• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some absolute scum about. Another charity Elephant vandalised. This time in Leigh, a couple have been damaged in Southend before.

From the Echo.
Elephants have been designed and placed around Southend to raise funds for Havens Hospices, who provide free support and care for people living with incurable illnesses in South Essex.

Lollie the elephant was found lying on its side in Leigh Library Gardens this morning.

The artist, David Maguire and sponsor Forrester Hyde has been informed, as well as Leigh Town Council and the Community Policing Team.
The charity believes it is unlikely that the elephant will return to the trial because of the extent of the damage.

On social media, artist David Maguire said: "I'm absolutely crushed to see this this morning. I spent weeks carefully painting her and all of the little details on each ice cream and lolly and it's terrible for it all to be ruined so close to the end of the trail.

"It's so sad that she won't be able to be on display until the end thanks to some mindless individual who clearly has issues if they can't leave charity art sculptures alone."

"I hope those that did get to visit Lollie when she was looking her best, enjoyed meeting her and appreciated the love that went into creating her."

Organisers hope visitors will continue to enjoy the other sculptures as the charity trail comes to an end this week.

There are 45 remaining elephant sculptures and 72 baby elephants located around Southend, Leigh and Shoeburyness.

All the elephants will come together on September 23 and 24 at Saxon Hall for a farewell weekend before being auctioned on September 26.

A spokesperson for Havens Hospices said: “We are aware of the deliberate damage to Lollie at Leigh Library Gardens and are heartbroken that someone has done this to one of our beloved elephants.
“Our artists spend hours creating these masterpieces for everyone to enjoy and to raise vital funds for Havens Hospices, caring for babies, children and adults living with an incurable condition.
17160905.jpg
Scum that do this should have their feet cut off.

Don't know that one.
In the first 'Jaws' film, the mayor was talking to Brody in front of a advertising bill board of a girl surfing. A local had felt penned her screaming 'help, shark', & added a sharks fin on the poster.
The Mayor saw that & said, 'Brody, find out whose responsible & hang them up by their buster browns!.'

Pretty brutal typhoon here. First big one since 2018 (plenty of small ones). 150kmh winds and still at least 3 hours before it’s at its nearest (about 40km away). I’m reasonably sheltered but taking nothing for granted. Some low lying areas already under water, couldn’t be worse timing with a spring tide. Going to be an interesting night for me.

Fake Homeless beggar gangs. Seems to be hitting all the big Cities now. They turn up in the gang leaders smart cars, Mercedes etc. They have a rucksack, a costa coffee type cup for collections. They put a rug or sheet over their bodies. And have a cardboard sign saying, I'm hungry, God Bless You. Or I'm Homeless and hungry. Etc. Most are Romanian, Albanian or Pakistani. They target tourists and locals. The signs are a giveaway as they are the same for that gang in that City. They are not homeless, they are not hungry. With this fake begging, they are doing very well, thank you. One was observed by a secret camera above a shop, and got over 200 people donating into the cup, that was emptied every now and again with money going into the rucksack pockets. So in 6 hours, the average donation is £1, that's £200 a day, tax free, and almost definitely on housing and unemployment benefits. It also deprives the genuine homeless of money.

Pretty brutal typhoon here. First big one since 2018 (plenty of small ones). 150kmh winds and still at least 3 hours before it’s at its nearest (about 40km away). I’m reasonably sheltered but taking nothing for granted. Some low lying areas already under water, couldn’t be worse timing with a spring tide. Going to be an interesting night for me.
Didn’t end up as bad as the 2018 one. I’d rate it top 5 in the 12 years I’ve been here. We average 3 per year. Still not to be underestimated especially with non stop rain for 19 hours so far and counting.

Back