial and private. They have created mayhem for sure, but they also saved me a shed full of dosh switching from BT on copper wire to Vodafone on full fibre to the house (£40 per month saving).

The devastation they are now inflicting in Hockley, Rochford and Rayleigh is certainly a pain in the arse though. We didn't actually have any road scarring as they ran the full fibre cables from existing telegraph poles.

Depends which part of the County you're talking about @ESG. City Fibre had a contract with Southend City Council to provide full fibre infrastructure across the borough, presumably to make the city more attractive to newbies, commercial and private. They have created mayhem for sure, but they also saved me a shed full of dosh switching from BT on copper wire to Vodafone on full fibre to the house (£40 per month saving).

The devastation they are now inflicting in Hockley, Rochford and Rayleigh is certainly a pain in the arse though. We didn't actually have any road scarring as they ran the full fibre cables from existing telegraph poles.
It's the devastion I'm referring to mate. The bloke on traffic light patrol was asleep in his van whilst chaos all around in Hockley the other day. He wasn't far off a lynch mob such was the anger.

It's the devastion I'm referring to mate. The bloke on traffic light patrol was asleep in his van whilst chaos all around in Hockley the other day. He wasn't far off a lynch mob such was the anger.
Last Friday I counted 7 (Seven!) sets of temporary traffic lights in the locality of Hockley, Rayleigh & Rochford.

Some of them had no bugger doing a thing on.

This is a government initiative so local authorities have little or no say in what is done or, in reality, how its done. City Fibre and it's contractors are hauled over the coals and fined on a regular basis but.....what the government wants, the government gets and local authorities will be picking up the bills for repairs for a long long time. I believe its called progress, and for that, we all have to pay.

• Angry
Reactions: ESG
This is a government initiative so local authorities have little or no say in what is done or, in reality, how its done. City Fibre and it's contractors are hauled over the coals and fined on a regular basis but.....what the government wants, the government gets and local authorities will be picking up the bills for repairs for a long long time. I believe its called progress, and for that, we all have to pay.
I had a 6 month contract with City Fibre a few years ago and I can tell you that every word of that is incorrect in terms of who is in control. They were commissioned (if that's the right word) by Southend Council, not the government.

Their business model is quite interesting as they agree to upgrade all council facilities for nothing. When I say council facilities I mean offices, leisure centres, schools etc, and even traffic lights. This is in exchange for being able to put fibre into homes and charge. City Fibre are really a wholesaler so they partner with people like Vodafone.

• Wow
Reactions: ESG
I had a 6 month contract with City Fibre a few years ago and I can tell you that every word of that is incorrect in terms of who is in control. They were commissioned (if that's the right word) by Southend Council, not the government.

Their business model is quite interesting as they agree to upgrade all council facilities for nothing. When I say council facilities I mean offices, leisure centres, schools etc, and even traffic lights. This is in exchange for being able to put fibre into homes and charge. City Fibre are really a wholesaler so they partner with people like Vodafone.
We will have to disagree on this, I worked extensively on the council side and know that despite the many sweeteners City Fibre offered, the cost to local authorities will be exponentially larger than said sweeteners and no local authority had any say in the matter about who did the work, none whatsoever. C F are the preferred government contractor and the targets C F have to make are government set.

American healthcare. I just moved jobs, so I have new insurance. You notify the doctor, the chemist, the dentist etc, but every ****ing time they say that they don't have your updated details and try to charge you a million dollars for an aspirin. Its an overly complex system with morons administrating it and it doesn't work. You're better off with the NHS and getting **** all but at least it's free.

Asked someone I know what a dalek was. When I was younger I had like a bubblebath in the shape of a dalek which my cousins play with. So held it up and said to her "What is this?"

Her reply:

"Darth Vader?"

Back