• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Advertising something on Facebook Marketplace.

Two scumbags have tried the same paypal scam with me in the hour or so since it was listed.
I have seen something for sale on Facebook Marketplace but the seller will only insist on payment by Bank Transfer (as a buyer I'm not covered) or PayPal Friends & Family (again I'm not covered).

Just come back from holiday in the New Forest. On the way home remembered I hadn't logged out of Netflix at the Airbnb we was staying in. Gone to watch something and it's come up too many people are using the account.

I've logged in via my phone and I've logged out of all devices. I assume though that Netflix won't log me out of the Airbnb one until the oerson stops watching Episode 3 of The Night Agent.

:Angry:

Estate agents…. Is there a worst profession. Never meet a good one, never met one that isn’t a ****, never met one that doesn’t dress terribly.

And they do absolutely nothing to help the process, uneducated idiots.

I have seen something for sale on Facebook Marketplace but the seller will only insist on payment by Bank Transfer (as a buyer I'm not covered) or PayPal Friends & Family (again I'm not covered).
I got scammed on Vinted for £180 using the PayPal one about 18 months back.

Looking back I still kick myself but it looked really legit at the time
Luckily I got my money refunded from PayPal but I consider myself fortunate.

I got scammed on Vinted for £180 using the PayPal one about 18 months back.

Looking back I still kick myself but it looked really legit at the time
Luckily I got my money refunded from PayPal but I consider myself fortunate.
Sadly I am of the opinion that more than 50% of the population are dishonest.

Reactions: jnl
Estate agents…. Is there a worst profession. Never meet a good one, never met one that isn’t a ****, never met one that doesn’t dress terribly.

And they do absolutely nothing to help the process, uneducated idiots.
I beg to differ. I work as an administrator in a local independent. We have high expectations for ourselves and always try and live up to them.

We are all invested in our clients and helping their experience be as smooth as possible, One minute we are marriage counsellors, another we are consoling a bereaved widow/er or son or daughter now suddenly with no living parent. We deal with smelly dogs and cats, we make beds and have to move underwear left on the floor when on viewings.

My colleagues work their socks off to help people find the right buyers for their homes, including vetting their affordability. Once the sale's been agreed then we liaise between all 4 parties (buyer, seller and both solicitors) plus other agents up and down the chains. We know from when we're talking to other agents that not everyone works to our standards. If your agent isn't/hasn't done those things then maybe you just picked a bad agent.

Last edited:
I beg to differ. I work as an administrator in a local independent. We have high expectations for ourselves and always try and live up to them.

We are all invested in our clients and helping their experience be as smooth as possible, One minute we are marriage counsellors, another we are consoling a bereaved widow/er or son or daughter. We deal with smelly dogs and cats, we make beds and have to move underwear left on the floor when on viewings.

My colleagues work their socks off to help people find the right buyers for their homes, including vetting their affordability. Once the sale's been agreed then we liaise between all 4 parties (buyer, seller and both solicitors) plus other agents up and down the chains. We know from when we're talking to other agents that not everyone works to our standards. If you agent isn't/hasn't done those things then maybe you just picked a bad agent.
I think the uneducated idiots comment puts it all into perspective OBL, not nice and unjust.

93% humidity registered in our back garden today. Just a bit too sticky, even for Sticky the stick insect.

We are all invested in our clients and helping their experience be as smooth as possible, One minute we are marriage counsellors, another we are consoling a bereaved widow/er or son or daughter now suddenly with no living parent. We deal with smelly dogs and cats, we make beds and have to move underwear left on the floor when on viewings.

My colleagues work their socks off to help people find the right buyers for their homes, including vetting their affordability. Once the sale's been agreed then we liaise between all 4 parties (buyer, seller and both solicitors) plus other agents up and down the chains. We know from when we're talking to other agents that not everyone works to our standards. If you agent isn't/hasn't done those things then maybe you just picked a bad agent.
I believe I’m currently using your Hockley branch for our sale & purchase & have been so impressed with the help, advice & service received so far.
Would definitely recommend to anybody.

Keep up the good work Kay, ignore the naysayers
👍👏

Some absolute scum about. Another charity Elephant vandalised. This time in Leigh, a couple have been damaged in Southend before.

From the Echo.
Elephants have been designed and placed around Southend to raise funds for Havens Hospices, who provide free support and care for people living with incurable illnesses in South Essex.

Lollie the elephant was found lying on its side in Leigh Library Gardens this morning.

The artist, David Maguire and sponsor Forrester Hyde has been informed, as well as Leigh Town Council and the Community Policing Team.
The charity believes it is unlikely that the elephant will return to the trial because of the extent of the damage.

On social media, artist David Maguire said: "I'm absolutely crushed to see this this morning. I spent weeks carefully painting her and all of the little details on each ice cream and lolly and it's terrible for it all to be ruined so close to the end of the trail.

"It's so sad that she won't be able to be on display until the end thanks to some mindless individual who clearly has issues if they can't leave charity art sculptures alone."

"I hope those that did get to visit Lollie when she was looking her best, enjoyed meeting her and appreciated the love that went into creating her."

Organisers hope visitors will continue to enjoy the other sculptures as the charity trail comes to an end this week.

There are 45 remaining elephant sculptures and 72 baby elephants located around Southend, Leigh and Shoeburyness.

All the elephants will come together on September 23 and 24 at Saxon Hall for a farewell weekend before being auctioned on September 26.

A spokesperson for Havens Hospices said: “We are aware of the deliberate damage to Lollie at Leigh Library Gardens and are heartbroken that someone has done this to one of our beloved elephants.
“Our artists spend hours creating these masterpieces for everyone to enjoy and to raise vital funds for Havens Hospices, caring for babies, children and adults living with an incurable condition.
17160905.jpg

Some scumbag threw something out their window at my girlfriend’s car after cutting her up on the A12. Seems like there’s no visible damage but she’s obviously shaken. Scum everywhere

Edit: big dent on the passenger side must have been a heavy object. Reported to police. Wish she got the reg.

Last edited:
Back