• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Live in Hockley & am moving house soon so had a few bits on Facebook marketplace to give away for free including a box of about 20 childrens dvds.

Got a message from a woman in Southend saying she would take them “providing you drop them round as I’m in a wheelchair.”

I very politely declined to do so as had several other requests to take them off my hands & received a lovely 4 letter word reply from her telling me to go forth & multiply.

I really didn’t know how to react..

Live in Hockley & am moving house soon so had a few bits on Facebook marketplace to give away for free including a box of about 20 childrens dvds.

Got a message from a woman in Southend saying she would take them “providing you drop them round as I’m in a wheelchair.”

I very politely declined to do so as had several other requests to take them off my hands & received a lovely 4 letter word reply from her telling me to go forth & multiply.

If it was true and she was in a wheelchair and had children, I would of taken them to her.

Nothing annoys a Facebook abuser more than silence from the abused.

Tell her to go for a walk to cool off.

Any chance of a heads up on what type of scam it is for idiots like me please.
They ask for an email address (you don't need to give them this) then say they have transferred the money.

You then receive an official looking PayPal email saying your account limit has been exceeded. Click on the link to reset. You are then redirected to a fake PayPal login which will lift your login credentials.

I reported both accounts as soon as they asked for an email address but it won't stop them.

Got to not fall for the missed delivery scams going about as well guys n gals. They know a huge percentage of the population are expecting a delivery. So they send you an email saying sorry they missed you. They then ask you to pay a small fee for redelivery, usually £1 or £1.99, otherwise. they say they will have to send package back to the sender. They ask for your credit/debit card details, for redelivery fee, including security number, and then spend your money, on those cards not so secure. Some even ask for addition details like your address and birthday, to be used in other scams. The best I've seen is pretending to be from DPD. It looks like it's legit with all the wording and red DPD logos.

Got to not fall for the missed delivery scams going about as well guys n gals. They know a huge percentage of the population are expecting a delivery. So they send you an email saying sorry they missed you. They then ask you to pay a small fee for redelivery, usually £1 or £1.99, otherwise. they say they will have to send package back to the sender. They ask for your credit/debit card details, for redelivery fee, including security number, and then spend your money, on those cards not so secure. Some even ask for addition details like your address and birthday, to be used in other scams. The best I've seen is pretending to be from DPD. It looks like it's legit with all the wording and red DPD logos.
During the last 3 weeks, i've had 3 e-mails titled that my delivery parcel is ready. As i don't order online & maybe if i open them i'll be hacked (?), i just delete them instantly.

Back